Drinking in public

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Drinking in public

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:I got told off for drinking in the street last night. The police even stole my brother's beer. Bastards. Did let us go on our way though
Most UK cities now have "No Public Drinking" zones (which makes a mockery of the supposed continental cafe society drinking that our politicians aspire for us to emulate). Fortunately, these zones fall under Civil Law (rather than Criminal Law), which means that the cops can seize your booze but not arrest you, as long as you behave sensibly and give them no cause.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

even worse, in scotland, excluding edinburgh, it is illegal to drink on the street at any time (except for, according to the officers, new years eve). My brother got caught out because last time he had been over for a new year's street party before so assumed that being on the mainland it would be civilized. Apparently not
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

tdcwillies wrote:
Tattooed White Trash wrote:i drink any damn where i please. fuck em'

Yup.

Anywhere I choose.
Oh man ... Tattooed White Trash ... You have NO idea ........
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

coqui_chris wrote:
Jaime wrote:
slipperyyoke wrote:In Pennsylvania; they shoot your ass.
That would be Eastern Penn or downtown Philly. Now, in, Conshohocken, PA, a white guy can get away with it...
If you don't know how to pull it off yet, this is where I teach you how to utilize what I call the "claw method." Basically, you have to cup the beer in your palm right at your waist/hip level. You cup it with your forearm to the front, so that from the front, nobody walking towards you can see it. And as they pass you, you can simply employ the pivot-method.
Sheeeiiiittt, I had to use the claw method the other night when we were eating dinner at the bar and then my son and I went in the main room to make the rounds and because he likes to dance and entertain everyone.

Well he takes a shit and my lady has to change him, and its my duty to take the diaper out into the alley. Goddamned if the door doesn't lock behind me, so around the block I went. Stay classy.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Once back in DC I was at a house party that ran out of beer. It was after hours so I led a contingent of serious boozers back to my place for whiskey and eggs. Luckily, I found a tallboy at the back of the fridge and managed to cup it against my body through my blazer while stumbling down the more well-lit portions of the street. It pays to booze in style.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

My brother has always been an inspiration to me. just after christmas he was over visiting. He wouldn't let me leave the pub without a full pint in my hand. as we made our way home I drank mine and he drank his. Halfway home he threw his at the new lenticular or whatever it is house of ourlord. Both of us have suffered since from good luck. Thankfully the Police didn't meet us that night
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I'm not one who has ever been lucky in the monetary manner, but I have found that I can be saved from the ugly Demon known as Dry.

Finding a pounder at the rear of a fridge before an excursion from a deadening house party is great.

Keeping it for yourself is the art of the True Drunkard, when you are heading off to feed whiskey and eggs to the other Mighty Warriors in your own home.

One must always fuel ones' self to keep the party going, J McC

Nicely done
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze