THE PERFECT GUINNESS, WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO MAKE IT.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: THE PERFECT GUINNESS, WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO MAKE IT.

Post by fiyah »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
Screwball wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
But it didn't eat that shirt.
You don't eat a shirt like that, you smoke it.
Not if you're the Judge, you gift it out.
Truth in those words..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Tell you what, all you elitist pores:

If someone puts a Guinness in front of you and you start complaining how it was poured, you're definitely doing it wrong..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

JamesonWilde
Souse
Souse

Post by JamesonWilde »

fiyah wrote:Tell you what, all you elitist pores:

If someone puts a Guinness in front of you and you start complaining how it was poured, you're definitely doing it wrong..
This. So hard.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Eh, to each their own. The head guy who makes Guinness would disagree.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Resident Asshole wrote:

I believe the head guy at Guinness would want you to buy his damn beer and not care much what you do with it.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

This reminds me of a story. The wife and I were traipsing through Europe (even did the Guinness brewery in Dublin!) but this particular event was in Prague. We were on a daylong walking tour, but we were braking for lunch in the square in the center of town. There were lots of food vendors, so my wife and I got some pork and potatoes and few tallboys of some Czech lager (the name escapes me). One of the other Americans on our tour, some 18-year-old sorority slut, remarked "I can't believe you'd come all the way to Prague to drink beer from a can."

I laughed her off, because screaming at her was probably not a good idea. But here's what I thought: Bitch, I drink more beer in week than you probably will in your fucking life. I'm not an alcohol tourist, I'm not a "well we're in France so let's try some wine" type drinker. I'm a "it's lunch, what's available to drink" kinda drinker. I've paid my dues at bars, taverns, pubs, clubs, ballgames and parties, so I'm pretty sure I can drink whatever the fuck I please without being judged by an 18-year-old girl.

This is all to say, at a certain point, you gotta stop being precious and delicate with what you drink. You've had it the "right" way, you've had it every other way and you know, at the end of the day, it doesn't make that much of difference. It's not like an "improperly" poured Guinness tastes THAT different from a "properly" poured one.

Belgian brewers like to bray that their stuff should only be consumed from a chalice, well I've had it that way but also in a red Solo cup. You know what? PRETTY MUCH THE SAME.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Generic Juggy
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Generic Juggy »

Screwball wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:

I believe the head guy at Guinness would want you to buy his damn beer and not care much what you do with it.
This should end here.

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

I just found a few Guinness in the fridge, IN THE CAN!!!!!! Love the widget! Nitrogen here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

i hear they've found a way to forego the widget. same draught taste, but cheaper. something about science and shit.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

treetop

Post by treetop »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:This reminds me of a story. The wife and I were traipsing through Europe (even did the Guinness brewery in Dublin!) but this particular event was in Prague. We were on a daylong walking tour, but we were braking for lunch in the square in the center of town. There were lots of food vendors, so my wife and I got some pork and potatoes and few tallboys of some Czech lager (the name escapes me). One of the other Americans on our tour, some 18-year-old sorority slut, remarked "I can't believe you'd come all the way to Prague to drink beer from a can."

I laughed her off, because screaming at her was probably not a good idea. But here's what I thought: Bitch, I drink more beer in week than you probably will in your fucking life. I'm not an alcohol tourist, I'm not a "well we're in France so let's try some wine" type drinker. I'm a "it's lunch, what's available to drink" kinda drinker. I've paid my dues at bars, taverns, pubs, clubs, ballgames and parties, so I'm pretty sure I can drink whatever the fuck I please without being judged by an 18-year-old girl.

This is all to say, at a certain point, you gotta stop being precious and delicate with what you drink. You've had it the "right" way, you've had it every other way and you know, at the end of the day, it doesn't make that much of difference. It's not like an "improperly" poured Guinness tastes THAT different from a "properly" poured one.

Belgian brewers like to bray that their stuff should only be consumed from a chalice, well I've had it that way but also in a red Solo cup. You know what? PRETTY MUCH THE SAME.
that's a good story. the kind we should read to our kids and dogs at bedtime to remind them that all is right in the world.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

treetop wrote:
Jiggers McCoy wrote:This reminds me of a story. The wife and I were traipsing through Europe (even did the Guinness brewery in Dublin!) but this particular event was in Prague. We were on a daylong walking tour, but we were braking for lunch in the square in the center of town. There were lots of food vendors, so my wife and I got some pork and potatoes and few tallboys of some Czech lager (the name escapes me). One of the other Americans on our tour, some 18-year-old sorority slut, remarked "I can't believe you'd come all the way to Prague to drink beer from a can."

that's a good story. the kind we should read to our kids and dogs at bedtime to remind them that all is right in the world.
A musician buddy of mine was in England once (@early '80s) and got taken out to a London pub by a woman from his record company. As he happily drank his Guinness, he incredulously asked his hostess, who was sipping on a bottle of Bud, "With all the great beer in England, why would you drink Budweiser?" "I only drink imported beer, luv", she replied.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

from the non-nitrogenated bottles, so it's like a normal beer, only dark
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bur

Post by Bur »

All this talk of fine points is making beer look so hippie. Hope you're all proud of yerself naw.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I love how much people embrace the double pour, which is essentially a marketing gimmick. Whenever they started serving from a pressurised keg rather than with a beer engine, the pint looked different, so they fiddled around with different gas mixes to get the foamy surge business, and choreographed the double pour. The pour doesn't affect the taste, only the freshness does, the pour only effects the way it looks. Refuse to bow down to the hipsterish ways and just pour it like any other goddamned beer
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

You can't ever have a bad guinness imo

i've lapped it up off the floor and it was still excellent