You know you're a regular when.....

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

...When a newcomer to the bar sits down next to you at the bar and the staff say to him/her, "You don't want to sit there if you have any intention of leaving the place less than shit-faced."
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

When the bar staff call your mobile to let you know when the promo girls are arriving.
When everyone gets a promo, bottle, shot or pint and you get a shit load.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

The Pooba
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by The Pooba »

bella wrote:When the bartender tells others they are out of something when really they aren’t, but just have enough left for you.
Good one. I've only had a few moments where I've realized how much of a "regular" I am.
1- The staff offered to put a "Reserved" sign on my table at 9pm on days I come in.
2- When I see my bartenders at another bar they start buying me drinks.
3- A barback told me they've had to increase thier stock of Rolling Rock because of me.
4- A bar started carrying Knob Creek because of me.
All actual occurances.

DrunkenJackFlask
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by DrunkenJackFlask »

When I've been really broke and was unable to go to my regular saloon for a week or so, I've been told when I finally showed, "we thought you died."

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

When you got a table on jackass Tuesdays (2-4-1 night), back when the Triple Rock had a patio.

Actually we set up a rotating stammtisch, with some purloined and decorated "Reserved" signs that we brought everywhere with us. I'm too lazy to give my own explanation but:
Stammtisch is a custom in German speaking countries and is a table reserved for regular guests of that establishment. Tables are usually marked with a pennant so other guests won’t sit there unless invited.
Actually in Bavaria they're usually marked with a sign and maybe one of those blue and white diamond-checkered tablecloths.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

zombiewoff
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by zombiewoff »

When they hire a new bartender and I have to tell them where things are and answer questions about the price of various drinks. Funny how the prices on my stuff is just a little lower than the others....for a day or three.
If you were my midget, I'd treat you like a princess.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

When the staff lunges over to correct new hires reaching for well booze.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!