The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm
Welp, Gov. Hogan just laid down the hammer. In 40 minutes all bars and restaurants in Maryland will be closed. GOD DAMNIT! SONUVABITCH!

What the ffuck, whuh...wha wwhere WHERE ARE WE?! What world are we living in?!

Jesus Fucking Christ.

This shit just keeps getting worse and worse. They're talking about kids being out of school until April? That means Jack's home too, because she's a teacher, plus the kids! I'm stuck at home because my office closed down, letting us telework.

This is about to turn into some cabin fever, Shining-shit. Better keep the bar stocked just in case ghosts start talking to me.
Their shuttin' 'em down here in NY tonight and the store was nearly picked clean. I've never in my life seen anything so goddamn retarted. Libraries are closing too. And we just got the we're gonna be fucked talk at work. Shining-esque cabin fever indeed.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Plenty of 190 Everclear on hand to share with any Drunkards in need. Not for use as hand sanitizer or there will be blood.

Rye and Coke wrote:
Welp, Gov. Hogan just laid down the hammer. In 40 minutes all bars and restaurants in Maryland will be closed. GOD DAMNIT! SONUVABITCH!
Unbelievable... I never knew Hulk Hogan was the governor of Maryland. Deleware, maybe. But Maryland?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:08 pm
Plenty of 190 Everclear on hand to share with any Drunkards in need. Not for use as hand sanitizer or there will be blood.

Rye and Coke wrote:
Unbelievable... I never knew Hulk Hogan was the governor of Maryland. Deleware, maybe. But Maryland?
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Badfellow wrote:
Plenty of 190 Everclear on hand to share with any Drunkards in need.
You know what, after drinking the 190 proof grain alcohol sample I got out of Mystic Mountain Distillery, I might just have to follow you in this pursuit and procure an ample supply.

Loving the HIGH ABV VITALITY!

Gotta be careful with timing the hangovers, though.

What are your tips and tricks for sesshing the Everclear to minimal pain? Chugging water intermittently?
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:58 pm
...the 190 proof grain alcohol sample I got out of Mystic Mountain Distillery...
This can be obtained in 55 gallon drums! Hahaha.

For all your Coronavirus panicking, drunkard needs...
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:58 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Plenty of 190 Everclear on hand to share with any Drunkards in need.
...Loving the HIGH ABV VITALITY!

Gotta be careful with timing the hangovers, though.

What are your tips and tricks for sesshing the Everclear to minimal pain? Chugging water intermittently?
Where most people make their mistake (myself included) is pouring 190 into mixed drinks with the same instinctive reflex and muscle memory as 80 proof liquor.

Drinking it straight is no picnic, but it does give you a decent respect for how much pure ethyl alcohol is going down your drinkhole. Definitely drink more water than usual.

Best advice though: avoid 190 if you can't afford to be potentially, severely hungover the next day.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Tomorrow's mission

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I have secured enough liquor to last me about 3 months, in addition to what I already had in stock. Tomorrow, my mission, should I choose to accept it, is beer and food. I can visit a number of out of the way redneck stores that may not have been raided yet. I think I can beat them all. I will.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

These are great times . Got drunk at 8am and passed out. Getting drunk again.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oldsmartskunk wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:00 am
These are great times . Got drunk at 8am and passed out. Getting drunk again.
Can't say I disagree. I'm working from home, locked in my study/utility room in my basement with my computer, all my comics, poetry, booze and -- surprise, surprise -- I've been more productive than I've been in years. I only leave my room when I need ice and food.

I need ice and food, brb.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:20 am
I went to the store yesterday to pick up a few things, checked the TP aisle out of curiosity. It was empty save one case of Angel Soft, sitting there all by itself in the middle. I opened the case and took out a 4 pack just because. As I was walking away a lady came up and grabbed the rest of the case and put it in her cart. I said "That's a lot of shitting right there." She sneered at me and ran to checkout.

Also - The proper mixture of Tennessee whisky and Pall Malls repels the Wu-Flu.

Also - my broccoli has freezer burn.
There were two people at CVS today hoarding TP, their carts were stuffed full of it. I wanted to call them out on it, but I guess I was too chicken. Your line, "That's a lot of shitting right there," was running through my mind.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Yeah really. And haven't these hoarders gotten their surplus yet? How much more toilet paper is there left to buy? I don't think the hoarding will ever stop. Why should it if the grocery stores remain open? If these people were really fearful of the virus, they would have gotten their supplies and stayed the hell home already. But they keep coming out, exposing themselves more and more, and still raping the stores, it's ridiculous and makes no sense.
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I'm beginning to think that the only time these people leave the bathroom is to go get more ass wipe.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:46 pm
I'm beginning to think that the only time these people leave the bathroom is to go get more ass wipe.
I'm honestly thinking they're making soup out of it and freezing it for later.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Tomorrow's mission

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yesterday there was a nasty rumor that the Governor was closing everything except supermarkets and convenience stores. That includes closing the liquor stores. They already closed all the bars and restaurants, along with the schools, bowling alleys and bounce houses. I actually felt a bit of panic.
Immediately after work I went to the ATM and then to the store, spent a couple hundred bucks and got about an 8 week supply of drink. If shit ain't back to normal by then I'll be digging in the back of the cabinet for the leftovers. An open bottle of stale brandy, Apple pucker, moonshine, I don't even know what else is back there. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Okole maluna!