Please define "Irish pub"

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

User avatar
peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10390
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Belgium, Austin TX, SoCal, Branson MO, Cape Cod MA

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by peetie44 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm

"Irish Pub"

A place you visit ONLY when in Ireland.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
Dear Booze
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by Dear Booze » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 am

Yes, it is a stereotype that the Irish people are drunks. This whole thread is borderline racist. Highly offensive. OVER THE LINE!
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a drunk man tortilla chips, Velveeta and a hair dryer and he has nachos.

User avatar
peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 10390
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Belgium, Austin TX, SoCal, Branson MO, Cape Cod MA

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by peetie44 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 am

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 am
Yes, it is a stereotype that the Irish people are drunks. This whole thread is borderline racist. Highly offensive. OVER THE LINE!
"Mark it zero, Dude..."
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
DrunkAgain
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: ...on a mission from GOD
Contact:

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by DrunkAgain » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 am

An "Irish Pub" is ANY bar that will still serve me.
Bourbon is like a sweater you wear on the inside.
~unknown MDM'er

Everyone needs a bit o' ass love.
~Liz (RIP)

Image

User avatar
benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by benitobeast69 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 pm

I remember going to an "English pub" when over in the states...it couldn't have been further from the fact. I assume like most things outside of their place of origin they are just fake generic versions....like there is a shitty pizza place near me called NYC pizza. I seriously doubt they are giving new York pizzerias a run for their money. hah. that being said I had a great night in the fake English pub. I held court at the bar schooling everyone as to what was wrong with the place (in relation to it being an English pub) aside from all that bullshit though the true makings of both a british boozer can be hard to define...you know one of youre in one. I guess it's a bit like what you yankies say about dive bars vs fake dives that have been made to look like dives for a hipster cliental. it shouldn't have stools all the way along the bar though...one or two at most..we stand to drink or prop the bar up.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by Artful Drunktective » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:10 pm

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 pm
I remember going to an "English pub" when over in the states...it couldn't have been further from the fact. I assume like most things outside of their place of origin they are just fake generic versions....like there is a shitty pizza place near me called NYC pizza. I seriously doubt they are giving new York pizzerias a run for their money. hah. that being said I had a great night in the fake English pub. I held court at the bar schooling everyone as to what was wrong with the place (in relation to it being an English pub) aside from all that bullshit though the true makings of both a british boozer can be hard to define...you know one of youre in one. I guess it's a bit like what you yankies say about dive bars vs fake dives that have been made to look like dives for a hipster cliental. it shouldn't have stools all the way along the bar though...one or two at most..we stand to drink or prop the bar up.
Fake English pub. HA! That's great!

In one establishment I frequented...there were bar stools but they were either missing the seat like the cushion part or missing the stool altogether with nothing more than a hole in the floor. The ones that were still standing were ripped and cracked leather.
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by gede » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 am

Irish pubs seem quasi-legitimate here as almost everyone white person in Aus seems to have some sort of ancestral tie to the green land, myself included. Pubs seem to be defined by headache inducing carpet and an insidious damp. Needs more smoke though for true authenticity (wait, can you still smoke inside in Ireland?)

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9569
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by oettinger » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:35 am

gede wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 am
(wait, can you still smoke inside in Ireland?)
No, not to my knowledge
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by benitobeast69 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:43 pm

you cannot..the whole eu has popped that cherry I think
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9569
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Please define "Irish pub"

Post by oettinger » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:47 pm

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:43 pm
you cannot..the whole eu has popped that cherry I think
Another good reason for brexit. Turn the UK into a sleazy drug dealing topless dive, again
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

Post Reply