Whats the most

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Whats the most

Post by Bur »

Who needs to be messed up? I'm around for some extra action, it's been interesting night so far. But good ol' fisticuffs always gets me.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

To me it comes down to mindset. If I know I should keep my wits about me I seem to be able to keep it together no matter the volume. However, if I'm at a party with a bunch of friends and the vibe is fun and chill, I start losing chunks of time after just a few. Relativity?
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:To me it comes down to mindset...
Funny, one of my first posts was to "Uncle Sal" (anyone remember that cat?) about that very thing. Mindset is a real factor when it comes to boozing.

Oh, and if you've been in Denver (mile high) for a while and then suddenly go to Vegas (below sea level) you become a drunkard superman, thanks to the oxygenation, for a few days.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:Oh, and if you've been in Denver (mile high) for a while and then suddenly go to Vegas (below sea level) you become a drunkard superman, thanks to the oxygenation, for a few days.
I believe Yaks are possessed with enormous strength for a similar reason. Incidentally, one of my friends always claimed he got drunker when he came to my house because of altitude effects
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Jollyroger1210 wrote:
frankennietzsche wrote:A four pack of Seagrams Breezers.
My sides are splitting right now, thank you very much.'

EDIT: does anybody else get disproportionately grumpy on the downswing? Aside from the fact that there's no more booze to be had, which is always upsetting.
Make a decision: either go out and get more or not. Only if there is someone who doesn't want you going out for more, then you may get grumpy.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Jollyroger1210 wrote:Does anybody else get disproportionately grumpy on the downswing? Aside from the fact that there's no more booze to be had, which is always upsetting.
Indeed.

The downswing is when I get the stares, and then I need to head off to bed and grumble to myself.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

isn't that because it's a waking hangover? I find the two feel similar. Drowsiness, dysphoria and an unsettled stomach coupled to unsatiable hunger
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lesson, I guess:

Better to go to bed pissed, than pissed off.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Mr. Viking wrote:isn't that because it's a waking hangover? I find the two feel similar. Drowsiness, dysphoria and an unsettled stomach coupled to unsatiable hunger
Yes, this is part of the price we pay. Something less than paradise.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

vodkanaut
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkanaut »

For me this seems to be a question of speed of consumption rather than total quantity imbibed. Chug a bottle of port out of the gate = blackout.

Bottle of vodka opened after lunch and finished late in the night = memorable sweet oblivion.

At a reasonable pace I can bender for days and have decent recall. But, how much fun is that?
"Do you believe in the here after? Then you now know what I'm here after". Henry Rollins

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

vodkanaut wrote:For me this seems to be a question of speed of consumption rather than total quantity imbibed. Chug a bottle of port out of the gate = blackout.

Bottle of vodka opened after lunch and finished late in the night = memorable sweet oblivion.

At a reasonable pace I can bender for days and have decent recall. But, how much fun is that?
It's great fun. Enjoy it while you can still pull it off without physical repercussions. Otherwise you'll have to pace yourself like the old farts. That's definitely no fun.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:
vodkanaut wrote:For me this seems to be a question of speed of consumption rather than total quantity imbibed. Chug a bottle of port out of the gate = blackout.

It's great fun. Enjoy it while you can still pull it off without physical repercussions. Otherwise you'll have to pace yourself like the old farts. That's definitely no fun.

True words, L.C.

Now, it is proper for introduction into this place to offer a free round.

I'll take a tall glass of Cold River followed by a chaser of a rum shot, anything handy.

CHeers

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

biscuits, fucking bourbon cream

NakedExtremities
Tippler
Tippler

Post by NakedExtremities »

Jiggers McCoy wrote: To me it comes down to mindset. If I know I should keep my wits about me I seem to be able to keep it together no matter the volume. However, if I'm at a party with a bunch of friends and the vibe is fun and chill, I start losing chunks of time after just a few. Relativity?
I completely agree, but I somehow seem to be able to avoid it even if I spend 100USD on myself at the local, but at home, I set a kitchen timer for ~15m to allow myself the next shot so I don't get spinny/blackouty. My apologies for the kindergarten grammar in the last segment of that.

vodkanaut
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkanaut »

It will have to be a round of Grandad, or Clan Macgregor. It is the end of the month. Cheers, brothers.
"Do you believe in the here after? Then you now know what I'm here after". Henry Rollins