There's dirty work afoot!

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

How many drinks before you say "no" to driving?

One - MADD said so!
3%
Two
11%
Three
16%
Four
24%
Five or more
46%

Total votes: 37

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Have you heard that the MADD fuckers are trying to get the legal limit lowered to .06!!! What the fuck!! Does anybody remember when the bitch that started the whole thing got busted for a DUI on her way home from a MADD fund raiser? Fucking hypocrite whores! I want to see them all impaled on red hot iron spikes! .06???
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Yes indeedy I heard that. .10 wasn't enough...they wanted .08 and got it.

Now .08 isn't enough.

And apparently nobody is catching on? I guess if you oppose it you're against punishing irresponsible drunk drivers and in favor of killing children with cars.

I do believe a MADD spokesperson is on record as saying .02 is their ultimate goal. You'll get that from a slug of cough syrup for your cold.

I don't know who's running the show for the liquor lobby but they better get their shit together before regular people will be too scared to drink at all.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

The liquor front already has to pay for advertising that encourages people not to use their products, basically.

Pinky
Souse
Souse

Post by Pinky »

Palinka:

I'm sorry. I really don't want to be an arse, but a car is the the most lethal weapon ...
I think the problem with MADD's position on drinking and driving, i.e. zero tolerance, is that it fails to acknowledge the possibility that a person can ingest an amount of alcohol and still drive capably. MADD's definition of a drunk driver is any driver with any blood alcohol above zero. Such a standard will put perfectly competent drivers in jail; lives to be permanently and irreparably damaged and ruined.

The problem of drunks who drive has a solution outside the ruination of everyone who takes a drink and gets behind the wheel. MADD has lost its non-secular goal of removing hazards from the road and replaced it with the moralism of the prohibitionists.
Yeast are our friends.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Problem is, no matter how hard they try, they'll never succeed in getting EVERY menace driver off the road. Some people will act like morons no matter what. So their solution is that if we can't get just the bad ones off the road, we'll keep EVERYONE off the road.

I know we can go and tell others about the lies, but of course we don't have a slick website and hordes of people with well-laid out propaganda and airtime to tell their side.

But just remember to fight the good fight in your bars! Maybe I should start a voter registration drive in the bars...

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

If the alcohol industry had any balls left they'd ask for equal time with the agents of MADD. If there were justice they'd get it and be defacto driven from the schools where they haver so thoroughly demonized booze by the laws that prevent alcohol from targeting minors. Beating them with their own stick.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Notice despite their menacing, kids still want to get drunk in droves.

Tell someone they can't have something, and they'll want it!

However, they also target politicians, and money talks. Sadly, all politicians seem to be only concerned with how much money they can get. I'm sure there's a few left who haven't been bought.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

yeah, but they are 2 drunk 2 do anything about it! lucky 4 some
mine's a pint

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

we do too have a purdy website this one, we just need to get the place spread more. maybe we can start lobbyingf for the dissolution of madd. F E'm I say
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

murderama
Tippler
Tippler

Post by murderama »

Lucky for me, I just moved across the street from my favorite dive, now I'm all a-stumblin'... But seriously, I drive much better drunk than any sixteen year old racing home from class does. Or any of these fucking half-blind elderly fucks we got on the road up here. Why isn't there an organization for THAT shit?
Shit! Lives! Forever!

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

murderama wrote:Why isn't there an organization for THAT shit?
The AARP is powerful. They keep the old, blind, and insane behind the wheel because in most places, old people are the only ones who vote, and they always vote. As a result, politicians would probably let them go on killing sprees if if meant another term.

I make a point to vote every time. You should do the same. Don't ever think your vote doesn't matter. Every voice counts, and together we can make a drunken row the likes of which ye have never seen. Yarrgh! Oh, sorry, lapsed into pirate voice.

MDM is an outstanding resource for those of us who are devoted drunks. But, sadly, I fear the average joe would think us a bit extreme, since they only drink once in a while and don't know the majestic glory of a righteously wicked boozing. We still need those people to realize that their rights are being infringed upon as well, and to act and vote accordingly.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Doosey for president! His first task in office is to excommunicate MADD with a penalty of being forceed to drink as much as we do, and if they cant hang then, send em to cuba on a really leaky boat.
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:Doosey for president! His first task in office is to excommunicate MADD with a penalty of being forceed to drink as much as we do, and if they cant hang then, send em to cuba on a really leaky boat.
And, based on this platform, nobody will come up with any old skeletons in my closet that would cause a scandal! But then, I'm sure if someone scanned my website or this board I'd be in sufficiently hot water anyway.

But the average guy doesn't care about someone's bad behavior (see Clinton, Bill). But at least I'm honest with my foul-ups. I tried pot once (so I am told) and I *DID* inhale. Unfortunately, I was way too drunk to remember it, I'm merely taking the word of the witnesses.

(cue patriotic music here...Johnny Cash will do)

I've never been unfaithful to any wife/girlfriend. But when I was single, I was a man-whore, meaning I was not picky. Some men say, "I've done better"; I say "I've had worse!"

I will take no bribe before its time. I'm not above using epithets to get a point across. I think ethnic jokes are funny and teach us about other cultures. More importantly, I think alcohol, in the right amount, would bring about world peace. I would negotiate with terrorists via drinking contests - them damned Muslims are super-lightweights, so I'd really kick ass! Hell, all negotiations would, nay, SHOULD be conducted at a pub.

Thank you, and may God Bless America!

Damn, the world would be in deep shit if I held office...and too loaded to give a damn.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

and the problem with that is??? What the US needs is a good drunk pres. maybe get those damn liquor taxes down and extend bar closing times till when the bartender passes out. shit ill campaign for you with all the barmates if you so wish.

drinklikerichardburton
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by drinklikerichardburton »

The US president doesn't need to be drunk. He can't put together sentences as it is.

(Apologies to those who voted for him. I assume there are actually some people who did ...)