Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Hugh »

The search function implies that Bluto and I are the only assholes on this site that drink Ancient Age.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Already in to the second six pack of Hamm's and making a lot of progress on the Ancient Age as well. That's the thing about these benders - by day three your alcohol tolerance is so high there's no such thing as an amount of booze that can knock you out. It's 1 AM and I'm still pacing around, talking to myself as if it were the beginning of the night. Hell, this ain't even a "bender," I spent the mornings undrunk and working. I even showered and shampooed today. I get too much sleep and food to enjoy my booze.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:48 pm
The search function implies that Bluto and I are the only assholes on this site that drink Ancient Age.
I've never even heard of it. Same thing with Kessler. I guess I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the liquor store.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:55 am
I get too much sleep and food to enjoy my booze.

This is me a lot of the time and I despise it!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:41 am
Hugh wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:55 am
I get too much sleep and food to enjoy my booze.

This is me a lot of the time and I despise it!
That`s an instant classic quote.

Yes sometimes we buy amazon movies, but mostly try to find good stuff that is for free and fail most often
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Do you guys have Amazon Prime in Germany? In USA you pay a yearly fee and you get free shipping on most of the stuff you order, and you also get to watch some movies and television shows for free. Back when I first signed up for Amazon Prime, it was $99 per year, now it's up to $129 per year. I knew when I signed up that they would raise their price, and I told myself I would quit when it got too high. But when I go back over my orders at Amazon and try to see how much the shipping charges would have been, it is still worth it, especially when you consider all the free stuff that comes with it. They could probably double the charge and I would still keep it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:28 pm
Do you guys have Amazon Prime in Germany?
It comes in a wooden box, mostly with an uninvited cane-spider treat,
subtitles come in a seperate letter

Edit: Yes, absolutely
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Pouring the Kessler early, 3:30 in the afternoon. Neat, of course. I don't know when I want to go back to my favorite bar again. Should I wait a month? Two? Why not never? There's just too many good people there to never go back. No matter how many dumb asses, Lonely Old Men, know-it-alls, the good people there make it worth while. They're happy to see me, and I'm happy to see them. If I could just cut myself off on time and go home, everything would be fine. But it seems like lately I'm always ending up in jail or behind a Dumpster.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Move your gay ass on skype then, no prison bars nor burger king leftovers
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:44 pm
Move your gay ass on skype then, no prison bars nor burger king leftovers
speaking of which, sorry about last night, my brother called and I got roped into a conversation with him. When we were done, and I was done rambling to him, I passed out. Totally forgot to hit back.

I'm just now getting over the hangover...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

So I'm on it now, and there is a message that says "7 unread conversations." I click on the icon but nothing happens. I'm not going to try to figure it out, but I ain't being an aloof snob. Whatever you sent or said I can't find it. If it's important, post it here. I'm not going to try to figure out skype.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If I ever had something important to say I`d try to wrap it in a poem. I suck at writing poems though
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Riddeford wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:23 pm
hossthomas wrote:i almost exclusively drink alone, as there are very few people i can tolerate drinkin with.
I don't mind drinking with other people but I tend to drink at strange hours. Sometimes I start at 6 am on a weekend and no one has the same drinking pattern.
This is me always... strange drinking hours combined with living in strange time zones.

I wish I met this Riddeford dude with the Withnail avatar. I feel we are simpatico. And his interests are eggs Benedict! Eff yeah!
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective - when you merged these two threads my notification lit up. It referred me to the post on page 17 about YouTube videos. How odd...

Someone once said that if you're posting on the internet, you ain't drinking alone. He seemed annoyed at me and this thread.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Never heard of those guys
Drink!