What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by oettinger »

The stupid store didn`t have my Kahlua for my morning white russians so I had to settle for german "Feiner Kaffee Liquör".
Tastes like grandma candy: Sugar, coffee flavor, alcohol. I`m not feeling it.
Drink!

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

^^ I'd never trust any liquor with a German name.
On the other hand, I am drinking bourbon I bought at a discount from a German supermarket, so who am I to talk?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Soon to be drinking bottom shelf beer.

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

Taaka out the bottle, the glass bottle, the .75 bottle, the $6.99 bottle, or $7.99 bottle i forgot. Then I go to the IPA place. Scream Ale likes all those high volume brews but I don’t. I get a tall six of Budweiser and say fuck it. Fuck it fuck it fuck it. I’m in a bad mood. I can’t write poems as clear and simple as Hugh. I can’t beat him at nine ball, I can’t carry the tense like I’m supposed to, on and on it goes. But I’m going to steal everything I can from him. I’m a thief you see, I steal shit for a living.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheap and glorious tall can. Cold too.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Cold dihydrogen monoxide. One of my favorite chemicals.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ that shit'll fuck you up man.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 am
DrunkinEurope wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:33 pm
^^Beer party, woo hoo! Just don't piss on yourself (or wear a diaper)!
For me, it's a Four Roses night.
One day I`ll visit you and I`ll bring flowers and Roses
It's another Four Roses night. And I'm still waiting for you to come over with a bouquet of (four) roses.

SpitefulTriful
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SpitefulTriful »

Carlsberg Export. Can you believe that here in the UK regular Carlsberg has dropped to a mere 3.4%? Fosters is now also 3.7%. All because of bullshit alcohol tax. Not that I'd usually drink Fosters, but y'know, lots of beer brands here have dropped abv over the year due to bullshit tax. Currently just consuming Carlsberg Export which is luckily still 4.8% and Morrisons supermarket own brand lager, also 4.8%, got 16 cans worth of it, should be good. This message is going to a big fuck you to the UK taxation of alcohol. Give us more cheap booze.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^^ that's insane. 3.7% to 3.4%? I thought beer was pretty much all 4% and higher. Are they really saving that much money? Seriously fuck those taxes. My usual, Genesee, is 4.5%. Can't imagine that going any lower.

Currently drinking Genesee bock. This one weighs in at a staggering 5.2%. Hope the taxman doesn't get greedy(er).

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Isn't 4.2% considered light beer? I think that's what Bud LIght is. Rolling Rock is 4.4% and was the cheapest in the store - but I couldn't get drunk on it and I had to piss every three minutes.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm
Can you believe that here in the UK regular Carlsberg has dropped to a mere 3.4%?
As a Dane, this offends me. If there's one thing we are supposed to be known for is our beer (okay, maybe also pillaging the British shores, but that was a long time ago). A 3.4% Danish beer is a disgrace - at the same time, Carlsberg is a greedy conglomerate and a disgrace in general, so...fuck those guys.
At the same time, I would still recommend Elephant or Giraf (both Carlsberg beer) if you're looking for strong, somewhat bitter beer; they clock at 7.2% and 10% respectively, and taste quite good even without having a few beers beforehand.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

SpitefulTriful wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 pm
Carlsberg Export. Can you believe that here in the UK regular Carlsberg has dropped to a mere 3.4%? Fosters is now also 3.7%. All because of bullshit alcohol tax. Not that I'd usually drink Fosters, but y'know, lots of beer brands here have dropped abv over the year due to bullshit tax. Currently just consuming Carlsberg Export which is luckily still 4.8% and Morrisons supermarket own brand lager, also 4.8%, got 16 cans worth of it, should be good. This message is going to a big fuck you to the UK taxation of alcohol. Give us more cheap booze.
That’s incredible. No, you can’t even break even with a beer under 5. Budweiser is 5. When you go down to the 4.s and then the 3.s you are completely wasting your time.

Spiteful, what about cigarettes? What is the price of factory rolled cigarettes, the tax?

Is it just a beer tax and not an English gin tax? Is this a move to move more drinkers to distilled spirits where there is not some kind of abv tax? I don’t see how you can do that to the hard without a revolution (lead by Oettinger and Big Nate).

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:55 pm
Isn't 4.2% considered light beer? I think that's what Bud LIght is. Rolling Rock is 4.4% and was the cheapest in the store - but I couldn't get drunk on it and I had to piss every three minutes.
I think you're right, the low end of 4% is light beer. Genny light is 4.0% a whopping half percent lower than my usual. And unsurprisingly tastes an awful lot like tap water. My other usual is a very nice 8% high gravity lager. Genny ice is the weakest of all ice beers at 5.5%.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

How do you think they get that calorie level down? There are 100 calories in an ounce of 80 proof booze. There are 150 calories in a bottle of Budweiser. (a 5.0% beer).
Last edited by Thompson on Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.