Two New Ryes, Well One is Just New to Me

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Two New Ryes, Well One is Just New to Me

Post by Bluto »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Yes, the Bulleit is good, but for the price I'm sticking with OO.
I still haven't tried the Wild Turkey Rye. I've looked at every store in three counties but the stuff cannot be found. Nobody drinks rye around here but me I guess.

The Wild turkey Rye is good stuff. It costs less than Bulleit and has all the WT kick. Most days for me, though, it's OO if I'm having rye. It fits in budget. I'll throw a bottle of Jim Beam Rye in every once in a very great while just for some variety, but the OO is my standard.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Two New Ryes, Well One is Just New to Me

Post by The Limey »

Patchez wrote:I've seen the Willet Reserve at my favorite candy store. Any thoughts, other than just good? Buy at all costs or more you'll enjoy it when you get to it.
ivan wrote:Just got a bottle from my wife last week.

Go out and fucking buy it right now, is my advice. 110 proof, and entirely too smooth for that strength. Makes an absolutely perfect Manhattan. It's seriously phenomenal.
Do as Ivan says. It's yet another top notch Rye. I have a second bottle. I LOVE it.