Afternoon Delight

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Afternoon Delight

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bur wrote:I have several times walked half a mile to shop in my bathrobe, sandals and a beer. Before noon, feels good man.
This man deserves a medal!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Miklo wrote:
tdcwillies wrote:
Blackneto wrote:why yes I am drinking my box wine out of a coffee mug. Why do you ask?
Indeed, I held the shame of drinking in the morning.
There is "shame" in the morning drink?
Indeed, good man, I held the shame of the morning drink.

When one is up in the early hours after inhaling copious amounts of intoxicants, the paranoia of desert dust may afford one the itchy feeling that there are spyglasses about.

Best thing is to act natural, sip from the calming soup mug of dark brew, hold a delicious Camel in one hand, and a trembly pulp rag in the other, feet propped up.

Furtive glances about the shrubbery for the snipers.

And then a slow, confident walk back into the sanctity of the friendly faces and the mirror that peers upward.

Is it a line, or a queue that awaited?

Mmmm. Memories.

But now, I have a new consort of cohorts with which to share my own tales of debauchery, and it feels damn fine.

Cheers
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

vodkanaut
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkanaut »

Out of the bottle.

I almost always drink for effect, so why slow the process by including a middle-man. On my way to a hotel room for an "afternoon delight" right now. Bottle of Pussers rum and six Spaten Octoberfest.

I especially love being drunk during the day. Everyone else is out doing some activity or attending an event. It feels great to sit there and pour it in and let everything else go to shit.
"Do you believe in the here after? Then you now know what I'm here after". Henry Rollins