Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: How are you all fixed for Halloween?

Post by Savage »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am
Savage wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:34 pm
The Addams family never killed anyone. That would be so impolite. I just finished watching an old Addams tv show, and it made me long for the good old days. Gomez and Morticia, the perfect parents. When I was a little girl, I wanted a mommy and daddy just like them. They never yelled or hit. They were so much in love. And their house! Oh! I miss my old library, with its Addams look. Grumpy has not gotten around to putting up new shelves, so my books still sit sadly in their stinky U-Haul boxes.
You were the blonde au-pair? Or was it the monsters?
Oh, no. That crazy beech caused her own demise. And really, pastels?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Halloween

Post by Savage »

So sad. We knew we lived in a new neighborhood, but seriously? Only fifty or so TOTS? Grumpy lived out his lifelong dream this year, with full-size candy bars. All the kids were startled, amazed, and happy. The weird thing is, our next door neighbors decorated their yard, and even had one of those projector thingies that shows ghosts and such on the front of your house, but on Halloween itself, though they left the projector running, they were not there to hand out treats. We were used to a crowd of maybe a thousand (no, I'm not kidding) so to have less than a hundred trick or treaters was strange indeed, and kind of sad.
like tears in rain

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Halloween

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

Savage wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:14 am
So sad. We knew we lived in a new neighborhood, but seriously? Only fifty or so TOTS? Grumpy lived out his lifelong dream this year, with full-size candy bars. All the kids were startled, amazed, and happy. The weird thing is, our next door neighbors decorated their yard, and even had one of those projector thingies that shows ghosts and such on the front of your house, but on Halloween itself, though they left the projector running, they were not there to hand out treats. We were used to a crowd of maybe a thousand (no, I'm not kidding) so to have less than a hundred trick or treaters was strange indeed, and kind of sad.
Well that's ridiculous. God damn it aint no feed the children drive, the hell man
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I missed our TOTS this year. Seriously, in the years gone by, there were so many. Some of them were driven in. They'd trip over each other. Like a crowd scene in a movie. I'd be telling kids "No, honey, you can't come inside the skull fence--it's not safe." Adults would ask if they could take pictures. Well, of course! There were times when all Grumpy said was "Here you go, here you go, here you go" it was like a dam break of children (and shameless big teens and adults) all over us. People brought their dogs (I always had a few doggie biscuits) We sometimes ran out by seven-thirty, and Grumpy would make a quick candy run. And our neighbor would donate a few sacks to hold us over. People took pictures of our display. Kids whose families had moved away came by--our former next door neighbor brought her daughter. We tried to take pics of our yard, but they always looked sad and boring. In real life, it looked pretty good, for a house under a street light. The damn fog machine never worked for sheeyat though. This year, we got one that said to add ice, but it wasn't much better.

This year was sad. But not too sad, since the kids that came got the big good candy bars,and they were happy, and maybe, word will get around?
like tears in rain

ThirstyBirdy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by ThirstyBirdy »

That fat little bastard stole all my candy again this year I'm sure. When i went for my beer run, the bowl was empty. Think that damn kid woukd grow the hell up
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Happy Halloween Drunkards! Post it all here:

Post by Rye and Coke »

I don't think we're getting any trick-or-treaters, but I have a halloween mask so I guess it's scare-the-fuck-outta-some-children night

My daughter is out at a social-distanced party

My son's waiting to watch some scary anime

and Jack-n-Coke is trying to watch a thriller or two...

I'm just trying to get drunk
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:35 pm
In the words of Master Yoda, there is no try. Only do, or don't do.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Nausea wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:41 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:35 pm
In the words of Master Yoda, there is no try. Only do, or don't do.
Holy shit, are you working on Halloween?

It must be insane right now
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I was never wild about annoying kids ringing my doorbell all night, but tonight not one. china actually killed Halloween here.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Halloween parties and trick or treating in the neighborhoods are now prohibited and you will go to jail if you are caught doing these things all because of the deadly covid. So have a good time, I dare you.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I had this on VHS: Image
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:58 pm
Holy shit, are you working on Halloween?

It must be insane right now
I didn't have to work yesterday, praise be to Allah.

Our store is so small it was probably a COVID party.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

May Samhain bless you and protect you from the evil souls that roam on it!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Waited for years for a Saturday Halloween. Fek 2020, Covid, and the demonic Jackass-o-Lantern. After a tonload of happy juice, I remembered realized that in 2022, Grumpy will be retired (if not sooner), and whatever job he finds to fill his time after, he will just call in dead, or something.
like tears in rain