Made in Mankato

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

This will sound so incredibly lame, but I had never heard of this mystic burgh known as Mankato, so I googled it. The fake vacation page that comes up is hilarious and its the first thing that comes up. http://city-mankato.us/
Anyway, looks like a good town, and I always have respect for northerners. My home peninsula of Cape Cod is a wet/frozen hellground for 7 months a year.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

Just stumbled across this site, and I'm pleased to find like-minded people, and there's a boozing event planned in my city. I want in, so maybe I better familiarize myself with you folks, soon. I have a fair amount of funny/asinine drinking stories and I've accomplished many feats on the list of 40 things to do. My most recent coup de grace was a stint in Ramsey Co. Detox after a Dropkick Murphy's concert back in November. Extremely happy for this site, look forward to spending time here, and the next round's on me.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Slackjawd wrote:Just stumbled across this site, and I'm pleased to find like-minded people, and there's a boozing event planned in my city. I want in, so maybe I better familiarize myself with you folks, soon. I have a fair amount of funny/asinine drinking stories and I've accomplished many feats on the list of 40 things to do. My most recent coup de grace was a stint in Ramsey Co. Detox after a Dropkick Murphy's concert back in November. Extremely happy for this site, look forward to spending time here, and the next round's on me.
Welcome! I'm not an official greeter, but nobody else had the manners to.

Hope to see you at the end of this month!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

and new guy buys. bourbon on the rocks please and thank you.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Her »

I'll take a white russian, maybe 2 since I think I got divorced yesterday.

See you in a couple weeks.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Her wrote:I'll take a white russian, maybe 2 since I think I got divorced yesterday.

See you in a couple weeks.
yikes. better make it three. switch to the gin and tonics. those make me sleep in front of busses.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Her
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Her »

Never been a fan of gin. RUM, on the other hand.....and vodka...and tequila...
Saving my liver for MN so I can celebrate with all my finest friends.

Somebody bring the divorce baton and keep me away from the front end of buses. That was a lucky day for you....

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: Made in Mankato

Post by Crystal »

Next weekend folks. I can't wait!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Crystal wrote:Next weekend folks. I can't wait!
There better be DDs!
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I'm only a B, but I'll see what I can do.

Professor Roomie
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Professor Roomie »

It's going to be awesome to drink with you all again. Who among us do you think will be the first to be banned from the MOA? Is there a name for this party yet?
"You people terrify me. You're like some sort of Unholy Trinity of drunken viking maniacs." - Nil

"You know, I'm surprised that someone who looks like the aging love child of Big Bird and Snuffaluffagus would bring physical appearance into this." - Oggar

It dulls pain, makes the sun shine brighter, and makes boring people more interesting.

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slushfund »

Here's my vision. I want at least one of us to have tried each drink available at the MOA. Certainly all the drinks with umbrellas. Probably all the beers. At, of course, all the drinking venues there, which are, according to my research: Bubba Gump, CA Cafe, Famous Dave's BBQ, Hooters, Kokomo's Island Cafe, Napa Valley Grille, Ruby Tuesday. Tiger Sushi, Tony Roma's, Tucci Benuch, and Twin City Grill. A few of these places require you to eat in order to drink, so that's where we'll have our meals together. If there's a dress code, and somebody forgot their socks, well, we're at THE MALL.

Also, questions must be answered. Favorite Cocktails; Hottest Waitress; Hottest Waiter (Crystal and Her (and Mother Goose, if she comes) vote on this one); Best Bartender; Favorite Place; Least Favorite; Best and Worst Toilets; etc. More suggestions are welcome.

As long as you're on my regime, I'm buying.
i learned, again, that while its not possible to make everyone happy, it is quite easy to make them all unhappy: Ruiner

The difference between kinky and perverse is the difference between using a feather or using the whole chicken: Bundy

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Now, I know what you're thinking. You just want to get together and drink, with no agenda. But these outings are my substitute for the event which I participated in from 2001-2006, the Cannabis Cup. Now that I'm off the weed, I don't do those anymore. So instead, its the Mall Crawl. Although I did like the term Boozapalooza too. Who came up with that?
i learned, again, that while its not possible to make everyone happy, it is quite easy to make them all unhappy: Ruiner

The difference between kinky and perverse is the difference between using a feather or using the whole chicken: Bundy

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Crystal wrote:I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown.

Camp Snoopy isn't there anymore.

I love the sound of the agenda. It's got me thinking clipboards and score sheets. I can already see declaring things to be done in the name of "science."
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.