Great drinking oriented movies

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

i still haven't read anything about "the bridges of madison county". one of the best drinbking flickls of all times.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Your days asea have truely driven you mad. Mad I say!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I know I have recommended it before (it was a long, long time ago) but for the benefit of the newer people, I'll go for an encore.

For the the love of your favourite tipple see "Withnail And I." Possibly the mightiest paen to the death of the 60s and certainly the drinkers drinking movie.

The stories surrounding the production of this film are both legion and legendary.

A cursory Google search will provide with a list of more Withnail obsessive than you will feel comfortable sharing a planet with.

It is infinitely quotable and has sparked up more than one drinking game.

All of which beggars the question; why, then, is it so little known.
See it for yourself and revel in the glory of such lines as, "It's almost closing time. We shall have to be swift. Barman, two pints of cider two triple gins. Ice in the cider." "There must, and shall be, more wine!" "We want cake and the finest wines known to humanity..."
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I like Valley of the Dolls. Watching Patty Duke's character transform from an innocent young wannabe actress/singer to a down and out alcoholic is worth the trip to the video store. Classic 1960's film. So bad, its good. Best quote:
Anne: Neely, you know it's bad to take liquor with those pills.
Neely: They work faster.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Liz Taylor and Richard Burton didn't have to stretch their acting abilities for this gem. The story is about an an middle-aged, alchoholic, and strange (to say the least) couple, Martha (Elizabeth Taylor) and George (Richard Burton) who invite a young couple (Nick and Honey) over for a late night visit over drinks only to have the whole night become a nightmare, all orchestrated by Martha and George.
Best quotes:
Martha: Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.

Nick: I'm tired, I've been drinking since nine o'clock, my wife is vomiting, there's been a lot of screaming going on around here!

George: Yes, Martha? Can I get you something?
Martha: Ah, well, sure. You can, um, light my cigarette, if you're of a mind to.
George: No. There are limits. I mean, a man can put up with only so much without he descends a rung or two on the old evolutionary ladder, which is up your line. Now, I will hold your hand when it's dark and you're afraid of the boogeyman and I will tote your gin bottles out after midnight so no one can see but I will not light your cigarette. And that, as they say, is that.
Martha: Jesus.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

any comedy/romance with meg ryan. they are always good for a good cry and a good laugh because god she is funny.
colonel sanders

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:any comedy/romance with meg ryan. they are always good for a good cry and a good laugh because god she is funny.
What about "Sex & the city" DPAW? A favorite?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:any comedy/romance with meg ryan. they are always good for a good cry and a good laugh because god she is funny.
I like Sex and the City. Patricia Fields is my heroine!
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Captain Mullocked
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Captain Mullocked »

I love watching the Office when I'm drinking. It's a british television series and it is amazingly funny. It is also quite brilliant at times and it still really good after seeing many many times. The complexity of the humor is just astounding. Anyways I don't know where to get it my english friend downloaded it off of a link at somehthingawful.com but I think that's gone now.
One can get it on dvd I believe and If I didn't have it already Iwould buy it, ( I may anyways)
And the sun's always rising in the sky somewhere
-Against Me!

Enabler
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Enabler »

I just went through this thread quickly and I didn;t see anything about Blue Velvet. Frank Booth- aka Denis Hooper, is the best. Damn good movie.
No!, I want you to fuck it. Shit yes! Pour the fucking beer.
Mad Hatters Long Gone, But The Mercury Lingers On

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Frankennietzsche wrote:
actually i don't even have t.v.. i have a t.v., but no cable and the only 2 channels i get seem to only air friends and will and grace reruns. i would rather not watch.
colonel sanders

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

{Martha: Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.}

{Nick: I'm tired, I've been drinking since nine o'clock, my wife is vomiting, there's been a lot of screaming going on around here!}

Someone must have had a tape recorder at the last little gathering.

Great drinking movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Something for everybody. Except the stupid and humorless. I won't quote, because I wouldn't be able to stop

Ni! Ni!

Hey Lucky: Girl without a room? Since when did that ever stop you.

(Damn, I've been trying to quit, but it is so difficult...)
like tears in rain

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Enabler wrote:I just went through this thread quickly and I didn;t see anything about Blue Velvet. Frank Booth- aka Denis Hooper, is the best. Damn good movie.
No!, I want you to fuck it. Shit yes! Pour the fucking beer.
When isn't Dennis Hooper great? Ok, other than "Water World". Ever seen "Red Rock West"?
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Cam L Toe
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Cam L Toe »

The best drinking movie in my opinion is Shakes the Clown with Bobcat Goldthwait.Nothin better than a bunch of drunk, scary clowns!
Allah will give to those who blow themselves up.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

stephswill wrote:The best drinking movie in my opinion is Shakes the Clown with Bobcat Goldthwait.Nothin better than a bunch of drunk, scary clowns!
and to the mimes: "Learn to speak!"
like tears in rain

Cam L Toe
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Cam L Toe »

Savage Swiller wrote:
stephswill wrote:The best drinking movie in my opinion is Shakes the Clown with Bobcat Goldthwait.Nothin better than a bunch of drunk, scary clowns!
and to the mimes: "Learn to speak!"
Haha! Robin Williams was brilliant in that. It took me forever to realize that Dink the Clown was actually Adam Sandler!
Allah will give to those who blow themselves up.