What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Bluto »

Johnie Walker gold label. I’m gettin fancy on someone else’s dime.

Of course, this is only because the decanter of Kirkland was almost empty and some tried to fill it by grabbing what he thought was Scotch but wasn’t paying attention and poured several measures of vodka into the decanter.

cheers

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hoppy The Hopster wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:27 pm
Bubble Gum Head

Pours a crisp, deep golden orange with just a tinge of cloudiness to the body; multiple fingers of off-white head retain well, leaving a thin smattering of stringy lacing as the head recedes, alongside a thin collar and spotty cap.

Aroma opens with dense wheat and grainy nuttiness that just won’t quit, eventually welcoming in the softest undertones of herbal hops and citrus peel; direct and pretty impressive wheaty depth.

Taste of dense wheat now embraces grassy hops in good measure, adding a spicy depth to the profile while orange peel, zesty underripe citrus, dried straw, and lemon zest build quietly in the backdrop; deep wheaty tones resume dominance on the finish following an earthy tangerine ‘pop’.

Mouthfeel brings a medium body built on a silky smooth graininess and equally creamy carbonation; virtually no bitterness; slightly drying malty crispness leading into the finish, where sweaty grain gives it a boggy touch.

Heavy on the wheat and earthy tones, the depth touches an air of refinement that boosts quaffability to a high level; this one embraces its intensity to great success.

I'm assuming that was your review on BeerAdvocate, if so you have the lingo down. I always felt inadequate in describing beer, mostly settling for a "It's good...I like it."
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hoppy The Hopster wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:27 pm
Bubble Gum Head

Pours a crisp, deep golden orange with just a tinge of cloudiness to the body; multiple fingers of off-white head retain well, leaving a thin smattering of stringy lacing as the head recedes, alongside a thin collar and spotty cap.

Aroma opens with dense wheat and grainy nuttiness that just won’t quit, eventually welcoming in the softest undertones of herbal hops and citrus peel; direct and pretty impressive wheaty depth.

Taste of dense wheat now embraces assy
Mouthfeel...
Copy pasta from here:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profi ... ba=jrc1093

Is there no low that the bastard won't stoop to?
Plagiarist, hanging bloody hemorrhoid on the butthole face of trollery!

Shady. Welcome to ban hell ye bloody travesty of minimal human DNA.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Some pints of Guinness on my day off.

Thinking about doing the Tyrconnell “flight,” which consists of the single malt, the single malt Madeira finish, and the single malt port cask finish.

It would save me $25 as opposed to buying them all independently.

Ok I think I’m sold.

Cheers.
I saw the 10 year old of Tyrconnell today and almost picked it up but my better half offered to split a family size bottle of Glenfiddich. Was that one in your "flight"? The Tyrconnell 10 year not the Glenfiddich I mean.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:15 pm
I saw the 10 year old of Tyrconnell today and almost picked it up but my better half offered to split a family size bottle of Glenfiddich. Was that one in your "flight"? The Tyrconnell 10 year not the Glenfiddich I mean.
No, I think the 10 is different from the standard "single malt," which is what I tried and bought a bottle of. Could be wrong, though.

It's nice, but I was slightly off-put by the creamy finish.
Last edited by Nausea on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I've been waiting all day to crack into this WT101 -- so sweet when the moment finally comes.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 pm
And I said to myself: "Has all thy vodka and tequila went forth to the great graveyard of the stoned liver already?"

"Yes", answered Bob.

"Fine," said I, resigned to a fridge full of Hamm's, the beer refreshing, and the sleepless fate of getting up to piss like a bear in the woods every few hours of the clock.

"Ye of little faith," boomed the resounding voice of Bob.

"However do you mean, oh holy Blob?"

"It's Bob, for fuck sake. And I have not fucksaken you yet. For if you remember, a handle of 190 Everclear has been stashed by foresight in that place you call the cabinet. And it is good."

"But it burns, Blob," said I. "Oh, how it burns."

And in a whirlwind of smoke, Bob dematerialized on the wings of a flying white buffalo to where that last light of day and the first light of morning is forever reflected through the bottom of a bottle.
Wow! You are the drunkard's Rod Serling, messing with my head again as usual. Cheers!
If it's Saturday, I'm drinking fine tequila and fine Mexican lager. Ariba!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Kentucky bourbon and nothing else.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Evan Williams

Left Hand Beer

Cheap Scotch

Leftover Wine
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Bell's Hopslam. It's funny: I love hoppy beers but have a mild hops allergy, so very hoppy beers will make me sneeze. However, my other allergies makes me stuffy, so it's an even break.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Bell's Hopslam again. Pours a hearty color I can't see from the can into my maw. Tastes of a wet dog that rolled around in freshly mown grass, yet effortlessly loveable because who's a good dog? Yes you are!
Might crack open one of those cheap bottles of red I bought on a whim and cared so little about I don't remember the name. I'd check the label but it's all the way over there. If I work up the energy I might make a martini, but I think I might call it a night after this. Today is the 4th anniversary of my grandmother's death. It wasn't a shock or anything; she'd been in hospice care and the dementia had taken her away before her body gave up. Too tough of an old broad to let a little thing like losing her mind stop her from living. So... maybe a little something to remember her by. Seems a little disrespectful, maybe, to toast a teetotaler. But she loved me anyway, so I'll remember her as best I can. At least until the dementia hits me.

Okay, that was maybe a little darker than I'd planned to be. Shots!
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

A fresh Bell's porter. Bottled on 12/11. Cheers!

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Two thirds of a dirty Gordon's gin martini because I spilled about a third of it. Damn cat snuck under my ass when I was sitting down and I plopped right onto the fatty boombacatty. Doused the couch, my ass, and part of the cat. Fuckers gonna lick himself lit. I almost suspect that wasn't an accident on his part.
Alright, one more it is.
-Charles Bukowski

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Bock. Genesee Bock.

Love tlhow the can says Spring Bock, but this shit will be gone before the equinox.

Cheers!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

More bock.
Cheers and happy Friday!