Made in Mankato

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Made in Mankato

Post by slushfund »

As portions of last night pass back thru my consciousness, I now recall drinking at the bar with two old rich guys, born in Mankato. I dropped the last names of Oggar and Roomie, but they hadn't heard of them. Their names were Downs and Wald.

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

I am unfamiliar with these gentlemen. When did they last live/drink here?
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Professor Roomie wrote:I am unfamiliar with these gentlemen. When did they last live/drink here?
I'm strangely disturbed by the fact that you should know all the old rich guys in Mankato.....what exactly is it you do for money again???
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by SternoBoy »

Slushfund's monetary success is clouded in mystery. Some say he invented water chlorination others say it was gun running in New Guinea. Both true but not as lucrative as one might think. The truth is, he started his fortune in Canada selling clubs to baby seal hunters. He later parlayed his small fortune into an evil, world empire based on the production of Colrain Punch brewed and blended by Western Massachusetts slave labor. Now he lurks in South Florida bars leading a seemingly quiet and reclusive life as a border-line alcoholic, amateur mathematician. But don't be fooled. His spies are everywhere.
I'm drunk and I vote

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

SternoBoy wrote:Slushfund's monetary success is clouded in mystery. Some say he invented water chlorination others say it was gun running in New Guinea. Both true but not as lucrative as one might think. The truth is, he started his fortune in Canada selling clubs to baby seal hunters. He later parlayed his small fortune into an evil, world empire based on the production of Colrain Punch brewed and blended by Western Massachusetts slave labor. Now he lurks in South Florida bars leading a seemingly quiet and reclusive life as a border-line alcoholic, amateur mathematician. But don't be fooled. His spies are everywhere.
He was asking about Roomie.

Also, since I have refigured the punch proof and come up with a paltry 26 (instead of the previously poorly computed 47), I am going to experiment with a new punch recipe, the elsewhere mentioned Mongolian Motherfucker...first batch in early January in the new house.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

I mentioned the possibility of a MN trip in late February to the wife tonight, and she didn't threaten to have me committed (not that she's thinking of joining me). I'm thinking a week at the Mall of America. With side trips to Mankato. Do they have stretch snowmobiles in Minneapolis?

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Well, it seems that there's no hotel in the Mall of America. Phase II will have hotels, but they don't even have the funding for that yet. Still, I will go to MN. Is no one else interested in MN in February?

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

BrokeJudge wrote:
Professor Roomie wrote:I am unfamiliar with these gentlemen. When did they last live/drink here?
I'm strangely disturbed by the fact that you should know all the old rich guys in Mankato.....what exactly is it you do for money again???
I only have sex with women. I do occasionally accept cash and gifts to have sex with attractive older women. How is Mrs. Judge?
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Her »

I will go to MN but I will not pay Roomie to have sex with me.

There are hotels just outside the Big Ass Mall that have free transport. I also have a large crowd of drunken middle aged women friends there. They won't pay Roomie to have sex with them either.

Divorce party in late Feb sounds good to me. I'm in.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

slushfund wrote:Well, it seems that there's no hotel in the Mall of America. Phase II will have hotels, but they don't even have the funding for that yet. Still, I will go to MN. Is no one else interested in MN in February?

The hotels are across the parking lot. Try the Thunderbird, it's right by Ikea.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

I like the look of the Embassy Suites, with the central atrium. Public drunkeness with a gang of Her's friends among the flora and fauna...maybe they'll tie Roomie to a stump and poke him with cocktail umbrellas. Badfellow has already volunteered to film it.

I think I may have to fly Ruiner and Crystal in. I have lots of American Airlines frequent flyer miles. And I think we can talk Ruiner into bungee jumping in the 10 story atrium.

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

How you doin?

Post by Her »

Some of my drunk pals have houses on lakes. We could go build an igloo, or an ice house, or whatever it is those drunks do in MN in Feb.

We would definitely poke Roomie with little wiener forks. In the spirit of sisterhood, we older ladies would get to go first. We still wouldn't pay him. As a matter of fact, if he keeps this up, we may pimp him out.

Then we could ride the roller coaster at the Big Ass Mall. Or something.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Professor Roomie wrote:
BrokeJudge wrote:
I only have sex with women. I do occasionally accept cash and gifts to have sex with attractive older women. How is Mrs. Judge?
Awfully close to crossing the line there pal.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

I got another brillant idea: Roomie, dressed in a Sasquatch suit (head to toe, totally covered), on a leash, held be Her, at the Mall of America. Maybe with a small human baby rubber chew-toy. For Roomie, adequate financial compensation.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I'm pretty sure Josh would have no problem dressing as a wookie.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.