Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Barney's Version
Souse
Souse

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by Barney's Version »

i thought at a place like the Modern Drunkard, and issue of drinking alone would not be so unique. Like I said before, boozing at the pubs with people and mates is great, (nothing better than the 5 pint buzz amongst a great group, when the beer is quality, good conversation and great tunes, and everyone says they shouldn't stay for another but fuck why not) but there is a great place for drinkin alone, one must balance all aspects of the sauce. Just got back from my local, and I want to have a bottle of wine, then a bourbon and listen to my records. by the way, as always, what are we all having at the moment

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

Barney's Version wrote:i thought at a place like the Modern Drunkard, and issue of drinking alone would not be so unique. Like I said before, boozing at the pubs with people and mates is great, (nothing better than the 5 pint buzz amongst a great group, when the beer is quality, good conversation and great tunes, and everyone says they shouldn't stay for another but fuck why not) but there is a great place for drinkin alone, one must balance all aspects of the sauce. Just got back from my local, and I want to have a bottle of wine, then a bourbon and listen to my records. by the way, as always, what are we all having at the moment
Coqui 40oz malt liqour. A 5 pint buzz sounds like breakfast.
Lager makes me happy. Vodka makes me mean. I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving, alcohol machine. --"Drink Till I Die" Bad News

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

I drink alone every week night. A friend of mine is crashing at my place for a month but he doesn't drink a drop during the week and he's just amazed that I get hammered night after night. I don't have anyone in my group of friends who is even close to my drunkard ways so I booze alone during the week and meet up with friends more often on the weekends. I LOVE drinking alone.
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Fbomb »

Are you kidding me?? Drinking alone is THE reason to drink. If you only drink to fit in with others, then that's not a real good path to be on... respectfully enough.

For starters, drinking alone is cheaper. And you don't have to sit next to some jerkoff blabbing into his cocktail about how sad his life is. If you drink at a real drinking bar, that's what you get. If you drink at a hip club in your city, then yre either gonna be flat broke soon, or yre gonna phase out of drinking soon enough. Another reason to drink alone, is the value of introspection, which almost nobody has anymore since we live in an over-crowded world of constant interruptions. Hence the paradox of lone drinkers talking shit about drinking alone when they're logged onto the internet to discuss this issue with other drinkers... I'm all for it. Lone drinkers aren't anti-social, we're just anti-going to the bar to shoot the shit with some numbbuts who happens to be sitting next to where i got a stool by the wall and the jukebox. And finally, at home I can smoke. When bars in this city banned smoking, they lost my biz. As Dennis Leary said, without this guy (butt), then this guy (tallneck Bud) is nothing.

Emperor Awesome
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Emperor Awesome »

I do most of my drinking at home playing video games or something, cause I'm young and broke. The other night I got to experience a great privelege. I was walking on my way somewhere and decided to stop into a bar I noticed along the way. This was about 5:30 and I was the first customer of the evening. I managed a solid two hours of drinking before anyone else came in. The bartender had no one to focus on but me and didn't bother me with smalltalk. It was beautiful. I imagine that's what it's like to have a butler.
"I need a hundred beers...exactly one hundred, thank you."
-Nathan Explosion

"Does whiskey count as beer?"
-Homer Simpson

"Swaggering about in a garish new hat he seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner, I have a new hat.'"

"I am getting so drunk when we get paid for this."
-Sydney, Fallout 3

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, as of thirty seconds ago, I am drinking alone. Grumpy's light is out, in the comfy chair.
like tears in rain

Ophelia
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Ophelia »

Damn. I want a comfy chair.

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Wanderlife »

I love drinking alone....just me, some nice tunes,a good bottle of whatever strikes my fancy , a little Joint maybe....just having a good time with myself....its nice

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

This comfy chair is not half as comfy as the comfy chair that died. However, I did buy him a comfy couch. It reclines and has a drinks table built in. When he sleeps there, he hardly even snores.
like tears in rain

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

Savage wrote:This comfy chair is not half as comfy as the comfy chair that died. However, I did buy him a comfy couch. It reclines and has a drinks table built in. When he sleeps there, he hardly even snores.
I need one these....

Beethoven
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I drink alone...

Post by Beethoven »

it seems. 50 years old and not wanting to get drunk at a bar and have to drive home so I find myself ditting here getting druink by myself. I sure wish one of you fine ladies in here were with me tight now. I sure could use some female companisonship.
There but for the grace of God, goes God.
- Winston Churchill

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: I drink alone...

Post by Two Hearted »

I really hate to double post but:

Oh for Fucks Sakes Beethoven, please change your signature. It's WAY too distracting, even for me...

Yeah, I know the hatred will soon spew ....
I'll just pour another rum. Rum makes everything better.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

Beethoven wrote:it seems. 50 years old and not wanting to get drunk at a bar and have to drive home so I find myself ditting here getting druink by myself. I sure wish one of you fine ladies in here were with me tight now. I sure could use some female companisonship.
You're one snip away, RipT. Now let her finish, Damnit!

Beethoven
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Beethoven »

I brought it on myself...

There but for the grace of God, goes God.
- Winston Churchill

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

this guy AIN'T George Thorogood...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be