Troll Trolley

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Troll Trolley

Post by Badfellow »

MissFit wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:41 pm
You just described over half of the regular old members here, including maybe yourself with such a detailed description.
Why are you so invested here?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

MissFit
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by MissFit »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:33 pm
MissFit wrote:
You just described over half of the regular old members here, including maybe yourself with such a detailed description.
Why not?
Been there, done that.....more than once!
Buy me a drink and see where it gets you

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

MissFit wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 am
Badfellow wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:33 pm
MissFit wrote:
Why not?
Don't deflect. Just answer the question.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

MissFit
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by MissFit »

Don't deflect. Just answer the question.
I thought I answered your question early on. Here's one for you.

Why is everyone here so damn hostile, including yourself?

Seems you're the one that jumped in my shit first and the rest of your lemmings followed right behind you.
Been there, done that.....more than once!
Buy me a drink and see where it gets you

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

It can't answer the question because it's in denial as to why it keeps coming back. Even after its test of being temporarily banned yesterday, it still came slithering back here on its knees...a position it is all too familiar with.

It comes back for the attention it endures here because it doesn't actually receive the pretend attention it claims it receives on a nightly basis from its imaginary patrons at the fake strip club it pretends to work at.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

But it's doing its job. And having fun.

Probably there are thongs besides money that drive folks to pursue insanity. I prefer booze.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Trolling in a nutshell

The Art of Trolling 101 - For Beginners

Chapter I. Modus Operandis & Signature Characteristics

I. They often times make arrogant, balls-out, introductory entrances to the board or are insufferable know-it-alls.

II. They ALWAYS talk about sex or are looking for people to have sex with - confusingly in a totally irrelevant place like a drunkard board.

III. They ALWAYS bring up or create unrelated topics to distract from relevant topics to the board. Stink bugs and Triple X threads, for example.

IV. They eventually become abrasive and confrontational, guns-a-blazing, talking shit, taking stabs at anything and everything, feebly attempting to provoke others usually by name calling or in some cases, telling people to "fuck off". (Jimmy Lester excluded).

V. They HATE being ignored and feed into all attention they receive, especially thriving on the negative attention.

VI. They ALWAYS make up fake stories because their lives are that boring, hence why they feel the need to troll strangers on the internet.

VII. They conveniently NEVER acknowledge or comment on anything directed at them that refers to them as "trolls" and can never answer simple questions such as "Why are you here?".

VIII. They HATE mods and those that challenge them, calling them sycophants, Nazi's, losers that don't have lives, power hungry, etc. because they feel threatened. Some have even filed grievances on the board.

IX. If they are fortunate to get un-banned, they ALWAYS come slithering back -whether they create a new account (and multiple accounts) or use the same old one.

X. When they do come slithering back, they ALWAYS revisit the scene of the crimes of their previous posts and threads and of course comment on them.

XI. They don't comprehend (or are in denial) that they actually are a troll and don't realize that that they do all of these things.

YOU CAN PLAY THE GAME, TROLLS...BUT YOU WILL NEVER WIN WITH US DRUNKARDS!

I am pretty sure an important historical figure said this.
Okole maluna!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Wow. That's pretty much it.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

mistah willies wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am

Wow. That's pretty much it.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with how extensive and exhaustive the list is. The lady has done her research.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Trolling in a nutshell

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:49 am
The Art of Trolling 101 - For Beginners
can never answer simple questions such as "Why are you here?".

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

But what is their motive? As much as I try to understand what they are doing, I just don't get it.

Back in 1995 when I first got on the internet, one of the first things I searched for was information on stock trading, speculating, and investing. I found a few "chat rooms." and if you were on the internet back then, you know what I"m talking about. You just signed in with a name and started chatting away. I didn't want to appear as a neophyte, so I acted like I knew what I was talking about, mimicking the words and mannerisms of a stock broker that I had worked for long ago. But that was the extent of my internet fakeness, and I didn't try to be disruptive or insulting. And BTW, it didn't matter. As I soon learned, all those guys in those chat rooms were doing the same thing, acting like they knew what the fuck they were doing. They were just as lost as me, even more so.

So why does this guy keep doing this? What does he say to himself at the end of a hard day of trolling the internet? Does he say, "Had a good day today. Called someone a tard. Made someone else think I was a gender that I am not. Yelled out a bunch of insults."

Even back then, (damb, it's been 25 fucking years!) I used my real name because even as I was putting on airs, I wanted to be as genuine as I could be. I would really like this guy to just drop the act and explain himself.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm
But what is their motive? As much as I try to understand what they are doing, I just don't get it.
I don't get it either but it's downright idiotic. I guess that's why I enjoy calling them out on the predictability and banality of their behavior to remind them they are nothing special. There are actual psychological analyses as to why these trolls do what they do and what makes them tick because it's that prevalent on the interwebs. It's pathetic, really. Go do something useful like charity work or join the military to get that sense of purpose you so desperately seek instead of crying about your feelings of inadequacy you useless wastes of space!

For years I used to go on the IMDb (Internet Movie Database) chat forums to read people's comments about movies etc. The trolls were rampant... talking trash on the actors, the movies, everything. Much like you said, I found it incomprehensible as to why they took time out of their day to visit a thread about a movie only to troll about how terrible it is, how bad the acting was, or how stupid people are for liking it. It got so out of hand that IMDb actually shut down their chat forums. How ridiculous that that even had to happen? (And that is how I ended up here in this forum BTW, haha!)

Anyway...my long-ass dissertation about trolling was merely to educate those who haven't had much experience with these assholes so they know what we are dealing with. But to sum it up, they are pathetic, bored, lonely, attention seeking trogdolytes and nothing more. They come here after being banned from Reddit (and who knows what else) to mess with us for kicks and ultimately, they will be banned...but not after we've had our fun first. BRING IT TROLLS! GAME ON!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Trolls that are religious

On an added note, the worst trolling I came across in recent times was this train wreck where a "Christian" woman on youtube was trash-talking the Superbowl halftime show with J-Lo and Shakira. (If you click on this, grab some popcorn first). This dumbass actually took the time to criticize the entire performance (in a nutshell how slutty and sexual objectifying it was, it was the work of the devil, something else cliché that "Christians" always say ) and how the red colors and flames symbolized the artists' union with the devil and the blasphemy against Jesus or blah blah blah- conveniently overlooking the fact that both teams playing wear red uniforms. I was flabbergasted at the ignorance. Perfect example of "Go do something more important with your time like charity work instead of wasting all this energy over attempting to psychoanalyze a fking SUPERBOWL halftime show!" Nobody even cares!

The good news was, the rational people who responded in the comments simply said "Then don't watch it if it's so offensive!".
Okole maluna!