Tequila and sprite ... brought to you by frugality

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Tequila and sprite ... brought to you by frugality

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

So the Mrs. and I have been a little pound-foolish lately so we both resolved to curtail spending until we've built the war chest back up. Unfortunately, this also means that we're getting down to the dregs in the old liquor cabinet. I don't really drink tequila but we had a bottle of Cuervo gold from when someone came over wanting margaritas, so in need of a cocktail and with nothing else around, I made a highball with it and some sprite (well, diet sierra mist, to be technical).

Actually not bad, Cuervo gold has a little scotch-like smokiness that compliments the citrus rather nicely. Perhaps a pinch of salt and you have the ultimate poor-mans fizzy-rita.

Cheers to you guys, see you back in the land of the solvent real soon.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Tequila and sprite ... brought to you by frugality

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Necessity is the mother of invention, as Plato put it (in The Republic, Book II; if anyone is interested/cares).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Necessity has yet to beget vermouth on the rocks. Hopefully it won't come to that.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Necessity has yet to beget vermouth on the rocks. Hopefully it won't come to that.
I think vermouth strained through some sort of citrus fruit would be good, i.e. poke a funnel in one end or something
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Try tequila and squirt, much better.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

My dad used to love squirt, he'd polish off a 2-liter in a day. Never liked it myself, but maybe now that I'm old and can mix tequila into it, perhaps it's worth a revisit.

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

Tequila mixes well with ginger beer, i don't mean ginger ale, but root ginger beer.

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

Sayin' that, i acknowledge anything mixes well with ginger beer.