What "drink" do you consider to be a sissy drink?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Curb Feeler
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: Just below concrete on the Rockwell hardness scale.

Re: What "drink" do you consider to be a sissy drink?

Post by Curb Feeler »

Southern Comfort is the most vomitous concoction I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. How anyone can drink it is beyond me. I'd rather wash my mouth out with a revolver.
Cell phones: The perfect way to keep in touch with distant friends whilst pissing off the ones sitting right next to you.

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

Curb Feeler wrote:Southern Comfort is the most vomitous concoction I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. How anyone can drink it is beyond me. I'd rather wash my mouth out with a revolver.
that's got bumper sticker written all over it.........
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

Curb Feeler
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: Just below concrete on the Rockwell hardness scale.

Post by Curb Feeler »

SoCo has even gone so far as to sell machines that automatically mix SoCo with other shit, just to make it pallatable.

The way I see it, mixers are for shitty booze. If you drink decent booze, you shouldn't have to mix with anything but saliva.
Cell phones: The perfect way to keep in touch with distant friends whilst pissing off the ones sitting right next to you.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Two Hearted wrote: HA! See what I did there? You don’t even like camping out!
i just don't see why i should have to pretend i'm homeless. and what the hell's a scary deer?
MEAT! wrote: I work upstream at the Savannah river Site (Federal Nuclear Facility)

I'd filter the hell out of it if I were you.

There's always a possibility of growing a second dick, but I'm still tryign to get my money's worth out of the first one.
see that, 2 hearted? our shit's radioactive! we don't even have regular animals anymore; they're all mutated beasts with three heads, except the mosquitos. they have five. and i bet you don't even have sand gnats up there. i guess i woulnd't mind camping out if it was as easy as you've got it.

and yeah, if you can't handle tequila, rum will do. ;)
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Wingman wrote: see that, 2 hearted? our shit's radioactive! we don't even have regular animals anymore; they're all mutated beasts with three heads, except the mosquitos. they have five. and i bet you don't even have sand gnats up there. i guess i woulnd't mind camping out if it was as easy as you've got it.

and yeah, if you can't handle tequila, rum will do. ;)
Damn, I guess those sand gnats could be rather vexing for you while you are lounging out on the beach, soaking in some rays and sipping your fruity umbrella drinks, eh?
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Count Silvio
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Count Silvio »

ivegotballsofsteel wrote:You're okay in my book if you drink the following. Bourbon, Scotch, Gin, Vodka, Tequila, Beer.
No Brandy & Cognac, rum or what about moonshine? What if it is pink vodka or pink gin?

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Two Hearted wrote: Damn, I guess those sand gnats could be rather vexing for you while you are lounging out on the beach, soaking in some rays and sipping your fruity umbrella drinks, eh?
nah, the ocean breezes keep them off the beach. other than that, yeah, you've pretty much nailed my idea of "camping out."

oh, by the way: http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/i ... nking.html
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Emperor Awesome
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Emperor Awesome »

I'd say vodka is girly by principle, as it's the only liquor nightclub bartenders are aware of. It loses its girly status so long as it's taken straight.
I'm not trying to call some monster cossack bear-wrestler a sissy or anything.

True story: early on in our relationship, my girlfriend and I had a huge fight cause I walked away from her group of friends when I was asked to get one of them some neon blue drink when I was making a trip to a bar. I imagine hell as a nightclub.

Although, on the subject of girly drinks, I do have a confession to make. I routinely send said girlfriend to the store to buy mike's hard lemonade. I love the shit outta lemonade, so I figure I might as well get a buzz while I'm using precious stomach space for it.
"I need a hundred beers...exactly one hundred, thank you."
-Nathan Explosion

"Does whiskey count as beer?"
-Homer Simpson

"Swaggering about in a garish new hat he seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner, I have a new hat.'"

"I am getting so drunk when we get paid for this."
-Sydney, Fallout 3

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

5-Star wrote:"... and mines a babycham"
- Vivian Bastard
love it. Gonna spend the next hour or so looking up young ones on you tube...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

itwastakensoblowme
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

The 10 Unmanliest Drinks In The World

Post by itwastakensoblowme »

Found this on the web. http://tastybooze.com/2008/05/the-10-un ... the-world/

A couple of weeks ago Holy Taco put together a list of the 11 manliest cocktails in the world. We thought we would take it the other way and put together a list of the ten drinks you shouldn’t be caught dead with. Whether you are out with the boys or trying to scam on some ladies there is no excuse to be sipping anyone of these unmanly drinks.

Wine Spritzer - First off what the fuck is a spritzer? Secondly why would any man that has a pair be caught dead with one?

Apple-tini - If you are man and you are holding a martini glass the liquid inside better be clear or brown not neon fuck green. Basically you shouldn’t drink anything that has a “-tini” in the drink name. Apple-tini, Choco-tini, etc.

Blow Job Shot - This is a classic shot of choice for bachelorette parties and girls-night-out activities. If a man is caught taking one of these shots, it either means that he has lost a bet, gay, or in the process of a sex-change.

Vodka w/ Cranberry Juice - “It’s a natural diuretic. My girlfriend drinks it when she’s got her period. What, do you got your period?” – The Departed

Mike’s Hard Anything - There is nothing hard about any of these drinks, they are fruit flavored sugar bombs. Just because they sell them at sporting events doesn’t make them acceptable.

Water - If you need a break then man up and drink a Bud Light like everybody else.

Michelob Ultra - There is no such thing as a beer that goes with working out. If you are going to drink a beer, drink a fucking beer and don’t be a goddamn sissy.

Anything with Diet Coke - I don’t care if you are mixing it with rum or JD, there is nothing manly about announcing to the entire bar that you are watching your calorie intake.
Zima w/ Jolly Rancher - This was the favorite drink of the high school chicks back in my day. Enough said.

Cosmopolitan - a good rule is that if the ladies on Sex and the City drink it there is no excuse for you to have one in your hand.

Mad Lion
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: The 10 Unmanliest Drinks In The World

Post by Mad Lion »

Of those on the list, I've tried a few.

Mike's Hard Lemonade: Tastes like lemonade, but you can't get drunk on it. I pounded 6 and just got a headache and a stomach ache.

Water: I've had a few cups of water before at a bar... nothing wrong with staying hydrated, provided you keep drinking booze.

Michelob Ultra: I agree, fuck this shit. Coors light is low calorie and at least sorta tastes like a beer. Better yet, drink Sam Adams light. It's actually pretty good.

Vodka and Cranberry: I don't drink this hardly ever, but it does taste pretty good if you like cranberries.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

To be honest, the mood I'm in now I'd drink any of those. And water is essential tomorrow morning...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I feel like it's acceptable to order a water to go with your double whiskey. I like to stay hydrated, and when I'm drinking I'll generally gulp down some H2O in between booze when I'm having a big night.

Otherwise, I generally order what's cheap and on tap (Miller, PBR, Lonestar), whiskey, or gin and tonics. Perhaps the gin and tonic moves a little toward the girly side, but it's like drinking booze candy so I'll keep downing them.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

vodka is a stealth type spirit. plus it is unisex in my opinion..
james bond drank vodka martinis

Mad Lion
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Mad Lion »

It's actually pretty irresponsible to suggest that people drinking water are pussies. I mean, our bodies are 70%+ water, we need to drink it! Especially us boozers, helps avoid hangovers. I can drink MORE if I stay hydrated, to, because I feel better.