What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

Drinking Genny right now. Plenty of whiskey at the liquor store last I checked a few days ago. If the world doesn't collapse before payday I'll be back to pick up a little more.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Strawberry margaritas.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Wyoming Whiskey.

I originally thought it was too mellow, but the more I get into it the more I'm finding. It's a very pleasant bourbon.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Graham Stephenson
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Graham Stephenson »

I bought a case of Bombay Sapphire gin this afternoon and I'm now having a Gin and Orange Juice. Not sure if OJ is the correct juice or if maybe it should be Grapefruit or something else. Snoop didn't specify.

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Double strawberry shake.
With four shots of Vodka.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Another Tipsy Sailor wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 pm
Double strawberry shake.
With four shots of Vodka.
Wow that sounds delicious and yet, spew worthy at the same time. But I'd give it a whirl no doubt. Cheers!
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:20 am
Also - The proper mixture of Tennessee whisky and Pall Malls repels the Wu-Flu.
I'm not going back to smoking but I am enjoying some Dickel at the moment. I'm halfway healthy.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Graham Stephenson wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:14 pm
I bought a case of Bombay Sapphire gin this afternoon and I'm now having a Gin and Orange Juice. Not sure if OJ is the correct juice or if maybe it should be Grapefruit or something else. Snoop didn't specify.
I always hoped it was grape Kool-Aid. Otherwise, I did it wrong.

At least its not cough medicine.
I've had gin with cedar bough tea, because that's what we Injuns do up heah in the sticks of what is currently known as "Maine"

Two hundred years a couple days ago, it was once known as Massachusetts.

Before that, we called it "Here"

But I'm drinking this Bushmills because at 80proof it tastes like nectar. Sweet, smooth and soft.

Then on to some Evan Williams 86 proof because it has that extra little bite.

mmmm

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

mistah willies wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:

I've had gin with cedar bough tea, because that's what we Injuns do up heah in the sticks of what is currently known as "Maine"

But I'm drinking this Bushmills because at 80proof it tastes like nectar. Sweet, smooth and soft.

mmmm

I would've loved to see "Here" U.S.A., something tells me it was less congested.

Went to the liquor store today and they were under restrictions. Open from noon to 7, and that's it. It's already begun. Next is closed completely.

They were out of the Old Forester Rye I've been exploring for the past two weeks, so I got some Redemption Rye to go with the spicy hint of heat in this now-Spring air.

Then i got some Bacardi Black...because Kraken is spiced rum and no one told me. (I hate spiced rum.) Maybe I'll be brave enough to try it some day. So I pussied out and got something i know, Bacardi Black. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it -- mixed drink-wise
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:48 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Graham Stephenson wrote:

mmmm

I would've loved to see "Here" U.S.A., something tells me it was less congested.

Went to the liquor store today and they were under restrictions. Open from noon to 7, and that's it. It's already begun. Next is closed completely.

They were out of the Old Forester Rye I've been exploring for the past two weeks, so I got some Redemption Rye to go with the spicy hint of heat in this now-Spring air.

Then i got some Bacardi Black...because Kraken is spiced rum and no one told me. (I hate spiced rum.) Maybe I'll be brave enough to try it some day. So I pussied out and got something i know, Bacardi Black. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it -- mixed drink-wise
I tried the Bacardi Black a while back. To me, it had an odd plastic taste. Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't a fan. Let us know what you think.
DRINK!

Another Tipsy Sailor
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Another Tipsy Sailor »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Wow that sounds delicious and yet, spew worthy at the same time. But I'd give it a whirl no doubt. Cheers!
It was pretty good. For reasons that a sailor such as myself cannot comprehend I've ended up with a lot of vodka to get rid of. Oh well. Any port in a storm.

Tonight it's been vodkatini's with Svedka and ... whatever that vermouth I like is. Couple few more of these and I'm ready for the weekend.
Which is gonna be a shit-show.
Cheers, ya lubbers.
"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way."
-Charles Bukowski

I was probably drunk when I said that, but I meant it.

The second best thing about a shot of Malört is the face the bartender makes when you order it.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

drinking rum to try and conserve my bourbon stocks. and ice cold becks beer that's been chilling in the freezer for an hour.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

It just dawned on me - I can start drinking early today without worrying about getting drunk and heading out to a bar to make an ass out of myself. All the bars are closed!

Pouring the first glass of Vella Delicious Red at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 pm
drinking rum to try and conserve my bourbon stocks. and ice cold becks beer that's been chilling in the freezer for an hour.
Since you're in Manchester, I'm assuming you're a Man United fan. How are the football hooligans reacting to the shutdown? If Man United fans don't have a stadium to brawl in, they must be taking the fight to the streets, but there's nothing out there, either.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

fuck man united. hah. nah I'm a Sunderland fan....well they could still fight in the pub till midnight tonight when the pubs and bars have to close indefinitely...
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis