WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

Post Reply
User avatar
Artful Drunktective
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Posts: 2529
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
Location: Yautja Prime

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Artful Drunktective » Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Patchez wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Free booze.


White cheddar or yellow cheddar?
The whites like Walter Sobchek's dirty undies.
Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this.
I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!- Withnail


Image

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8351
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Badfellow » Sat May 18, 2019 11:22 am

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:22 am
Savage wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:26 am
Grumpy's pizza is killer. I like the pepperoni one...
True to say, I'm a bit of a pepperoni purist. Artful Detective has been know to quiz folks on their favorite pizza toppings, to which my default reply is extra pep, extra cheese. A good, spicy sausage is a wondrous thing too.

But it is also good to branch out into some of the more esoteric of preserved meats when crafting your own pie at home. Jamon serrano, prosciutto, capicola, they're all in the winners column. Though the one thing you don't want to do is overload a pizza with too much meat; it's a fine line to walk. I also like to embed a little fresh marjoram in with the cheese, that and the thinly sliced garlic they were talking about in the movie Goodfellas. Que bella!
Well la-di-freakin'-da aren't you the Martha Stewart of pizza making with your marjoram, esoteric preserved meats, and pepperoni snobbery. It's kind of like the time you used the word "ganache". You are probably one of those avocado toast eaters like the millenials, am I wrong?
Yes. You are all sorts of wrong. I eat my avocados in the form of guac-mole and put peanut butter on my toast, but not in my avocados.

C'mon, don't hate me because I have taste in the more esoteric of preserved meats. I once drove 200 miles just to pick up some smoked hams. Have YOU ever driven 200 miles just to pick up some smoked hams? Didn't think so, smarty britches. Maybe you'll think of that the next time you go dissin' on my pepperoni snobbery, yo.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 8351
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Inside the Ethyl Molecule

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Badfellow » Sat May 18, 2019 11:24 am

Patchez wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm
White cheddar or yellow cheddar?

All cheddars matter.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9868
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by oettinger » Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Yellow fo sho.

I`d drive 200 miles for BFs leftover ham in the trashbin

Would you rather,

no night or no day
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by scream ale » Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Patchez wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Free booze.


White cheddar or yellow cheddar?
As long as the free booze is whiskey and the cheddar is the sharpest available that's all that matters.
Image

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12282
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sat May 18, 2019 9:58 pm

White cheddar

WYR...
fuck your mom or a wild gorilla?
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5343
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Patchez » Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:58 pm
White cheddar

WYR...
fuck your mom or a wild gorilla?
Gotta go with the gorilla. Less hair
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12282
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sat May 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Patchez wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:58 pm
White cheddar

WYR...
fuck your mom or a wild gorilla?
Gotta go with the gorilla. Less hair
You better be suave.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6471
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by mistah willies » Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 am

oettinger wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 pm
I`d drive 200 miles for BFs leftover ham in the trashbin

Would you rather,

no night or no day
Badfellow would probably use all the scraps and the bone for split pea soup: use every party of the kill.

No night or no day?
Well, I've seen images of the sun.
It's yellow, right?

But I've never seen images of the dark. Is that even possible?
I'll go for that choice.

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9868
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by oettinger » Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 am

mistah willies wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 am

But I've never seen images of the dark. Is that even possible?
Use flashlight
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by scream ale » Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 am
Savage wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:26 am
There is nothing appetizing about looking at the mess that produced your meal, while you are eating said meal.
We both disappear to other rooms in front of our Laptops to eat


Would you rather:

Never pay taxes again

Never have to pay for booze again
I'm used to paying taxes, I'm less familiar with free booze. I'd rather keep paying taxes and save money on free delicious bourbon. Or Irish. Or scotch. Or rye. Or beer. Or...
Image

User avatar
mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Posts: 6471
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: A ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM
Contact:

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by mistah willies » Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 pm

oettinger wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 am
mistah willies wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 am

But I've never seen images of the dark. Is that even possible?
Use flashlight
Hmmmm... is there a blackout drink called "torch" or "flashlight " in the recipe books?

Now on the hunt...

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5343
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Patchez » Mon May 20, 2019 11:25 pm

mistah willies wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 pm


Hmmmm... is there a blackout drink called "flashlight " in the recipe books?

Now on the hunt...
Which also brings the question to mind, is there a drink called the Fleshlight?

Also on the hunt....
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 24799
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:16 am
Location: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Savage » Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 am

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 am
Savage wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:26 am
There is nothing appetizing about looking at the mess that produced your meal, while you are eating said meal.
We both disappear to other rooms in front of our Laptops to eat


Would you rather:

Never pay taxes again

Never have to pay for booze again
Can't we have both?
like tears in rain

User avatar
Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 24799
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:16 am
Location: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Re: WOULD YOU RATHER... ... a game of sorts

Post by Savage » Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am

Badfellow wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:22 am
Savage wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:26 am
Grumpy's pizza is killer. I like the pepperoni one...
True to say, I'm a bit of a pepperoni purist. Artful Detective has been know to quiz folks on their favorite pizza toppings, to which my default reply is extra pep, extra cheese. A good, spicy sausage is a wondrous thing too.

But it is also good to branch out into some of the more esoteric of preserved meats when crafting your own pie at home. Jamon serrano, prosciutto, capicola, they're all in the winners column. Though the one thing you don't want to do is overload a pizza with too much meat; it's a fine line to walk. I also like to embed a little fresh marjoram in with the cheese, that and the thinly sliced garlic they were talking about in the movie Goodfellas. Que bella!
Yep, too much meat is too much of a good thing. Throw some pepperoncinis with the pepperoni, that's good. And classic mozz is great, but throw some extra sharp cheddar in there for tang. We recently moved into a house with a shit range. It doesn't even clean itself! OMG. I didn't even know they make those things anymore. So, I am waiting for my backordered range. I don't get it until sometime in June. When it finally does arrive, I might throw together a pizza--if Grumpy doesn't interrupt me. Hah! That's it. I will threaten to make a pizza, his pride will be piqued, and he will make one of his incredible pies. I will make the bourbon and beer run. Of course, being a man, he will expect much genuflection and praise paeans. Yeah, yeah yeah. Your are the king of pizza. You're mmmph chew mmmph
like tears in rain

Post Reply