How many of us are ex-military?

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:Does having sex with some wrens, count as having been in the military????? :twisted:
I don't think so, hun. But if you marry one of them, and stick with it, you get to be sort of a very junior level honorary soldier, sailor, or Marine. I don't mean those twits who wear their spouse's rank; feh to them. But after a number of years, you start to realize that you have given up so much freedom of speech, freedom to decide where you want to live, and even freedom to determine what sort of clothes you will wear when you go out shopping. Your children will be held to standards that no civilian child must meet. \

In re some very unfair treatment a friend of mine recieved at the BX in Oki, I started some ruckus that became a cause celebre on the rock. My protesting words were published in the Pacific Stars and Stripes and some local American papers and mags. My husband was told both to put a muzzle on his wife and congratulated on my stand.
like tears in rain

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

I think any man foolish enough to try and put a muzzle on you, would come away missing some fingers and genitalia :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Grrrrrowf!
like tears in rain

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

I was rejected when I tried to join the marines. That's about the extent of it. I'm a pretty big birth defect - athsma (or however you spell it), tons of allergies, flat feet, pidgeon toed, etc. Not really sure exactly what put me over the edge . Actually, though, I'm kinda glad I didn't get in now. Things have worked out pretty well, with the exception of the fact that I'm now on my 7th year of school and have never had the time or money to travel out of the country....unless tiajuana counts.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: How many of us are ex-military?

Post by Milspec »

greetings from the future. im in the usn in a flight squad fixing cold war era planes. join and see the world...aparently by world they mean iraq and afganistan. a year and change left. cant complain learned alot...about heavy drinking.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Well it's mandatory shit in here, I mean getting the training at least. I spend half an year between barracks and the woods.

Afaik I'm good to shoot 120mm or smaller mortar while less drunk than this.. guess this drunk too.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I was in the USMC 1998 to2002 afghan vet

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

I'm not. Tree hugger.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

What do you mean "ex".
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

What the guy in the beret said. "Ex" implies a big chicken dinner. If you served honorably and then got out, you are former military. *

* Though "Once a Marine, always a Marine" is always true. Semper Fi.
like tears in rain

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

not me. I'm a coward.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Savage Swiller wrote:What the guy in the beret said. "Ex" implies a big chicken dinner. If you served honorably and then got out, you are former military. *

* Though "Once a Marine, always a Marine" is always true. Semper Fi.
Yes you a right Savage

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Well, up to the early nineties, we had a compulsory military service. I did my compulsory year, became a lieutenant, and was glad my time in the military was over, being paid during that year the formidable sum of five euros a day. That could hardly pay for my drinking. But I did learn the French I was never taught at school, and I learned how to drink properly.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Glad I never got involved with that. I don't believe in risking my life for strangers.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

John Barleycorn wrote:Glad I never got involved with that. I don't believe in risking my life for strangers.
And thus this thread should truly begin to bear fruit...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be