What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea »

Talisker 10.

Work nuked me today. Finally, some sweet release.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My frozen vodka is even colder than the weather, chills me up
Drink!

SpitefulTriful
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SpitefulTriful »

Kronenbourg 1664. Local shop have been selling 4 pint cans for £4.50 for the last few months. Not too bad.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

My usual black label EW.
Cheers!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Just tore open my first can of PBR. I haven't had a drink since Sunday night and this first drink is going to be oh so good!

Some months back I swore off writing poetry to direct my efforts toward fiction. However, I stumbled into this poetry critic, William Logan, and now I've got a hankering to write poetry like never before. There's never been a critic like Logan (as far as I know), he's known as the most hated man in poetry. He doesn't subscribe to what you see in most poetry criticism, that every poet is a genius, or a voice of a generation, if he thinks a poet sucks, he says so in most brutal fashion. He completely barbecues Billy Collins every time Collins comes out with a new book. Another poet, Franz Wright, threatened to beat Logan up after a stinging review. I read that particular review and have to say Don Rickles (the famous insult comic) would have been delighted. But most importantly, Logan has cleared up for me what many people give up reading poetry for - that it's too difficult, too opaque. These modernist poets make readers think about what's on the page, and I have to ask, what's so wrong with that?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:43 pm
Another poet, Franz Wright, threatened to beat Logan up after a stinging review.
Sounds like my german teacher, if you didn`t agree with her weird point about poetry you got an F.

Only vodka helps coping with that trauma
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:41 pm
Kronenbourg 1664. Local shop have been selling 4 pint cans for £4.50 for the last few months. Not too bad.
that a londis?? i was drinking the same deal last night on my way home from work. the old 1664 aint too bad when its ice cold. the bottles are shit though..275ml...gotta take out 2-3 at a time to make it worth walking to the fridge.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:20 am
SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:41 pm
that a londis?? i was drinking the same deal last night on my way home from work. the old 1664 aint too bad when its ice cold. the bottles are shit though..275ml...gotta take out 2-3 at a time to make it worth walking to the fridge.
Haha, beer in shot-bottles
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

stella artois unfiltered....it's fucking bangin. reminds me of old school stella. loving it.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

PBR and Jamisons, I paid off yesterday, and I am staying at a motel in Alameda, before returning home, so many bars, so little time

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:20 pm
PBR and Jamisons, I paid off yesterday, and I am staying at a motel in Alameda, before returning home, so many bars, so little time
Quick then soldier, I just had a Jameson too. I know, Irish is candy for scotsh drinkers blablabla...

Myself? This vodka surely doesn`t get emptied by being looked at
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:20 pm
Sounds like a good combo, right there. I love beer/whiskey. Last night I had PBR and Gran Legacy whiskey and ended up drinking 8 cans and almost a half handle.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Vella Delicious Red, but will probably switch up to Franzia Chillable Red later if it runs out.

A bum was ahead of me in line at CVS today, counting out his change on the counter to buy a bottle of Gran Legacy vodka, the cheapest booze in the place. I knew what was about to happen, and sure enough he said to the clerk, "Looks like I'm a nickel short." However, the clerk just said, "I got ya," and snapped off the theft deterrent device and rang him up. Usually when that happens the clerk gets all snarly and throws them out. Good on her, I hope the Karma gods deposited some coins in her own account.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Springbank 18.

I spent a pretty penny on this one. After seeing it on the shelf and thinking about it obsessively, I had to have it, as it's from one of my top 3 distilleries at the moment.

It's super nice. But worth the price? No, I'd rather buy several of the 10-year-old, when considering overall value.

Still, it was worth the shot, and will be remembered henceforth.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Getting the juices flowing with white russians for brunch, then diving straight into vodka lemons for the rest of the weekend
Drink!