Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka

Post by whiskeyprick »

This review may be half-ass because I am still recovering from first of many nights with this devilish brew. How good you say? It's scary good. I polished off an entire fifth in a couple hours with nothing more than a handful of icecubes.

The stuff has been around for a while in the South where it's made, but it is new to me. I drink a lot of tea and a lot of vodka anywho, so for me it's a win-win.

Anyone one else tried?
Last edited by whiskeyprick on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Post by Rumhead »

I assume you're talking about Firefly and I drink it by the gallon. It's made just a few miles from my house. Try it with a dash of lemonade.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

I've been eyeing the stuff for a while now. I guessI haven't bought it yet is because of the price. Seemed a little high. But if it's really that good then......

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

Ptflea2 wrote:I've been eyeing the stuff for a while now. I guessI haven't bought it yet is because of the price. Seemed a little high. But if it's really that good then......
The price is kinda high but with good reason. Their production is very small time. Up until two months ago they were literally making it out of the barn at their vineyard. Also, the tea that use is very expensive as it is bought from the only commercial tea plantation in the US.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

firefly
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by firefly »

So that basically leaves me out of luck in the UK for trying my namesake. I'll try to track it down in the States when I am there in April.

It should be available in VA, right?

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

firefly wrote:So that basically leaves me out of luck in the UK for trying my namesake. I'll try to track it down in the States when I am there in April.

It should be available in VA, right?
My friends in the DC area say they have been seeing it there for a few months so you should be able to find it.

last_real_family_man
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by last_real_family_man »

Wow. I had (even as a southerner) always just assumed that stuff was poison. I drink vodka. I drink sweet tea. But not at the same time. I guess I should open my mind.

Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?
Conversion, not coercion!

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I got pretty drunk on it around new years. It reminded me of black tea and clear rum(for obvious reasons), but yeah, I enjoyed it.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

I'm not a big fan of a lot of things, but this shit I can get behind. We had it tonight with lemonade. Tits. Supposedly our golf course is gonna sell this mix as a John Daly this summer. Move over Arnold Palmer.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

last_real_family_man wrote:Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?
It's muscadine grape vodka steeped with tea leaves. I'm pretty sure there is a high caffeine factor in there cus I get hyper drunk then feel like total ass the next day. They also sell the vodka without the tea but (in my opinion) it tastes horrible.

last_real_family_man
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by last_real_family_man »

Rumhead wrote:
last_real_family_man wrote:Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?
It's muscadine grape vodka steeped with tea leaves. I'm pretty sure there is a high caffeine factor in there cus I get hyper drunk then feel like total ass the next day. They also sell the vodka without the tea but (in my opinion) it tastes horrible.
OK I'm in. I'll let you all know.
Conversion, not coercion!

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

i have been drinking it lately and love it. too bad it's only 70 proof.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

'Kay, looking at their site, it looks like I can get it here...

I think I have a homework assignment tomorrow.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

we saw that at the packy on saturday and kind of recoiled in horror. but 'prick, i trust your judgement. therefore, i must try and report back.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Ophelia
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Ophelia »

Rumhead wrote:I assume you're talking about Firefly and I drink it by the gallon. It's made just a few miles from my house. Try it with a dash of lemonade.
Dude! You're from my neck of the woods. I'm an island gal...Isle of Palms though, not Wadmalaw. Cheers!

And the Firefly is scary. It doesn't pack much of a proof, but it goes down too smooth on a hot day. It's sneaky good.