Drinking Music

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

I have recently heard a rather nice little song by Transplants called "Tall cans in the air". If this isn't a song to sing a long to when pissed, i don't know what is :twisted:

Post by Guest »

What else?

openbar
Tippler
Tippler

Post by openbar »

sorry, that was me, new to this setup...gotta log in first, I get it.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Is that from your personal collection? If so, Kudos old boy!

openbar
Tippler
Tippler

Post by openbar »

I just grabbed that pic from the web, don't have the 12" although I do have 2 of the EPs. And another Jackie Gleason record. It's cool stuff, lush(no pun intended) orchestra, Bobby Hackett on trumpet. Real mood music.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh yeah. Jackie Gleason's music for lovers. Got to be the one and only fer getting smashed all alone (Wahhhhhhh)

Good old JG. I sure wish I could have met him in person.
like tears in rain

dcrocker
Tippler
Tippler

music

Post by dcrocker »

Of course Tom Waits. You guys and gals have mentioned a lot of good music though, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn. I also like good old country music when I'm drinking, not the new fangled fancy smancy country, but the stuff from the greats, Willie Nelson, Cash, Waylon Jennings, and of course, Hank Williams Sr. A lot of great drinkin' songs. Hey, how can I get an avatar? I'm an English Prof,not too good with computers, so the simpler you can explain it, the better :wink:

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Transplant's song is good for the booze.
Willie Nelson/Johnny Cash
Celtic/Nova Scotia fiddle type music
more along the punk lines...
Broadways: anything off broken star -- good for drinking alone
Alkaline Trio
Dillinger Four: "Double Jack and Coke No Ice"
Less Than Jake: "Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You HAve Problems"
Jawbreaker: "Kiss The Bottle"
Fifteen: "My friend 2" -- if you are depressed, it just makes it worse
Descendents: "Catalina"
Buzzcocks: "ever fallen in love?" -- best for getting tanked after getting dumped, hard.
Black Flag: "Wasted"

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Jordan

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Arthur says: some of us drink because we're not poets

Jackie Gleason is my #1 musicman. Right now, I'm listening to "Alone Together", from his Music For Lovers Only album. I loved it when I was a mere sprat, listening to my Daddy's copy. I was quite pleased when I found a mint condition 33 rpm 10 inch in a local thrift shop. When I finally went on line, and found that it was available on CD, I was somewhat more than pleased. mmmmemmmummmummmemmm, mmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe someday I can manage to impress on my one and only the glory that is Gleason. (I put the record on, but he fell asleep. Oh well, all the more Jack for me. Sob!!!)
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ah damm! (she immediately posts.) Nothing more pathetic than a maudlin drinking female...

Okay, I'll try to cheer up, and remember some good jokes. Ahh shit, I always tell them wrong--you know--stop near the end and say: wait a minute, did I forget to tell you that the tall guy had a parrot in his pocket?

My hands are a bit shaky. Would one of you sweeties pour me a drink?
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Of course, darling. It's just that I'm working with only one hand pro tem. But I'm sure that between us we can figure something out.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Too Drunk To Know
Tippler
Tippler

Gad damn.

Post by Too Drunk To Know »

Aggg. This should be my forte. I love music, but I'm currently a little beyond that right now. Definite response will follow though. As of now I must point out, however, that I think the best music to listen to at a party is what one enjoys the most, or at least that with the stipulation that it's upbeat. I can go for a Paul Van Dyk mix (a la Politics of Dancing) or Jamiroquai to that end. Beyond that, in the rat pack vein, to listen to when burdened, definitely Frankie's One For My Baby (which, like most of Sinatra's catalogue, has been omitted from the discussion - everyone thinks he's overplayed/exposed and because of this he gets NO exposure), hmm what else can I come up with now in this state? Not a country fan, so I won't pretend to go down that line. In jazz when I'm looking for hapiness I go for old school Maynard Ferguson, if in a sadness I look at Miles on the Kind Of Blue album. Anyway, more to follow when the rum has not ended my discussion prematurely.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Jordan wrote:Jawbreaker: "Kiss The Bottle"
Fifteen: "My friend 2" -- if you are depressed, it just makes it worse
Descendents: "Catalina"
Buzzcocks: "ever fallen in love?" -- best for getting tanked after getting dumped, hard.
Black Flag: "Wasted"

Jordan
A-f#ckin-men, brother!
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

All_lit_up_again
Tippler
Tippler

Post by All_lit_up_again »

Drinking and driving by the pietasters is always a good one.

http://www.stevelaplaca.com/pie/piehome.html :twisted:

scottyboy

best drinking music

Post by scottyboy »

The McCabes, an Irish band that plays Paddy Reilly's all-Guinness bar in NYC, has a great beer drinking song called "Have a Guinness Everyday."

If anyone's ever in Manhattan, I heartily recommend you check them out.