Absinthe and drug tests

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Absinthe and drug tests

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

I have asked Palinka about this before but i have been wondering if absinthe would show up on the standard US drug test. I am wondering this because I have a friend who I wanna go in on a bottle with and he is in the coast guard so i dont wanna get him in trouble should he be tested. any ideas anyone?
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

No way. They would see the alcohol but not the thujone because in standard US drug tests they don't test for the specific ingredients in Absinth. I'm going on pure logic here so I'm not 100% on this.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

It depends which test is used. Thujone (the wormwood extract) is chemically similar to certain other, from your government's point of view, proscribed substances. However, the amounts used in absinthe, these days, are quite minute. Therefore, unlikely to show.
In any case, I imagine that if your friend owned up to being at a party where absinthe was served, envy would be the dominant feeling.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

Oh also I don't believe drinking absinth is technically illegal I assume if he was tested penalties would be similar to alcohol (if there are any). It's only illegal in the US to sell it yea?

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Oh also I don't believe drinking absinth is technically illegal I assume if he was tested penalties would be similar to alcohol (if there are any). It's only illegal in the US to sell it yea?
You are correct. Absinth can't be produced or marketed in the United States but it is legal to own.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

trust me on this one, hes good the military uses a cheap test. hell come through just fine now go ahead and get trousered.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

in the words of homer simpson WHOO-HOO!
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard