The perfect G&T

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

The perfect G&T

Post by Mr. »

What is your perfect recipe for a gin and tonic? I understand that it's not the most complicated recipe in the world, but I'm talking proportions, brands and such.

I like mine 1/3 bombay saphire( okay, usually it's gordon or beefeater since I'm cheap, but we're talking perfect, here), 2/3 tonic and 1/16 of a lime. Sometimes if I'm feeling adventurous and fancy I'll put a dash of angostura.
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The perfect G&T

Post by peetie44 »

Tall "rocks" glass, filled with ice, 2/5 Bombay white label, 3/5 tonic water, small, sliced lime-wedge squeezed into glass, with the pulp rubbed around the rim and lime wedge dropped into the glass, lightly stirred with index finger.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Glasgae Sam
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Glasgae Sam »

Fill highball glass 2/3 with ice. Double shot of Hendricks gin (http://www.hendricksgin.co.uk/). Add two thin sticks of cucumber (about 1 cubic centimetre wide, and maybe about half the height of the glass). Top up with chilled diet tonic water (I actually prefer the taste of diet tonic to regular). Mmmmm....
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter,
Sermons and soda water the day after.

www.drunchblog.com <- it's full of pictures of epic breakfasts made by me and my friends. That's about it.

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Blackneto »

I think it's represented in my avatar
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

Well, perfect isn't always what I drink, but my idea of perfect is something like this:

Highball full of ice
1/3 Regular Bombay
fill almost to the rim with Schweppes tonic water, from a small glass bottle
3 dashes Campari
Squeeze of lime, rubbed on the rim of the glass, and dropped in the drink

My everyday Gin and Tonic isn't much different, really, except I tend to use a lower priced gin. Gordon's is good, classic, and cheap, but Seagram's Distiller's Reserve is only a few dollars more, but is a nice 102 proof. For bitters, Angostura is a lot easier to come by than Campari, and when I'm lazy sometimes I'll skip the cut lime for a dash of Roses.

5-Star
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 5-Star »

Tanqueray, tons of ice, lots of lime.

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mr. »

Y'all add ice? I usually just keep the gin in the freezer,the tonic in the fridge and make myself smaller drinks (not weaker, smaller).

I know keeping booze in the freezer is supposed to fuck it up, I can't remember how, but hell, it's not like the bottle is going to stay there for a long while.
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone

Glasgae Sam
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Glasgae Sam »

Thing is, if you keep your gin in the freezer then what if you want to make a gin punch or something? The temperature of the gin will make the mixing go awry. Think about it - when you shake a cocktail with ice you're not only chilling it, you're adding dilution via the melting ice. If the gin in the shaker was already below freezing then it'll prevent dilution occurring to the same degree, thus messing with the end product. Of course this isn't a concern if the only thing you put in your gin is tonic! ;)
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter,
Sermons and soda water the day after.

www.drunchblog.com <- it's full of pictures of epic breakfasts made by me and my friends. That's about it.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

Half Beefeater, half tonic. Squeeze of lime or 3-5 drops of Angostura. I keep my Gin and martini glasses in the freezer, as I don't always have enough ice on hand. Though I'm down to drinking $7.99/fifth Gin at the moment, so flavor preservation isn't the biggest concern.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

When I was a poor college student, I was somewhat afraid of cheap gin. Then I had my first Gordon's martini, for about 10 bucks a fifth, and I was enlightened......like bourbon, there's no such thing as a bad gin.....

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Half gordons and half tonic on alot of ice (cubed) with biters and a squeeze of lime.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

I keep my daily gin (New Amsterdam) in the freezer and just add a few dashes of Bitters. Occasionally with lemonade if I'm feeling like a lighter drink.

Perfect G&T? Honestly tonic is too damned sweet for me. Half sapphire, half club soda, no fruit.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

rocks glass, fill half way with ice, add 3 oz of Tanq (or Gordon's if you're broke) gin, rim with lime, add juice from 1/2 lime. Top with tonic, stir, and drink
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

OmmEmerd wrote:rocks glass, fill half way with ice, add 3 oz of Tanq (or Gordon's if you're broke) gin, rim with lime, add juice from 1/2 lime. Top with tonic, stir, and drink

The first bottle of liquor I ever bought for myself (legally) was a fifth of Gordon's my second year of college, and I proceeded to spend the rest of the night chucking down Gordon's and tonics. I can't remember the next day.