Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

How healthy
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I'm completing another day in confinement because I live in a blue state under a blue mayor and all they want is control over your life. I've devoted the whole day to getting as fucked up as I can handle and not puke my guts up and spoil the party. It's been a total success so far and I've totally gotten rid of the anger over the theft of my civil liberties. The goal is to keep all this anger medicated some how. If they try to ratchet things down there may be riots and a lot of damage done.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:40 am
I'm completing another day in confinement because I live in a blue state under a blue mayor and all they want is control over your life. I've devoted the whole day to getting as fucked up as I can handle and not puke my guts up and spoil the party. It's been a total success so far and I've totally gotten rid of the anger over the theft of my civil liberties. The goal is to keep all this anger medicated some how. If they try to ratchet things down there may be riots and a lot of damage done.
blahblah blah blah I`m old blahbah blah

Actually I agree with Lush, we are all getting fucked in the behind and clap for more
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Picked up my panic bought case of Beam today. Was not told it was a case of gift packs. So what I actually received was two large boxes with twelve bottles of sweet relief and twenty four rocks glasses between them.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 pm
Picked up my panic bought case of Beam today. Was not told it was a case of gift packs. So what I actually received was two large boxes with twelve bottles of sweet relief and twenty four rocks glasses between them.
Well happy birthday then
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Our vodka stock can feed a family of five. We`re fine until the minors start drinking
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
I drink enough vodka in one sitting to keep a Russian family of five shitfaced for the entire month. And I have the hots for Angela Merkel.
Fixed that right up for ya, mein herr.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Garth! That was a haiku.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Got rejected by one of the higher-brow poetry places that had accepted one of my poems in the past. It kind of stung because I'm sure that the editor had been creeping my Facebook page - he was showing up on that list of "people you may know" on my Facebook page even though he and I have no friends in common. I believe the Facebook algorithms work like that. My landlord showed up once in that list, too. He must have spent enough time creeping my page to trip the algo.

Then just a few minutes ago I got an acceptance from another pretty good place. They reject most of what I send them and I literally whooped when I got the notice. It's been a bad year for me poetry wise, most of what I'm sending out is getting kicked back. So this really lifted me.

All right. Back to my Champagne of Beers.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Fuck - I just reread the poem that got accepted. It's shit. LOL. How do I keep doing this? I go over them a million times to make sure they are good, and then when they get accepted I want to shoot myself in the head out of shame and embarrassment.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

It was finally warm enough to air out the house today. Damn is it nice.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Cleaned out from under the refrigerator. A few months back one of my plastic water jugs sprang a leak. I just mopped up the mess inside the fridge, but then a few days ago I noticed crud creeping out from under the fridge on the floor. It was a fucking mess down there.

Got a little more housecleaning done too, including taking my rugs to the laundrymat.

Now it's time to pour the wine.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Day two of re-working a messy person`s old flat. Looks good so far (it was empty atleast), but the smell... the vodka helps with getting my smell buds back into shape
Drink!

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

Did you loot their old half empty booze bottles?
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Had the honor and privilege of taking one of the cats to the vet this morning. Next comes days of waiting for test results. So many awesome outcomes: uti, kidney infection, diabetes, thyroid. Thankfully the country is more or less shut down so I didn't just blow my refund check on a new guitar.

On the less shitty side: it's Friday, the cats are both still alive and my first drink is less than two hours away.