Working on Labor Day Weekend

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Working on Labor Day Weekend

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

That's right people the Rowdydrunk is being forced to labor on the on yet another national holiday and it sucks donkey balls!! In fact this marks my 13th straight day of work, and tomorrow will be 14, and so on, and so on. But this day will be the roughest, 4 pm to 8am. The good news is all the bosses took the weekend off so I got a fifth of Jager chilling in a well concealed bucket of ice ... I've also got the key to the forklift
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Staplerfahrer Klaus! :P

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

OK, what goes with Jager? I've already got a 2L of coke but I'm going to need something else tonight. My choices are limited to what's in the drink machine: Sunkist, Sprite, Mello Yellow, Mountain Dew Code Red.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Sprite sounds the least noxious of your selections.

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

Jaeger + forklift = OSHA-approved fun!
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Yeah, but I gotta be careful. They said I decapite one more person and I'm fired.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

:( I hear the Pulse is hiring. If you're into that sort of thing.

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:OK, what goes with Jager? I've already got a 2L of coke but I'm going to need something else tonight. My choices are limited to what's in the drink machine: Sunkist, Sprite, Mello Yellow, Mountain Dew Code Red.
My god, instant spew, do not mix with any of the above :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

BeerGnome
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by BeerGnome »

Alas! I feel your pain sir!
while everyone else from brewery staff to Distribution has a three day weekend.. the weekend guy here is pulling his usual weekend shift of pushing and pulling the beer to ultimatly cleaning the apparatus that makes it all possible.
to top it off.. I hooked up with a nasty little twenty-four hour intestinal bug that caused me to miss a half day yesterday and blow precious drinking money on the damn co-pay at the docters office.. bitch docter not only didnt give me any drugs.. but she told me not to drink any beer for three days! (Personaly.. I just think that she's anti-beer) Of course she had to say this in front of the paranoid girly fiend, who proceeds to call me at the pub after my long and argouse day as soon as I sit down to my barley pop and says.. and I quote " put the beer down!"

so like any balls in hand and cock to the wind big burley HE-MAN throw a keg accross the room just to prove a point I retort back:
"yes dear of course, I'll be there in ten minutes." and then I hang up the phone and CHUG THAT BABY JUST TO SHOW EVERYBODY UST WHO WEARS THE PANTS AROUND HERE! oh yeah.. can't you feel the testerone flooding the room?
I killed a six pack just to watch it die

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

My choices are limited to what's in the drink machine: Sunkist, Sprite, Mello Yellow, Mountain Dew Code Red.
What kind of crazy, evil vending machine is that, anyways? I've never heard of such a poor selection of cast-off sodas.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

But you're doing God's work, providing alcohol to the masses. Me, I'm just dying cloth, Woopity-doo! By the way half of the Jager is gone and the buzz is improving my mood. :)

rednek buddha
Souse
Souse

Post by rednek buddha »

As a cook, I havent had a labor day weekend off in years. Skip the jager and for the rest of the week hit the vodka during work....And forklifts are much cooler on speed!
Meat... Fight it, fuck it, or eat it.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

Generic Jug wrote:Jaeger + forklift = OSHA-approved fun!
And we all know that OSHA really means OH SHIT!
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

BeerGnome
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by BeerGnome »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:But you're doing God's work, providing alcohol to the masses. Me, I'm just dying cloth, Woopity-doo! By the way half of the Jager is gone and the buzz is improving my mood. :)
well thats good to hear good sir..
the biggest probelm here is that my "friday" has been ruined by the holiday weekend.
I usually collect a decent little appreciatable buzz before heading out after the sunday shift in the beer mines. but concedering its labor day weekend. .the cops are all out like flies on shit.. and with a bad inspection sticker.. and one dead headlight.. well.. stinking of beer to begin with was just too much of a hassle.. I had to keep it down to two tonight less having that ackward moment when yer tired after a long day in trenches, soaked in beer spray and a piggy man pulls you over for some stupid shit only to come up to the window andsay WOOOOHEE BOY! SMELLS LIKE A DARN BREWERY IN THIS HERE CAR! ( keep in mind.. I live in the south) the usual responce is WELL DANG! STANDS TO REASON DONT IT! I WERK IN ONE DON' I!?"
But I didnt want anything on my breath that couldn't be discounted as simple beer on the breath workaday shit.
hell, having ONE beer after work is enough to put a .08 on my breath most times..
why is it this damn weekend is my most paranoid time of the year?

Do I really need to get a designated driver just to get to and from fucking WORK this time of year!?

But I'm home now.. and I have the next two days off.. and tuesday is payday.. and I brought home a case worth of the fruits of my labor.. I need to make up for some lost time here
I killed a six pack just to watch it die