The Drunken Skype Thread

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: The Drunken Skype Thread

Post by Lush City »

I'm here to report there were a number of hard core drunks on Skype today. There should be laws enforced on the information highway. These people were all out of control!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Does your Skype look different? Mine does. When I click on the Skype icon, a window whooshes onto the screen and it's smaller than the screen I used to get. Then when I shut it down, it whooshes away. It must have updated some time in the last week. When I put it on full screen, it looks like it used to, I can still see everybody's names. I haven't used it yet, I'll try to call you guys later today when I pour the wine. I wonder if it will work differently.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:47 pm
Does your Skype look different? Mine does. When I click on the Skype icon, a window whooshes onto the screen and it's smaller than the screen I used to get. Then when I shut it down, it whooshes away. It must have updated some time in the last week. When I put it on full screen, it looks like it used to, I can still see everybody's names. I haven't used it yet, I'll try to call you guys later today when I pour the wine. I wonder if it will work differently.
I fucking loathe updates on anything "design and function" related
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

call is running. follow this link: https://join.skype.com/cUEQYBsVavem
DRINK!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Lat night I told someone here that I saw a movie where Hemingway said that Fitzgerald had no talent. Actually, Hemingway was referring to Thomas Wolfe and the movie was Genius (a movie about the editor Maxwell Perkins).

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:59 pm
call is running. follow this link: https://join.skype.com/cUEQYBsVavem
It was a total success with 7 drunks on board for over an hour getting sloshed and talking big time shit. It was phenomenal! Who is this Jimmy Lester asshole anyway? Does anyone know?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Who is this Jimmy Lester asshole anyway? Does anyone know?
The board whore aka the carrier of the board tripper
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

What is going on here. Artful Drunkdective has a yellow dot next to her name all the time and badfellow has a green dot next to his name all the time. Does this mean you are trying to reach someone?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 am
What is going on here. Artful Drunkdective has a yellow dot next to her name all the time and badfellow has a green dot next to his name all the time. Does this mean you are trying to reach someone?
No, you will get a notification if there's a call running. Otherwise if someone is trying to call you direct, you will get a ring tone.

Yellow dot means "away". I usually have this status because I might not be sitting at my computer always but at least I can get the Skype notification if a call is started.

Green dot means currently "active" on Skype although BF musta accidentally left it that way because he was definitely not around this weekend.

If you hover your mouse over the dots, it will tell you how long ago members were "active".

The others that have no dots is because they are offline.
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

AD - Why did you leave Skype?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Willies! I get your messages on skype, but I don't know how to respond with a message. I'm pretty sure I once saw something about recording a video, but now I can't find it. But, anyway, your messages are making it to me.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:45 pm
Lush City wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I'll be around tomorrow and hope I hear some sense from you people.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:16 am
oettinger wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:45 pm
Lush City wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I'll be around tomorrow and hope I hear some sense from you people.
I`m drunnk already but yes, I promise
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

So, where was everybody today? I checked in around 2:30pm PDT and hung out for about an hour. Nothing from you folks! I guess bars are opening in your areas. There is some weird ass bullshit in California. If you are a restaurant/bar and have outdoor space accessible like patios and parking lots you can conduct business as usual including booze but people have to wear a mask coming in and leaving but you of course can take them off while you are drinking!??? WTF? I'm living in a bad 'The Simpsons' episode. I'm not kidding!

The Belcher
Tippler
Tippler

Post by The Belcher »

Same deal in Colorado. Quaint dining and lounging spaces sandwiched between bum-busy sidewalks and traffic-heavy streets. It's a good set of dynamics for selling booze. Trying to relax in those circumstances makes folks want to drink heavy and hard. Pass the lobotomy sauce!