Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

Post by oettinger »

A cereal-sized box of astronaut vodka and some canned beans
Drink!

Earl
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Earl »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:00 pm
BTW, I once wrote an essay titled The Art of Solo Drinking and Dear Booze published it on his website: https://dearboozecocktales.blogspot.com ... nking.html
Beauty of an essay, Hugh. Inspiration for tonight's mission.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Well, I took an UBER across the bridge to SF, started at Spec's, had some Whiskey, and then hit up La Petit Paris, for a couple of Petruses, a great sour beer, then I had a couple of Whiskeys at Vesuvio, then went back over the bridge to Merchant's in O-Town

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

You never talk solo with a healthy dose of PCP

Why is LSD on sugar-cubes?
' Cause salt would taste like shit
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Need to save money to buy some new furniture, so staying in this weekend. The house is well stocked and I am ready for some proper drinking.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Stendhal wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:29 pm
Need to save money to buy some new furniture, so staying in this weekend. The house is well stocked and I am ready for some proper drinking.
Very well then. Pull out a notebook and a pen and write a couple of poems while you're sitting there. Or a story. Or an essay. Make the most of solitude.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Only problem with that is I have zero talent when it comes to writing poetry or fiction. My drunken posts on this could be considered a journal of sorts?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Larkin in an interview with the Paris Review: "My life is as simple as I can make it. Work all day, cook, eat, wash up, telephone, hack writing, drink, television in the evenings. I almost never go out. I suppose everyone tries to ignore the passing of time: some people by doing a lot, being in California one year and Japan the next; or there’s my way—making every day and every year exactly the same. Probably neither works."

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Of course, to read an entire Paris Review article, you must hand over the lucre. They are sly about it, they let you get to the most interesting part of the story, cut you off, and ask you to subscribe. Bah. But before I was cut off, Larkin spoke of writing only a couple hours a day and then playing cards all night at a club in Belfast. How do you think an Englishman would have fared in Belfast, drinking and playing cards? Well, he was never murdered by the IRA, so I guess he did all right.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

That quote proves Larkin almost passes blessing on solitary drinkers, which is fitting. Larkin loved half a bottle of port for breakfast.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

The closest thing I have ever had to port was home-fermeneted wine. Would guess it was about 40 proof. Can tell you that drinking more than two bottles an evening was a recipe for a multi-day hangover.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Stendhal wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:04 am
The closest thing I have ever had to port was home-fermeneted wine. Would guess it was about 40 proof. Can tell you that drinking more than two bottles an evening was a recipe for a multi-day hangover.
I had some before. They warned me. It wasn`t bad, I was already drunk though. I couldn`t pinpoint the hangover on that particular bottle of port in the end
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

Guten abend Oettinger.
I don't know if it's right or wrong but I do believe many of us men admire other men when the guy can hold a lot of drinking.
I admire you Oettinger.

So I understood you're a vodka man... Your streetname should be Vodkaman. Please Oettinger tell me what your consumption is. It is truly an ART to get hammered and you got it! What is your typical vodka and booze day on a tuesday for instance and the the whole week?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:45 pm
Guten abend Oettinger.
I don't know if it's right or wrong but I do believe many of us men admire other men when the guy can hold a lot of drinking.
I admire you Oettinger.

So I understood you're a vodka man... Your streetname should be Vodkaman. Please Oettinger tell me what your consumption is. It is truly an ART to get hammered and you got it! What is your typical vodka and booze day on a tuesday for instance and the the whole week?
I am a weekend warrior. During workdays I might have some cold evening beers but it`s usually friday noon to sunday midnight no holds barred.
Me and AD buy two six-packs of 0.7 liter vodka bottles for the weekend. Now you do the math
Drink!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:58 am
Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:45 pm
Guten abend Oettinger.
I admire you Oettinger.

I am a weekend warrior. During workdays I might have some cold evening beers but it`s usually friday noon to sunday midnight no holds barred.
Me and AD buy two six-packs of 0.7 liter vodka bottles for the weekend. Now you do the math
Woaw! Über alles- impressive man! But how do you deal with being a functioning professional and hide your hangover on Monday mornings to bosses and colleagues? How do you deal with the day after anxiety?
Myself, after these three days of drinking for instance, I won't be normal before next Thursday and there will be a lot of swimming and anxious evenings before the "I feel great! Let's have a drink!".