Getting Drunk on Beer.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Getting Drunk on Beer.

Post by Miklo »

Everyone can get drunk off beer, its just a matter of time. When you go from drinking the hard stuff to beer your tolerance is increased and it takes you longer to get there. When I'm at home I drink my liquor straight or with 1 ice cube. When I'm working around the house ill drink beer because I can drink it all day. By the time I'm done with my work I'm feeling pretty good. If I go to the bar, I drink more than those I go with, ill start with something hard then finish with several beers. Beer is about the party, its about prolonging the experience. Taking your time to get drunk and enjoying every moment. If it takes you 10, 18, or 20 beers to get drunk then that’s a good party. That’s all night having a good time.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

personally when i drink beer i prefer to do it on an empty stomach, it just takes too damn many to get me where i want to be if i've eaten before hand. i love liquor, bourbon especially, but beer drinkin is a special thing. probably my favorite hobby.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

~3L M3R0 CH1NG0N~ wrote:Taking your time to get drunk and enjoying every moment. If it takes you 10, 18, or 20 beers to get drunk then that’s a good party. That’s all night having a good time.
This thing's a marathon, not a sprint.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

yer doin' it wrong dexter, you bot motherfucker

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Gauge Macfearson
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: My personal note to beer.....

Post by Gauge Macfearson »

MEAT! wrote:My personal note to beer:

For me, beer is a happy friend. I've had my times of being drunk on beer and beer alone before. Largely when I was younger and could only get ahold of beer. But like it's been said, beer requires, effort, dedication, and time too work it's magic. That works fine by itself but unfortunatley I'm lazy, uncommitted, and fucking impatient.

Beer to me is always my right hand drink. I'll put anything in my left hand throughout the night, be it a shot of liquor, a jager-bomb, a margarita, a bite of food, basically any thing that'll fit in my mouth. But my right hand is reserved for beer and beer will be there. Beer doesn't do the job alone anymore, but it controls the flow and the night. It's my chaser. It's my intake manager. It stays always there to keep my right hand company and go up to my mouth when I want a drink. Beer is not a frontline drink for me. But it's the main drink. I'll always vary liquors, shots, mixers, and drinks. But I'll always have a beer and I'll have plenty of it on hand.

I'm sorry I'm a failure at getting drunk on beer alone nowadays. But it's not beer's fault, it's mine. I'm a failure to beer. But I'd like to thank beer for always being there for me. For being my right-hand drink. For being my constant companion. For always filling my mouth and stomach with it's familiar taste no matter what god-forsakin shit I put in it with my left. Beer, you are great. I wish I could devote an entire drunk to you and only you now because frankly, you deserve it. But alas, I'm not enough of a man. Thank you beer for tolerating me anyway.
Concur.
This post is the ...

Definition of ELOQUENT

1: marked by forceful and fluent expression <an eloquent preacher>
2: vividly or movingly expressive or revealing <an eloquent monument>
— el·o·quent·ly adverb
Eloquence (from Latin eloquentia) is fluent, forcible, elegant or persuasive speaking. It is primarily the power of expressing strong emotions in striking and appropriate language, thereby producing conviction or persuasion. The term is also used for writing in a fluent style.

Incidentally, I have been quite Drunkend by Beer on it's own many times in my life and each and every trip was an experience onto it'self... some of which I can even remember.

Insert A. Username
Souse
Souse

Post by Insert A. Username »

"Getting drunk on beer; IT'S TECHNICALLY POSSIBLE!"

Should the industry ever need a slogan...

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Some of my roughest mornings were the result of drinking superstrong beer.

Victory makes a Trippel-style ale called Golden Monkey that's about 10-12% and delicious and one night I was sucking that down like Miller Lite on a hot day. Oof. And, I had been scuba diving earlier, so my system was kinda out of whack anyway.

Truly, this is not a lifestyle for wussies.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Milspec »

recipe for getting drunk off beer: drink a beer, repeat.

In my salad days I drank beer almost exclusively and never failed to get where i was going. For me an empty stomach produces the best results. I like cheap beer, staggering steely with beast or pbr allows for both a heightened and maintained buzz. Now that I'm older booze and beer do go hand in hand. But at home or in town I'm always up for an old fashioned stein hoist.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"

clayantony
Tippler
Tippler

Post by clayantony »

great advice,i've ruined plenty a good drinking session with late night food that fills my belly too much.
"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do"~Dylan Thomas

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

drink beer I drink it like there is no tomorrow I set out to get drunk If run out I get more beer I move up to 24 oz
sometimes there is a place that sell them 15 pack 18.86 of Busch 19.81 for 12 oz I hit the hard I don't eat that much just snack as drinking beer.IF I eat a lot when I drink beer I got to take a dump and a half

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I love to get trashed on beer fun for the whole family watching me slamming beer Stumbling around the house.

MikeNZ
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by MikeNZ »

With winter coming on over here,
I've found that chopping and stacking firewood gives you the meanest beer appetite ever.
You build up a decent sort of a sweat, have a nice hot shower then it's into it.
Nothing like the satisfaction of having cut wood in the shed and sitting down to a few cold ones.
Go hard or go home!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

MikeNZ wrote:With winter coming on over here,
I've found that chopping and stacking firewood gives you the meanest beer appetite ever.
You build up a decent sort of a sweat, have a nice hot shower then it's into it.
Nothing like the satisfaction of having cut wood in the shed and sitting down to a few cold ones.
where you been?

"chopping wood warms you twice."

have you not discovered the shower beer?

cheers, kiwi!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Really, guys, you should drink Belgian trappist beers, preferrably the trippels. God and Peetie know it's not hard to get drunk on them.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

This just in...

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be