Drinking Music

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

Bobo
Tippler
Tippler

drinkin music

Post by Bobo »

:o Fuck I'm using emoticons now.

Good ol Fear,
don't forget the first record, Beer.
Pogues is probably well known here but if not GET SOME.
I am a die hard Dean fan but as the drinks go down the ramp goes up. The Donnas have some action. ETC.

A great old bar called the Alibi has the drinkin sign from 1940 and everything but the juke box is so bad I had to stop going there. The last straw was seeing a table of amatuers at the top of lungness "every rose has a thorn".

Music is both a primer and buzz killer (well the drive to move on to the next spot).

Use with care or wild abandon
Time to fish out the last of the gin. :twisted:
man are my pants on, it feels like I'm peeing in space?

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

hey, Bobo, cool that you mention the Donnas. They are from my hometown. albeit quite a bit younger, but emerged from a dead local scene. cool girlies for sure. oh hey, a shout out to trageopus
need a woman be good to me... won't hide my whiskey try to serve me tea...

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Just came across another great song for drinking to...it's country, which already gives it good drinkin' heritage:

"Beer for my horses" by Toby Keith & WIllie Nelson

Catchy tune, and it makes me want to start bringing a flask to work. My boss wouldn't mind as long as I shared.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Uncle Sal wrote:Damn memory loss, they said this would happen... Fear, More Beer!
And if you are really feeling far too healthy, GG Allen. NOT first thing in the morning though...
Why didn't I remember 'More Beer"? Hell, any Fear song. My favorite albulm of their's is "Live For the Record." Some of the best stage bantor this side of the MC5.

GentlemanLoser
Tippler
Tippler

Post by GentlemanLoser »

Just about any Cake album.

Friend is a 4-letter word when in a particularly cynical mood.
HABIT, n.
shackle for the free.

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

okay, Franken you did it again... MC5, of course... I forgot X first, forgot Fear second, and now, god spare me my due, I can't believe I forgot the Stooges! Right there in the infancy of things with MC5 and oh, if I mention them now does it not count as forrgetting? Long Live Joey Ramone!
is Cake the band that did piss up a rope? one of the funniest things ever.. would love a MP3, anyone?

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Come on people you can't forget Motorhead! Nothing is better for a rowdy, drunken night. Plus I just saw them this monday at a tiny little club. Phenomenal show. Lemmy still has it after all these years.

"But I just love the life I lead,
Another beer is what I need"
Motorhead-Road Crew
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Motorhead! Those magnificent, ugly bastards. What about the duet with Wedy O'Williams, 'Stand By Your Man.'

Another good, heavy one is The Melvins' "Stoner Witch."

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Motorhead! Those magnificent, ugly bastards. What about the duet with Wedy O'Williams, 'Stand By Your Man.'

Another good, heavy one is The Melvins' "Stoner Witch."
Hey, Wendy is from my hometown!
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
Uncle Sal wrote:Damn memory loss, they said this would happen... Fear, More Beer!
And if you are really feeling far too healthy, GG Allen. NOT first thing in the morning though...
Why didn't I remember 'More Beer"? Hell, any Fear song. My favorite albulm of their's is "Live For the Record." Some of the best stage bantor this side of the MC5.
hahahahah - I have that one whole rant on the decline of western civilization soundtrack CD. Oh, I'd love to quote a few, but.......
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Tippler
Tippler

Post by * »

There are many I can name but Willie Dixon heads the list.
after hour drinking depends on all of us to do our share

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

so Combat, help me out... I've looked for Decline on the net without success and would buy the cd and dvd if I knew, do you? Rented it years ago but now I live on a little island in the northwest and our best (classic, obsucure, and oldies) video place just went belly up... anybody? should of stole it... ah, young idealism...

Tippler
Tippler

Post by * »

I don't know if this helps but what the hell,check out http://www.allmusic.com
after hour drinking depends on all of us to do our share

Jordan
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jordan »

I would like to add Alkaline Trio, Jawbreaker, and the song "Barrett's Privateers" by different folks; it some Nova Scotia folk song.

ps. anyone type in http://www.moderndrunkard.com?

real disturbing picture.
"Wasted, passed on the kitchen floor, another week gone by and I haven't been dreaming... I don't exactly what I did last night, but I hear stories in the morning" - The Broadways "Kitchen Floor"

Uncle Sal
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Uncle Sal »

yeah, *, thanks (so sci fi) I tried your recomendation but got (like allways) only country bands... (western) shit, combat, look on your CD what label?
this is like trying to get money out of the bank... no, that is my hundred bucks really... Help me Drunk Punks please....