Drunkard Implements

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Drunkard Implements

Post by ElvisStelth »

I have a "drinking knife". It was made by the ruthless swiss army and has both a cap lifter and a corkscrew. This is perfect for party mode because it allows me to free whatever alcohol is handy. Mine is both utilitarian as well as ceremonial. When I put it in my pocket I know good times are sure to follow. Does anyone else have a drinking utensil such as mine? Perhaps it's a bottle opener on a keychain or an enchanted coozie. Maybe it's a mug of power or a collapsing shot glass. (is there such a thing?) Please share your experiences/tales now. Thank you in advance.
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Drunkard Implements

Post by drunkensooner »

Check out the Knifieforkiespoon. It is taking over.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

drunkensooner wrote:Check out the Knifieforkiespoon. It is taking over.
Is that a website or an incantation?
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

have a bevkey on my keychain. opens bottles. it has a gripper for twist-offs, but i've never used it. it even has a slot for cans, but i can't see the point in that, either.

there is such a thing as a collapsible shot glass. try camping stores.

keep a bartender's church key in my car, along with a corkscrew.

badfellow had a thread along the lines of, "drunkards, get your gear," or somesuch, that may be interesting to you.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

ElvisStelth wrote:
drunkensooner wrote:Check out the Knifieforkiespoon. It is taking over.
Is that a website or an incantation?
It's what dreams are made of.

In other words it's some useless piece of crap invented by the minds of the inebriated.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Bottle opener on my keychain, several in my gig-bag (one on a lanyard) and a bottle opener in the bill of a "gimme" cap.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

Wingman wrote: badfellow had a thread along the lines of, "drunkards, get your gear," or somesuch, that may be interesting to you.
Thanks for the tip.
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

'the fridge' freezable koozies are great

everyone should have a magnetic bottle opener on their fridge...old fashioned kind..utilitarian silver with a chunky magnet.

i love my restaraunt supply professional twist peeler.

i have my dads' old 'tap boy' opener on the back porch..thing is 45 years old and rusted but still performs its' duties.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

I have a collapsable shot glass - the only thing is remembering not to collapse it with brandy still inside...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

I have bottle openers in nearly every room of my house, including 2 wall mounted ones.
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

felinamojokitty wrote: everyone should have a magnetic bottle opener on their fridge...old fashioned kind..utilitarian silver with a chunky magnet.
check.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

ElvisStelth wrote:I have a "drinking knife". It was made by the ruthless swiss army and has both a cap lifter and a corkscrew.
You have a knife that drinks? Do you have any idea how much money you could make off that? The talk show circuit, circuses, fuggedaboutit! I can't imagine his tolerance would be any great shakes, but still, he's a knife. And he drinks. Which is more than we can say about those Quakers in MADD and AA!

When he gets stewed does he get all annoying and remind you of his "rapier" wit and how "cutting edge" he is?

Does he claim to be a badass 'cuz Bobby Darin sang about "Mack The Knife" and not Mack The Fork? He probably does. You know how knives can be.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

ElvisStelth
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ElvisStelth »

NYDingbat wrote:
ElvisStelth wrote:I have a "drinking knife". It was made by the ruthless swiss army and has both a cap lifter and a corkscrew.
You have a knife that drinks? Do you have any idea how much money you could make off that? The talk show circuit, circuses, fuggedaboutit! I can't imagine his tolerance would be any great shakes, but still, he's a knife. And he drinks. Which is more than we can say about those Quakers in MADD and AA!

When he gets stewed does he get all annoying and remind you of his "rapier" wit and how "cutting edge" he is?

Does he claim to be a badass 'cuz Bobby Darin sang about "Mack The Knife" and not Mack The Fork? He probably does. You know how knives can be.
You write of him as if you know him!
Get a haircut, HIPPY!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I also have this cigar-tube/flask combo w/ a collapsable shot glass.
Attachments
PC240004.jpg
PC240004.jpg (175.65 KiB) Viewed 873 times
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

i got my brother the cigar tube/flask combo for christmas a few years back. I of course have my flask, and for a time about 10 years ago, i used to wear an antique church key around my neck, just in case.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.