The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: The panic has begun ladies and gentleman, time to stock up!

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:22 am
Some dick in a Range Rover very nearly mowed down an older woman and a teenage girl in the crosswalk at the grocery store this morning, not to mention me and three other pedestrians.

Something snapped. I chased the fucker down on foot about 200-300 feet to where he was stuck in parking lot traffic laying on the horn.

"What the fuck? You almost hit someone!"

He didn't roll down the window or even look at me. Just gives me the finger.

My first thought was to grab a landscaping brick from the display in front of Home Depot. Too messy. Too conspicuous. And I'd rather be at home drinking and smoking than in jail. 'Twas a cooler head that prevailed and the more precise application of a pocket folder through the sidewall of his rear tire. Sssssssssssssshithead.
This is the sort of shit that makes me homicidal and it's why I dread going out under these conditions. I would have shot the fucker.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

In Minneapolis, the liquor stores are stepping up and mobilizing to make home deliveries. None shall go without!

Also, as a positive side effect, there's emergency legislation in the works that will allow bars and restaurants to sell carry-out cocktails in bottles and growlers (a gallon of Long Island Iced Tea, please).

Likewise, local distilleries are scrambling to make hand sanitizer as well as home cocktail kits with booze and mixers included.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:14 pm
In Minneapolis, the liquor stores are stepping up and mobilizing to make home deliveries. None shall go without!

Also, as a positive side effect, there's emergency legislation in the works that will allow bars and restaurants to sell carry-out cocktails in bottles and growlers (a gallon of Long Island Iced Tea, please).

Likewise, local distilleries are scrambling to make hand sanitizer as well as home cocktail kits with booze and mixers included.
They need to let bars everywhere do that - deliver booze. Even if it means suspending laws/ordinances for a while.

Usually on Fridays there are a line of beer trucks up and down the middle of my street making deliveries. The sound of diesel engines and liftgates rumble my apartment. Not now. Ain't shit out there.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:32 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:14 pm

They need to let bars everywhere do that - deliver booze. Even if it means suspending laws/ordinances for a while.

Usually on Fridays there are a line of beer trucks up and down the middle of my street making deliveries. The sound of diesel engines and liftgates rumble my apartment. Not now. Ain't shit out there.

why can't bars just do it?? is there laws against selling off licence?? I think most UK bars seem to have on and off licences so can sell onsite and also for home consumption... From what I've seen anyway..could be wrong.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

In most of the USA there are fairly strict laws and licensing governing on/off sale of alcohol. It does vary from state to state, but as it currently stands a bar here might face hefty fines or even lose their license for allowing any alcohol off the property.

There's a few enlightened exceptions to this, notably places like Las Vegas and New Orleans.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

One of my bartender friends once told me that you can't even take a bottle of water out of a bar. (As I was leaving with my bottle of water.)

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Malibu Laurie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 am
Yesterday I went to the store. Shelves were empty. That was something else, man. We used to only see this shit on the news. I can’t believe I was actually like, there there. No meat, no eggs. Or onions and potatoes. Or produce for that matter. Welp, ya can pretty much hang up getting anything at all so no need to go out anyway. I got mah booze and wine stocked so I am set.
It was insane. I've never in my 35 years went to the grocery store no eggs, milk, butter etc.

It's a little better here but not by much.

Graham Stephenson
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Graham Stephenson »

We have been ordered to "shelter in place" but most people are ignoring the mandate.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:55 pm
In most of the USA there are fairly strict laws and licensing governing on/off sale of alcohol. It does vary from state to state, but as it currently stands a bar here might face hefty fines or even lose their license for allowing any alcohol off the property.

There's a few enlightened exceptions to this, notably places like Las Vegas and New Orleans.
oh Christ... a lot of the bars here are doing take outs and make at home cocktail kits and shit. they only got told to close today but a few had already started this
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:55 pm

oh Christ... a lot of the bars here are doing take outs and make at home cocktail kits and shit. they only got told to close today but a few had already started this

My local bar allows carry-out, but I assumed it was just for food. (They actually have a great chicken and cheese sub that I love.) I never thought to inquire whether it included some type of take out cocktail kit. I'll check it out in case I get a powerful hankering for something complicated like a Long Island Iced Tea or something, lol.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I'll take an overproofed whiskey kit at the drive-thru.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

People are getting shit ass crazy out there. I just ordered a 55 oz tub of pretzel nubs from Amazon. Can't get the peanut butter filled ones I like anymore. The cost was reasonable but I have to wait two weeks for them to get here.

TWO FUCKING WEEKS FOR PRETZELS!!!!!

It's fucking fried dough and salt!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Tomorrow's mission

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Immediately after work I went to the ATM and then to the store, spent a couple hundred bucks and got about an 8 week supply of drink.
Impossible around here, our ATMs have a 1000 bucks per day limit
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There`s still people walking on the hiking trail across our house. I`m contemplating cannibalism. And searching their pockets for wipingtools
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

It’s official, I am now infected with Guinnessvirus. I'm treating it with regular doses of Rum. This is all under the supervision of my personal physician, Dr. Scholls.
DRINK!