Hurricane? More like Slurricane!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Hurricane? More like Slurricane!

Post by coqui_chris »

Hate this shit. Always have. Always will. Poseur malt liquor for frat boys and dirty punk rockers. Tastes like shit. I'm a pretty big malt liquor connoisseur but I can't stand this crap.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Malt liquor connoisseur, eh?

Obviously coqui is your choice (although I've never seen it in NJ), but what did you think of MDM's 40 ratings?

Personally, St. Ides is my favorite, second is OE, especially the 64 ounce bottle! You know if they still make them in that size? ANd Colt 45 powermaster was awesome when it existed (and mighty potent too!)

Haven't had a 40 in a while. Maybe tonight on the way to the ol' meeting I will grab one.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Hurricane? More like Slurricane!

Post by bottomsup »

coqui_chris wrote:Hate this shit. Always have. Always will. Poseur malt liquor for frat boys and dirty punk rockers. Tastes like shit. I'm a pretty big malt liquor connoisseur but I can't stand this crap.
I've never tried Hurricane...not to big on the malt liquor. however I do enjoy dirty punk rockers!

l8tr
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Chelsea is our favorite punk rocker. Whether or not she's dirty, she'll have to clue us in.

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

The 64 ouncer is EXTREMELY rare anymore. I think they discontinued it. I've never had Powermaster but down here in Philly we have Colt 45 Double Malt which is a high gravity but with the same taste as a regular Colt 45. St Ides I can't really take anymore. The shit gives me gutrot. I used to suck them down in High School when they were 2 for $6 at our 40 spot of choice.

I enjoyed the MDM 40 ratings for the most part. I

really dislike Mickey's though. That shit's for the ladies. Its like drinking a 40 of ginger ale, with as much inebriating power.

I was very happy to see Country Club make it into the ratings. That's some good stuff every so often when I wanna switch it up. I like to visit High Society every so often.

Never had Crazy Horse, they won't carry that in Philly anymore.

Magnum's alright too. Its kind of like a mediocre Coqui though. At the 40 store I go to at 28th and Girard Magnum's $1.50, and Coqui is $1.75. However, Coqui's are 3 for $5.

I've never had OE High Gravity either. I'd like to. 8-Ball of course is always a classic, and probably my all-time favorite since I've been drinking it for 4 years. However, Coqui's cheaper. I like 8-Ball when I feel like treating myself to something that's a step up.

Schlitz, so-so. I just remember drinking this out of cans. I should try a 40.

Steel Reserve 211, ooooo mama! Love tha 211. My favorite High Gravity. I like it better than St Ides anyday.

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Crap...forgot about Crazy Horse! They were the only widemouth 40 we had back in the mid-90s. And that was really good. I had thought they were shut down because the name was "politically incorrect". Glad to see they still exist.

Powermaster was discontinued. It was VERY strong. I had a mere 16 ounce can back in '95 and got a nice feeling from it.

Mickey's was what it was: Frat boy beer. When you're 19, it works.

Now, one I remember seeing but never bothered with was Cool Colt - MENTHOL malt liquor. I was too unnerved to buy one.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

fdoosey wrote:Chelsea is our favorite punk rocker. Whether or not she's dirty, she'll have to clue us in.
Hey, don't forget stephswill! MD's other resident drunkpunk chick. You may still be getting to know her but I'm lucky enough to have had her as a best friend for years! :P
Although my mind can usually be found in the gutter, I NOT in the least bit dirty. In fact, I'm a bit of a hygiene freak. But thanks!

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Well, hell, ALL our minds are in the gutter.

But I likes what I sees of your buddy thus far. You both are cool.

bella

Post by bella »

When i was in high school we used to have the bums that live behind the corner store go and get us 40oz.. We would ask for Colt 45 or St Ides and they would always bring out Hurricane... I never liked it.. But you bet your ass I drank it.. Did you ever try the kind called.. PHAT BOY~!
me loves the voddie

Barca

Post by Barca »

Oh, god, I'd blacked out the memory of the Cool Colt. That was some of the most disgusting stuff I've ever had.

I liked the SchlitZ Bull Ice, something like 8% alcohol.

I haven't had any malt liquor since college, and I'm praying I get to keep it that way.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Phat Boy was discontinued because, like Powermaster, they said it was advertised to young kids.

bella

Post by bella »

coqui_chris wrote:Phat Boy was discontinued because, like Powermaster, they said it was advertised to young kids.

I only had it once.. I wondered what happened to it...
me loves the voddie

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

I have an empty of Phat Boy at home. I have quite a few empties at home from the past. Now all the horrid memories are returning...

Midnight Dragon, Silver Thunder (we called it Silver Chunder), Country Club, Private Stock, Colt, OE, Iron City (oh Christ the horror), the list goes on and on...

All memories of a simpler time. When my debt was ignorable. *sigh*

And thus, I am now Drunker Than God.

Captain Mullocked
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Captain Mullocked »

Personally I love the Steel Reserve is fantastic; you pound a couple of those and it's a $4 ticket to happy land. Can't stand the Mickey's; they're kind of weak and taste like ass.
And the sun's always rising in the sky somewhere
-Against Me!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Oh man, how'd I forget Silver Thunder. Not bad, not bad at all. I like my man Karate, or so he calls himself, a bum who's always standing outside of the Amoco at Ridge and Girard, North Philadelphia, drinking one of these, harrassing people trying to pump gas for a dollar.

Private Stock's like Mickey's to me. Girlie shit.