In Praise of the Shower Beer

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: In Praise of the Shower Beer

Post by Miklo »

Always bottles in the shower, unless all I have is cans. Also a good tequila in a tall glass filled with ice goes just as nice.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ivan wrote:
Mayhem wrote:If I had a Coors Light first thing in the morning I would be purging my colon.
If you had Kaopectate first thing in the morning, you would be purging your colon.

Rooster, I agree with you on the shower beer. Here's my question- do you go with bottles or cans? I find bottles hold their temperature better, but cans are stackable, and some mornings I just need two shower beers, because the first one goes down so quick it doesn't really touch the sides of my throat.
First time you cut your foot open on glass in the bathroom, you'll appreciate non-glass containers. Drunks drop things...

Just sayin'...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Jags
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jags »

We do have "unbreakable" 20 oz pint type acryillic glasses that we bought at Target for the hot tub. We were walking down the isle and I picked on up and said, "Hey honey, these would be good for the hot tub." I then held one about 7 feet off the floor and dropped it. They make a hell of a lot of noise and bounce a buncha times. My wife turned bright red and got away from me as fast as she could. People came from other isles to see what the commotion was.
-------------------------------------

The older I get, the better I was.

It's damn expensive to look this cheap.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I'm a huge fan of the bath tub hefeweizen or peated scotch--preferably in absolute darkness, in the middle of the night, with no responsibilities to bear.

That's therapy, baby.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

The midnight shower/bath beer is a lesson in what it is to be divine.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

The shower beer, for safety reasons, comes in cans around here.

Of course, Miller does (or, at least, did) put Lite and MGD in 16oz plastic bottles. Then there was that whole Bud Select aluminum bottle thing.

Maybe these ideas would take off if they could be advertised as shower beers....
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I just got some aluminum cups, damn they keep cold! I originaly got them for the kids there all bright colors and would be perfect for keeping drinks cold on a summer day. So I filled with ice and beam and hit the shower, the cups held up great.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Yes, yes, yes, - the shower beer is truely immense. It's got to be a can though surely. Hot shower, the more powerful ther better, pick up cold beer - bliss.

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Jags wrote:We do have "unbreakable" 20 oz pint type acryillic glasses that we bought at Target for the hot tub. We were walking down the isle and I picked on up and said, "Hey honey, these would be good for the hot tub." I then held one about 7 feet off the floor and dropped it. They make a hell of a lot of noise and bounce a buncha times. My wife turned bright red and got away from me as fast as she could. People came from other isles to see what the commotion was.

Reminds me of the time I managed to drop a six-pack in the middle of a crowded supermarket. I slowly turnd to my friend with what he later told me was the most fucked up expression he had ever seen. Like if I had just strangled my own child, and said "Great....so, what happens now?" "Well, for starters, let's go stand somewhere else"
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Jags
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jags »

Negromancer wrote:
Jags wrote:We do have "unbreakable" 20 oz pint type acryillic glasses that we bought at Target for the hot tub. We were walking down the isle and I picked on up and said, "Hey honey, these would be good for the hot tub." I then held one about 7 feet off the floor and dropped it. They make a hell of a lot of noise and bounce a buncha times. My wife turned bright red and got away from me as fast as she could. People came from other isles to see what the commotion was.

Reminds me of the time I managed to drop a six-pack in the middle of a crowded supermarket. I slowly turnd to my friend with what he later told me was the most fucked up expression he had ever seen. Like if I had just strangled my own child, and said "Great....so, what happens now?" "Well, for starters, let's go stand somewhere else"

There is nothing worse than a fallen soldier who never had the chance to serve his purpose. I'll have six shots in memory of the fallen.
-------------------------------------

The older I get, the better I was.

It's damn expensive to look this cheap.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Bacon and shower beers and the two things that every drunkard in the world comes to appreciate, whether they've seen these forums or not. They're as close to a universal language as it gets.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Chimneyfish wrote:Bacon and shower beers and the two things that every drunkard in the world comes to appreciate, whether they've seen these forums or not. They're as close to a universal language as it gets.
Okay, I'm out to buy more beer before I go to the shower. BTW, Dingbat and Spooky have pictures of me drinking beer under the shower (don't ask).
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Man, I really think I have a true passion for this!
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

If a shower beer is what it takes for some of you filthy motherfuckers to clean yourselves then I am all for it.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I actually had an idea for an invention a few years back viz. the perfect vessel to carry beer in a shower: something that would keep water and soap out, yet allow easy egress of the beer within. Then my brother had a baby and I saw my first sippy-cup. You can drop one of those on the floor without spilling a single drop. Buy a couple of the large ones (they'll each hold about 3/4 of a regulation beer) and feel free to sit, stand, stumble, or thrash about the morning shower without fear of losing any precious beer.
Bonus fact: When you're in Babys'R'Us buying the sippy cups, you can totally check out some nice big pregger hoo-haws. Just sayin...