Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Crap! Drunk again.

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 am
scream ale wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 am

I know it's bullshit. Crap is a perfectly fine and under used word.
You two should apologize for your use of foul language. Go wash your mouths out with soap.
My dad actually did wash my mouth out with soap once. It wasn't very pleasant. Nor did it have much of a fucking positive impact on my goddamn choice of words.
But you had crap in your mouth?
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

All I can say is: If you loot a liquor store your hand should be shopped off

And your children have to drink alcohol free beer in school for 3 weeks
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm
Horsey sauce is where it's at, man.
Agreed. I need to update my list of awesome sauces in the "Shit We Love" thread because this one belongs at the top of the list and I totally forgot about it.
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Are y'all talking about horseradish, because ew
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The helicopter has been buzzing for hours, but it was off in the distance. Now it sounds closer. Protests have been breaking out in La Mesa, which is just outside San Diego. A friend of mine attended, or drove by in her car to honk and wave her support for them. She said a cop car stayed on her tail the whole time, but did not pull her over.

San Diego has always avoided these violent riots in the past, but of course that can't last forever. I live on the same block with pharmacies and liquor stores, we will definitely get hit hard if we do get hit. No matter how much I think about it, I can not come up with any plan of what to do. Can I make it to my car and drive away? What do I take with me? I don't own a gun, and I don't think it would do much good if I did. Even if I shot a looter who was attacking me, I would undoubtedly be held legally liable for his death in the rush to prosecute people in the aftermath.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Fuck! The news media is covering a riot breaking out in San Diego with a helicopter - but there's no audio and I can't tell where it is. https://www.facebook.com/ABC10News/vide ... 3956152309

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Welp, the helicopter isn't "nearby" now - it's right over my apartment. I'm going to have to go out and see what's going on. If I have to run I guess I'll take my laptops, they are the most valuable things I have. There are tax documents in here, if they get them I guess I can put some kind of freeze on my ID - Okay - going out now.

The helicopter I just heard was an air ambulance, it was going to the hospital nearby. Everything in my neighborhood still looks peaceful. But out in La Mesa they are throwing rocks at the cop cars.

The rioters in La Mesa just attacked an American Legion post and burned the flag.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Out in La Mesa they set a fire truck on fire and tried to set city hall on fire. The PD headquarters is getting graffitied and will certainly be burned soon. One of our news stations has a reporter live on the ground right near the fires. She seems to imply that the fires are being put out by protesters.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The live video I'm watching right now shows cops in riot gear in front of a grocery store in La Mesa that was just looted tonight. They seem to be standing around bored. Most of them have clubs, one guy is holding a red-colored rifle that I guess shoots rubber bullets. Helicopters still buzzing overhead.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

11:19 PM and for the first time tonight I'm not hearing helicopters. I'm jumping at every other noise I hear - my neighbor's TV, my neighbor's AC unit, bums screaming in the alley. But those are all normal sounds of the neighborhood.

I'm going to pop a couple of allergy pills and try to sleep. Between the booze, pills, and the fear, I'm a fucking wreck.

There's doesn't seem to be any way to handle anarchy and looting other than Sammy's suggestion that I get a gun. Because even if I try to run from it all, where do I run to?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I haven`t heard of looters entering homes. I would assume you`ll be safe with enough booze stocked up at home.
But yeah I don`t envy you guys living the american nightmare in any shape or form.
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ No crap in my mouth. But a lot of bullshit comes out of it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

When I`m drunk my mouth turns into a constant fountain/source/well of dumb BS.
I`m getting drunk now i.e. stay away from the keyboard, fight the urge to post
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Glorious day, Drunkards!

Well, one of my favorite bars is resuming business today (The Mill Northeast), albeit outdoor service only. Patio seating and they've converted part of their parking lot to accomodate tables and chairs.

At 3:00 PM today they're throwing a proper Bacchanalian BBQ in the parking lot with free hotdogs and brats, as much an event of customer appreciation as it is a celebration to say "hey, we're glad our place wasn't burned down."

I'm packing a cigarette case full of fat joints and $100 earmarked for buying rounds. Oh, how sweet those drinks shall taste after all darkness and turmoil of the past few months.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I worked a little more than usual today. It consisted of carrying 28 packs of floor and wall tiles plus four huge bags of tile-glue up to the second floor of a house. The combined weight was over 1200 pounds.

A cold drink rarely has tasted this good
Drink!