Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Sunday

Post by oettinger »

Good afternoon sunday souls,

I must have gotten a summer flu last night. I passed out like normal and woke up with the sorest throat ever.

Drinking and smoking helps though

So, drink yourself healthy sunday-fucks

Prosit
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hey there sunday intakers,

tomorrow is our cats 1st birthday. We got him some special leberwurst jelly.
I wonder if I´d like it on toast too?

Well that and my monstrosity of a vodka lunch I have right now.

Cheers
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Now you're going to fight the cat for his birthday jelly?
That's fucked up.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:59 am

Cheers
I have to go shopping for food today and I can barely get myself to leave the house.

Yesterday was a goddamn worldwind that involved a lot of binging, of two kinds: drinking & television. I watched the Watchmen HBO series and was reminded how much I loved the graphic novel. There was a lot of skyping. I'm sorry, but I don't remember much of it, except a final, late-night convo with FKR. I barely remember that.

I told myself I was going to take it easy today and recoup, but I'm already a vodka cranberry and Manhattan in.

Maybe I should just say fuck it and ride on this wave until all of my bottles run dry.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:36 pm
oettinger wrote:

Cheers
I have to go shopping for food today and I can barely get myself to leave the house.

Yesterday was a goddamn worldwind that involved a lot of binging, of two kinds: drinking & television. I watched the Watchmen HBO series and was reminded how much I loved the graphic novel. There was a lot of skyping. I'm sorry, but I don't remember much of it, except a final, late-night convo with FKR. I barely remember that.

I told myself I was going to take it easy today and recoup, but I'm already a vodka cranberry and Manhattan in.

Maybe I should just say fuck it and ride on this wave until all of my bottles run dry.
Some people bought the house two doors up from me and it turns out they are the first black people in my entire neighborhood. Pretty ballsy on their part but if they turn out to be as cool as you, then I will rejoice.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Sammy wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:48 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
oettinger wrote:

Cheers

Some people bought the house two doors up from me and it turns out they are the first black people in my entire neighborhood. Pretty ballsy on their part but if they turn out to be as cool as you, then I will rejoice.
Oh shit, nice! Go on and check them out, one of them could turn out to be the Griff to your Al Bundy.

Or they could be assholes, lol...

you never know
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I love Griff
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Married...with Children is timeless. That's why it's forever stuck in that awesome era that is the late 80's/early 90's.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 pm
Sammy wrote:
Rye and Coke wrote:

Oh shit, nice! Go on and check them out, one of them could turn out to be the Griff to your Al Bundy.

Or they could be assholes, lol...

you never know
They have a yappy little white poodle. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Sammy wrote:

Yeah it's pretty sad that Americans don't have the freedom to move where they want without being preemptively prejudiced against. Who gives a fuck as long as everyone behaves and is civil and respectful to one another.
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:13 am
Sammy wrote:

Yeah it's pretty sad that Americans don't have the freedom to move where they want without being preemptively prejudiced against. Who gives a fuck as long as everyone behaves and is civil and respectful to one another.
That's the way I figure it. Houses aren't cheap around here, so if they can afford the price of admission, and don't cause any trouble, then who cares. But this IS Texas and there are a lot of MAGA hat wearing assholes with Trump signs in their front yards, so I imagine not everyone will be as welcoming as I am.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good evening sunday drunks.

Another weekend over already really? Is this back to the future or something?

In other news, it took a whole day of drinking to get rid of this hangover. Do you guys drink coffee when hung over?
I do, but sometimes it exaggerates the shakes I already have to deal with.

Prosit
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:27 pm
Good evening sunday drunks.

Another weekend over already really? Is this back to the future or something?

In other news, it took a whole day of drinking to get rid of this hangover. Do you guys drink coffee when hung over?
I do, but sometimes it exaggerates the shakes I already have to deal with.

Prosit

I drink coffee but it doesn't really help the hangover long term, it just allows me the ability to power through the first hour or two. After that, I crash, and if I don't start drinking again soon the hangover comes back twice as hard. I fix this by continuously drinking.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Coffee doesn't have much of an impact on my hangover. Just makes me jumpy although I like the taste. Gatorade usually helps my hangover. I like the blue one.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:36 pm
Coffee doesn't have much of an impact on my hangover. Just makes me jumpy although I like the taste. Gatorade usually helps my hangover. I like the blue one.
The blue is the best
Drink!