September 11th, a date which will live in infamy

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

exactly rowdy.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

boozeslinga
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by boozeslinga »

I don't really know what to say on this subject. I'mstill here in nyc, drunk as I was on this day 2 years ago...I opened the bar that day, cause I knew my friends would need a place to drink while they waited to hear the news about their loved ones. Everyone I know here was either drunk or on search rescue recovery crew. I was at least able to provide liquor for those of us that needed it, and ice for the crews.
I'm gonna end it at that, 'cos I could go on for awhile, about politics, media, etc, but I really don't want to because it wouldn't serve any purpose.
Sorry to those of you who have also lost someone.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

boozeslinga wrote:*snip*
I'm gonna end it at that, 'cos I could go on for awhile, about politics, media, etc, but I really don't want to because it wouldn't serve any purpose.
My man/woman, it's all good. Our club, and I, lost a friend that day.

I have my own opinions on what happened and who should we blame, but as I've said many a time, politics has no place on a drunkening board. Besides, politics only serves to piss us all off and I am become happiness and shit.

Didn't see you were an NYC folk - I'm in NJ (duh) and mayhaps you can share with me the establishemtnt...or something, of your choice and oine day I can join you in a alcoholic salute to the fallen.

Hell, any excuse to meet up with an MDM kindred is worthwhile!
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

fdoosey wrote:
boozeslinga wrote:*snip*
My man/woman, it's all good. Our club, and I, lost a friend that day.

I have my own opinions on what happened and who should we blame, but as I've said many a time, politics has no place on a drunkening board. Besides, politics only serves to piss us all off and I am become happiness and shit.

Didn't see you were an NYC folk - I'm in NJ (duh) and mayhaps you can share with me the establishemtnt...or something, of your choice and oine day I can join you in a alcoholic salute to the fallen.

Hell, any excuse to meet up with an MDM kindred is worthwhile!
Damn, I knew there was a reason I liked this board so well. The drunkenne - I mean, the lack of politics!

My boy-at-the-time's mother escaped from the 44th floor of...tower two, I think it was? The one that went down second. They thought she was dead for about six hours, since she couldn't call and she had to walk home to Queens. I had fallen in love with the city the first time I saw it. Maybe I have no license to say so, but it got to me, even from 3,000 miles away. I still get panicky (as in, preludes to a panic attack) when a plane flies too low over Disneyland. I still think it will happen again, and I've got way too much to lose concentrated in such a small area...
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Terrorism is like the lottery, only more so, (considering you have more of a chance to win the lottery then you do being a victim of terrorism. ) It's going to happen to somebody, but it probably aint going to be you. (You, in the general sense of coarse.)
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Oh, I would agree, if I worked for Joe Schmoe incorporated.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Okay I didn't read the new posts, but yahhhh...

I went to pick up my friends in from Hamburg. Wore my sleevless turbo vest. Dammit no sooner than those automated doors swung open did it reoccur to me I have an NYC tattoo on my arm. With a sizable abrasion on the shoulder. :(

And if that's not enough, I'm limping around BECAUSE OF THE SPLIT SOLE IN MY BOOT THAT I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT WHEN 3 DAYS AGO I TOOK THOSE FUCKERS OUT OF RETIREMENT, WONDERING WHY I'D EVER TUCKED THEM AWAY!!!????!???? Duhr. I thought I'd fixed the problem with superglue, which just glistens under the glaring lights of the airport...

Hey politics aside, I love airports, travel and the exchange of ideas. It pisses me off that I saw all these folks, I am not sure yet if I'm a dyed in the wool misanthroope but I try my best, just thinkin...
All these folks, happy to hug their loved ones, etc, had they been on a flight 2 years ago they coulda been so... dead.

Then again I think those same thoughts about the children and adults in Iraq.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

airports... walking through metal detectors with steel toed boots, qute fun. used to work ther yay im a bag chucker... NEVER check breakable objects seriously
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

DrunkFishEat
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by DrunkFishEat »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:
StoliGirl wrote:Rest in Peace Jean. Miss you lots
Stalin said, "Kill one man and you create a martyr. Kill a million and you create a statistic." 3,016 . . . it's just a number. But that's how many people died September 11, 2001. 3,016 husbands, wives, sons, daughters, friends; and Jean was one of them. I remember sitting at home staring at the TV on the morning of September 11th, CNN was running a ticker with the names and ages of all the passengers on the planes that had crashed and I saw the name of Dana Falkenburg, age 3 who was on Flight 77. I never met Dana but just the idea that some little girl had died in such a way was what finally caused me to break down.
When I remember September 11th I don't think of how many people were killed or how to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I think of Dana Falkenburg, and mourn her.
I join you. Dana Falkenburg, Jean, and Andrew Jordan.
Last edited by DrunkFishEat on Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:airports... walking through metal detectors with steel toed boots, qute fun. used to work ther yay im a bag chucker... NEVER check breakable objects seriously
Body piercings are even more of a Scheisserei.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

boozeslinga
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by boozeslinga »

My last words on the subject:
No sense to worry about terrorism, worry doesn't prevent it, but it will fuck up your day. When we had the bl;ackout in NYC a few weeks ago, we could have all panicked, but at least in my neighborhood, it was a big street party-everyone laughed and draank and made the best of it. Much more enjoyable than panicking.
I had one other point to make, but I forgot it, which works because I don't want to talk about it anymore, I'm drunk and I'll start proselytizing.