The Drunken Skype Thread

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: The Drunken Skype Thread

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:56 am
Are you guys Skyping every day now? I imagine everyone here is under some type of lockdown, stay at home, or quarantine order. I'm on vacation from work this week. Management offered to allow me to change my vacation date to some time after the lockdown is lifted, but I declined. This is actually the best time for me to be on vacation. I can't be tempted by the bars if all the bars are closed.
Yup.

You know how to get in touch with us. We're here and always ready for your welcome weirdness. The Shelter in Place Pub is open and ready for business.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

There are messages showing up in Chrome that appear to be from Skype. Someone said their camera is not working. Just now a message from a Lisa Jones that looked like it may have been in German.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bah! So now it's making funky noises. I think it must have something to do with the time someone removed me from the call. Maybe it meant I was banned? How the hell can someone be banned from Skype? Maybe I better shut it down.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Ah! So I think I figured it out. My Skype is allowing me to eavesdrop on private conversations. Or maybe - somebody out there is having conversations that are not video and they think that they are private. You guys might want to take it to email.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Who is Adam Pittman on skype? he is wearing a green jacket and not saying anything but has long hair and seems cool

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I spent 6hrs. on a Skype call and it was awesome. FKR showed up and at one point there were 14 on the call. It was a real insane asylum! Loved every minute, had a bunch of laughs and drank a lot of booze. Hope to do it again soon.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I noticed there was an ongoing call. I can't ever tell who is on the call so I don't join. And I don't even know who half these people are. Are they even from the board??
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 pm
I noticed there was an ongoing call. I can't ever tell who is on the call so I don't join. And I don't even know who half these people are. Are they even from the board??
EXACTLY! Someone there, it was Dear Booze I think, that said those people are not on Modern Drunkard. I know DB is from here, but I don't know who. But he seems to know what is going on. Maybe he should invite them to join this board. I don't like skype very much.
Last edited by Artful Drunktective on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name change

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

All of the people who Hugh met/saw/heard/talked to last night were from the magazine and the little videos. Frank, Luke Schmaltz, Adam Pittman, Bryan, Sam, and several others. Lush was on the ENTIRE time and was very entertaining. Badfellow and Rye & Coke were on and off a few times but it became hard to hear them over the crowd. Oett was there early on but probably can't remember. He was blabbering incoherently and, when anyone else was talking, would say "SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
DRINK!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I saw the message from Dear Booze but I was not really in drinking mode yet. I mean 14 people on Skype? That's too many. My Brother and Sisters talked me into downloading the Zoom app on my phone Friday night so we could all talk and that was confusing enough.
Last edited by Artful Drunktective on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name change

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yeah I was wondering if they had ties to the magazine and not just random strangers rolling in. Sounds fun. I do agree with Sammy though that things can get convoluted when there are too many on a call. Especially if oett is one of them haha. We talked about maybe having another call running simultaneously if it gets to be too many on one call. Maybe people can switch back and forth if they want so they don't get drowned out. If there is more than one call running, Iet's separate the Germans bwahahahaa.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:48 am
We talked about maybe having another call running simultaneously if it gets to be too many on one call. Maybe people can switch back and forth if they want so they don't get drowned out.
Very good idea.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:37 am
Lush was on the ENTIRE time and was very entertaining.
Lush was totally different than I imagined him from his board posts. What a character that guy is.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Shelter in Place Pub.. GTF in there
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 pm
The 'Shelter in Place Club' is strictly Skype now and many are not MD fans. There is one I found today that is Modern Drunkard for board members only.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.