Hiding your booze...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Hiding your booze...

Post by Sleestack »

Oggar wrote:Drunk Oggar has hidden booze from me. An inordinate number of partial bottles of liquor under the bed with the occassional beer hidden there as well. One day I'll travel back in time and do battle with that son-of-a-bitch.
Let me know if you need a side kick... and inebriated Barney Rubble to your Fred Flinstone if you will...We'll get that sum bitches booze if it's the last thing we do!!
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

Hush
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Hush »

Phew,...maybe I'm not "trained" enough to get trough these 12hr drinking sessions. I'm getting pretty nauseous right about now. But my shift ends in 15 minutes. Lucky me. I guess I won't be having any drinks at home tonight. :(
AA didn't work out for me,... so here I am.

Fred O'Lisby
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Fred O'Lisby »

When I lived in college dorms I would usually throw a blanket over the handles next to my computer chair. That's all I've ever done to hide it.
Earlie Cuyler: Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here.
[points to mouth]
Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Physically hiding booze is one thing... Hiding your drinking is another. I dated a girl who didn't drink once, which was fine, until she tried to stop my drinking as well... As you might imagine, we started having problems at this point.

So I made up a new job. Late-night job. Kept me out til 3:00 in the morning Thursday through Saturday. Horrible hours, terrible boss, just want to sleep or screw when I get home, etc. Always smelled minty fresh too. It's amazing how much booze a few Altoids (swallowed whole, so they dissolve in the stomach, thus freshening booze breath from the stomach upwards) can conceal.

That's taking concealment of drunkardom to a certain existential height...
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:
FNZ wrote:Stick it in a cabinet.

Honestly, I'm more inclined to hide the empties if someone is coming over, mainly because I'm a slovenly bachelor and have empty cans covering my stovetop all the time.
I hate it when I come to a thread to late and someone has already stated my exact response, except that my empties don't gather on the stovetop, but there are several in the bathroom due to my post-hockey shower beer.

Nowadays, I rarely hide my drinking. But I do have a pair of flasks for when I need to be stealthy.
Yo, my girl commented on me bringing a 40 into the shower on Thursday. I was like, "What the fuck am I supposed to drink in the shower, the hot water dripping down? Am I supposed to open my mouth and be like, 'Ahhhhhhh!' ?"
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

CRISPER. CASE CLOSED. OH AND BROILER.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

liz... wrote:CRISPER. CASE CLOSED. OH AND BROILER.
hide it in yer hat

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

nic the chick wrote:
liz... wrote:CRISPER. CASE CLOSED. OH AND BROILER.
hide it in yer hat
You two are wigg'ed awesome!

crap i might be learning from ruiner, no good can come of this
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Kindred

Post by Kindred »

Sleestack wrote:I guess this is similar to Mad Lions "what lengths you go to ..." post, but what have you folks done to hide your booze?

I sure some of you have not had to hide it but I think there are a fair number of my fellow booze hounds who have had to resort to some real cloak and dagger moves to keep happily jucing...

So what have you all done to hide things? Have you resorted to the old toilet tank spot?, The attic? pour in into your coke?

Let me know!
I have to start hiding my drinking from my friends, cause apparently Im a drunk now *rolls eyes* fucking pussies I say. Its not like in the movies is it where you drink and you drink and you drink and you drink then the bar wenches come and do some crazy gogo dance. Thats why I drink at home alot now cause no one can handle it its like slow down man dont drink so fast its rude to finish the bottle in a few hours or what ever. When i was a kid you had to drink fast cause thats what they expected now im older and its all changed I wanna be a kid again. I cant stand the people that dont drink much why the fuck do they drink for the tatse fucking morons i drink to get drunk i dont give a fuck.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

I room in southern France with a family with young children who frown on the whole "drunk" and "openly drinking" stuff around the kids. Guillaume (the husband) and I often share a bottle of wine or two when Marie (his wife) isn't around, but once she comes home, it's like a fucking drinking no-fly zone there. She doesn't even like it when I come home drunk late. At first, I started by hiding bottles of wine in my jacket or backpack, but the clinkage of the multiple bottles started to become too obvious. Now, I stock up early (or when Marie isn't home) in my bedroom, hiding bottles under my laundry pile (or in the basket, if and when the clothes actually make it there), or in my dresser. I like a few drinks before I go to bed (read: "so drunk you can't dream"), but it's really awkward playing the quiet game while you get hammered by yourself in someone else's home.
I have to say, I love these people, they're my second family, I'd do anything for them (even defend them from invading Germans, if need be), and all that other good shit, and I wouldn't dream of moving out, but still, the whole hiding booze thing is getting really tired.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Coriolanus,

Btw, you might check-in with El Boozificator; he is back in France after military duty in Africa.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I haven't had to hide booze since high school. I have however occasionally been roped into situations where I had to be at a gathering where drinking was a no no. Planning ahead a full flask of bourbon is on me at these times. I'm sure my wandering off is noticed at these things and I'd be shocked if people can't smell booze on me by the end. But fuck 'em.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

A friend and I are professional booze hiders. I wrote about this on the board before. She even decoys her white rum by pouring it into empty sugar free Gatorade Zero bottles (because ain't nobody gonna steal that) and she adds the appropriate food coloring so it looks legit. She even drinks it on the job drinking her purple "Gatorade".

I was partying with some drys the other day at the beach and just poured my vodka into a Smart Water bottle (hehe, how appropriate) and they were none the wiser. But usually if it is regarding my roommate who will drink anything I bring into the house, I hide it in my closet under a basket of pretend dirty laundry. The WHITES.
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Ask Patchez about his stealth old cellphone flask. The only caveat is that it's rather small, so better put something potent in it.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Plus it looks like those old flip phones. At my age no one even questions whether I would be carrying a flip phone. of course he would he's old.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice