devil cider

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

devil cider

Post by Mr. Viking »

yes it's cheap, yes, it's easy to make, yes it can be delicious, but I'm convinced it's a quick way to the grave
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: devil cider

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:yes it's cheap, yes, it's easy to make, yes it can be delicious, but I'm convinced it's a quick way to the grave
This invites further inquiry, young friend. The grave is the undeniable destination, but the enjoyment of the path is the art of the Drunkard.

Do go on...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

it has a very low ph which rots your teeth
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:it has a very low ph which rots your teeth

Then a splash of base is indicated, to balance the acidity.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

My grandpa made a scrumpy that would pretend to be your friend all night until you tried to stand up. Then it would kick the shit out of you. Wonderful stuff.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

well I did think I was fine, until I tried to stand up, toppled into a pile of bottles and bent the headphone socket on my new computer

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Mr. Viking wrote:well I did think I was fine, until I tried to stand up, toppled into a pile of bottles and bent the headphone socket on my new computer
Sounds like you hit the scrumpy sweet spot. If Neil Hannon wrote songs about scrumpy, my name could well have been different. I'd hate to have to choose between which I love more - gin or cider.

Oh wait, with the Crystal Lolly I don't have to. That's the next drink sorted...
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I just found a jug that had my cider in it a few weeks ago (I've been away). It smells of mulch