Vodka watermelon

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Lord RIPT wrote:For christs sake. Who has the time to wait 24 hrs for a spiked watermelon?

That's juvenile at best anyway.
It is with care and patience that good booze is made greater.
Instant gratification is juvenile, refinement is a measure of maturity.

Lupus
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Lupus »

I tried to spike a watermalon with ouzo during my vacation. I don't quite know what I did wrong - the damn melon just refused to soak. Physics may have played its sneaky part, if I had a way I'd have drilled a hole at the bottom of the bottle as well. What happened is I had to lift the bottle every now and to pour ouzo into the watermelon until it overflowed, then wait for the liquid to be absorbed and repeat process. Next time I'll try with a funnel.

The really tragic part? When we finally run out of patience and sacrificed Iphigeneia (yeah, it went on long enough for us to name the melon) I was unlucky enough to get a teetotaler slice. Oh well. At least I had the privilege of drinking the unabsorbed ouzo with a straw and it tasted divinely.
“I admire Mpraian and your soupra. Your soupra incloud NOS, NEON and dig bouga. Mpraian is a very good driver. The soupra color is orange. Your garage is in the Maiamy. I don't now anything for your life but I now your car. Your car is your life."

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Lupus wrote:I tried to spike a watermalon with ouzo during my vacation. I don't quite know what I did wrong - the damn melon just refused to soak. Physics may have played its sneaky part, if I had a way I'd have drilled a hole at the bottom of the bottle as well. What happened is I had to lift the bottle every now and to pour ouzo into the watermelon until it overflowed, then wait for the liquid to be absorbed and repeat process. Next time I'll try with a funnel.

The really tragic part? When we finally run out of patience and sacrificed Iphigeneia (yeah, it went on long enough for us to name the melon) I was unlucky enough to get a teetotaler slice. Oh well. At least I had the privilege of drinking the unabsorbed ouzo with a straw and it tasted divinely.
It's all about osmosis. Ideally, you want a lighter melon (less water). If you add liquid to the point of saturation you won't be able to add anymore unless you can get some of the water out.

The flipside to this is to cut the melon into slices to soak it. Osmosis works both ways. Lots of water in the melon and lots of booze in the soaking recepticle will try to strike a balance. Properly made jungle juice should have the fruit soaked for 4-6 hours, then the liquid poured out (and consumed), with fresh liquor going in.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

My advice, fuck the vodka, go for teh hard stuff! (see av)
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

gerald_weigel wrote:My advice, fuck the vodka, go for teh hard stuff! (see av)
You know how I feel about this.
RIP Tim.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

190proof wrote:
I do, and I luv you despite the fact taht you would turn on me like an injured dog and drink all my Eevrclear. well, maybe not like that, but you know

muahh
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

gerald_weigel wrote:
190proof wrote:
I do, and I luv you despite the fact taht you would turn on me like an injured dog and drink all my Eevrclear. well, maybe not like that, but you know

muahh
I do what I gotta do for the booze. If you didn't love your wife I'd be all over you. Wait and if Tim wasn't here. I love him. I'm wearing only his hawaiian shirt. It's hot :)
RIP Tim.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

190proof wrote: I do what I gotta do for the booze. If you didn't love your wife I'd be all over you. Wait and if Tim wasn't here. I love him. I'm wearing only his hawaiian shirt. It's hot :)
well, as long as he's in it ;)

190Flask
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by 190Flask »

gerald_weigel wrote:
190proof wrote: I do what I gotta do for the booze. If you didn't love your wife I'd be all over you. Wait and if Tim wasn't here. I love him. I'm wearing only his hawaiian shirt. It's hot :)
well, as long as he's in it ;)
No he's not in it!! but he is checking on me to make sure i have drinks, cause he loves me. :D :D :D We are a true MDM couple.
RIP Tim.