Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by grippingthewheel »

I hope I don't regret it, I'm going to try drinking alone tonight. Wish me luck.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

grippingthewheel wrote:I hope I don't regret it, I'm going to try drinking alone tonight. Wish me luck.
Welcome to Awesome Town. Population, you.
Lager makes me happy. Vodka makes me mean. I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving, alcohol machine. --"Drink Till I Die" Bad News

grippingthewheel

strugglebunny wrote:
grippingthewheel wrote:I hope I don't regret it, I'm going to try drinking alone tonight. Wish me luck.
WOW. Thanks. Are there any good books or movies about drinking I should read or watch about drinking alone?
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

Judge

Post by Judge »

grippingthewheel wrote:
strugglebunny wrote:
WOW. Thanks. Are there any good books or movies about drinking I should read or watch about drinking alone?
OOHH OOOHH Call on ME!!!! (hand waving furiously in the air).
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

strugglebunny
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by strugglebunny »

grippingthewheel wrote:
strugglebunny wrote:
grippingthewheel wrote: Welcome to Awesome Town. Population, you.
Gilgamesh.
Lager makes me happy. Vodka makes me mean. I'm a heavy metal, drinking, driving, alcohol machine. --"Drink Till I Die" Bad News

grippingthewheel

Judge, no offence but I'm not sure given your limited experience with what is hip (to coin a phrase from a band that an elderly gentleman might remember -Tower of Power), your suggestions may be not be top notch. I'm mean, heck, you're a grandpa and a family man, I'd rather hear from the guys on the cutting edge. Drinking alone with music or movies is way out there. Like the Beatles. Or the Drive-by Truckers.

Judge

Post by Judge »

grippingthewheel wrote:Judge, no offence but I'm not sure given your limited experience with what is hip (to coin a phrase from a band that an elderly gentleman might remember -Tower of Power), your suggestions may be not be top notch. I'm mean, heck, you're a grandpa and a family man, I'd rather hear from the guys on the cutting edge. Drinking alone with music or movies is way out there. Like the Beatles. Or the Drive-by Truckers.
Yeah well I was going to suggest Bad News Bears
but what do I know.

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

grippingthewheel

Judge wrote:
grippingthewheel wrote:Judge, no offence but I'm not sure given your limited experience with what is hip (to coin a phrase from a band that an elderly gentleman might remember -Tower of Power), your suggestions may be not be top notch. I'm mean, heck, you're a grandpa and a family man, I'd rather hear from the guys on the cutting edge. Drinking alone with music or movies is way out there. Like the Beatles. Or the Drive-by Truckers.
Yeah well I was going to suggest Bad News Bears
but what do I know.
http://tinyurl.com/bff22b

Judge

Post by Judge »

Yeah, played it at my stepdad's funeral in 82. What else ya got?

CPE1704TKS

grippingthewheel

Well, Judge, I'm taking my cues from you. This whole having a beer alone is rather intimidating. I do have a dusty bottle bottle of Ten High, maybe I'll take a sip. This is very exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXMAOgEIq4

Judge

Post by Judge »

Good on you. Now tomorrow when you wake up and the chair is in the car and you're in the kitchen using the empty plastic handle as a pillow be sure to look for your charge card receipts.

CPE1704TKS

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Drinking alone. What all logical alcoholics eventually turn to.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

grippingthewheel

Well well well. For my own benefit with a bucket of gotdam American sparklies with a big fat ice cube rocks schloshing with Kentucy glass casually glistening with a Papal blessing of the deep Appalachia. WAVE OUR GOTDAM flag.

Oooo...shiny.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

FNZ wrote:
Two Hearted wrote: It's gonna bite you in the ass one day.
Some people pay good money for that.
Do tell. Pictures?
like tears in rain

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

I dink alone all the time. But that's partly because I study in a town where I don't really know anybody. Well, apart from the casual nod-at-them-while-you-pass-them-on-the-street-kinda-way. I have one lady friend that drinks coffee with me once in a while ("Coffee" usually meaning we go out on a thursday and drink three pints and chat). Drinking alone is alright, at least nobody screws with my playlist.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."