Drunk Types, and the Closing Of Memories

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Drunk Types, and the Closing Of Memories

Post by steved2112 »

I'll keep this short. I realize it could quickly spiral into a lengthy exploration; that is the task of the conglomerate.

Mostly I am the pondering drunk - savoring each sip, and valuing my ability to maintain through each step towards oblivion.

Occasionally I am the party drunk, slovenly sloughing off sentience via sordid servings of spirits. Laughing all the way - often in good company, but often as a solo act, to be apologized for later in a convincingly sincere tone.

Today I am the hidden drunk. The hidden drunk is drunk because he used impending grief as a reason to knock down a few in private. The task of maintaining, despite the call of the booze, is a fine distraction as one confronts some of life's more painful realities. Such as wishing a loved one from days long ago a happy journey into the hereafter.

Off we go.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Drunk Types, and the Closing Of Memories

Post by Wingman »

usually nostalgic. here's to your companion.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

I'm generally a more philosophical drunk though I can get snappish depending what I'm drinking and if I'm around assholes or people critical of drinking.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I usually become obnoxious and eschew any plans of reverence I may have planned whenever I go to a wake or funeral. I believe that death, like birth, is bereft of dignity
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

vodkanaut
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkanaut »

It depends on my mood, which has many influences. I'm going to get drunk regardless of the mood, so the type of drunk will be pleasant or otherwise and I just deal with it when I get there. If i start and I feel good, I'll seek out people and light and music. If I feel introspective or dark, I'll seek out a solitary room and haul my ball and chain alone.
"Do you believe in the here after? Then you now know what I'm here after". Henry Rollins