Liquor Truck

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I'd imagine the Liquor Man would have the ocassional wannabe customer without cash, who would stick out an empty hand, hoping to pay with pretend money. Broke my heart then, and would do so now. I'd give up the inventory.
He'd have Coors Light for those hands.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

God, what a wonderful job that would be....making people happy all over, and being loved by all. I'd join the USO and go to the gulf. THAT is how to free a country, give them booze!
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Liquor Truck

Post by Mad Scientist »

LuckyStrikes wrote:Wouldn't that be great? Like the popsicle man, only The Liquor Man. Big truck stocked with all kinds of alcoholic beverages.'
Not the same thing but reminds me of one afternoon in college. Nice spring day, we're all drunk as shit and throwing frisbees around this big lawn on campus. Ice cream truck drives by and we all flock. Some people were a bit short on cash so they walked over with the big handle of Cuervo we had and traded tequila for ice cream treats :D . In retrospect I think the ice cream man got the best of the deal, but it seemed like a logical barter system at the time. Can only imagine him selling ice cream to little kids with tequila on his breath :wink:
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Nah, just give freebies to Joe 12 - He'll keep the fuckers in line! Of course, he would ride on the back of the truck like a garbage man, chugging beers the whole way - but better then giving samples away to EVERYONE!
Holy shit, Hugh, you have now set my future dreams for me. To not have to worry about driving but to travel the streets constantly. Hanging off the back of the truck by one hand while I chug beers, or simply sitting on the tailgate with a bat in one hand and a pabst in the other. To know that my entire job is to fight and drink my way through the city. At the end of the night I could sleep inside the truck in a hammock. No bills to pay, no tab. What a life.
stop thinking start drinking

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

The Bacchus Mobile!

Yes, the driver might get a little fuzzy, driving around with nothing but booze to refresh himself. So I, the Savage Swiller-Chef would step into the breach, and provide him with mass quantities of suck-up type foods. I would graciously and gratefully accept the mass quantities of free alcohol he would no doubt ply me with in return.

Dear God! This is a better fantasy than the one about the inside-out fur coat and the bloody steak!
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

All the parents in my old neighborhood collaborated on telling all the kids that our ice cream man put boogers in the icecream so us kids wouldn't want any when he came around. Funny, in retrospect.

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

Joe Twelvepack wrote:To not have to worry about driving but to travel the streets constantly. Hanging off the back of the truck by one hand while I chug beers, or simply sitting on the tailgate with a bat in one hand and a pabst in the other. To know that my entire job is to fight and drink my way through the city. At the end of the night I could sleep inside the truck in a hammock. No bills to pay, no tab. What a life.
The funniest thing is - that seems like you in the most natural setting you could be in. I especially like the baseball bat part - that makes it all come together.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

I can so easily picture it. I mean, it just comes so naturally. I love to be driven around while drinking. This would have to be in New Orleans, or some other area that will turn a blind eye to the open containers.

I can imagine waking up and cracking that first, ice-cold beer. Eating a breakfast of eggs and bacon cooked on a camp stove next to the truck, the food "donated' by a happy, drunken grocer. Pulling out into the city in midafternoon to sweat and drink away the day. Putting the occational belligerent or would-be mugger down with a threat or a few quick swing of the bat. Feeling the satisfaction of a job well done while climbing back onto my post and pulling out another can.
stop thinking start drinking

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Joe Twelvepack
I can so easily picture it. I mean, it just comes so naturally. I love to be driven around while drinking. This would have to be in New Orleans, or some other area that will turn a blind eye to the open containers.
That reminds me, we need to organize a Million Alcoholics March in Washington. Get some of these silly laws changed. Last year they came up with no open container law here. If I am a passenger, I'm not driving, what difference does it make if I'm swigging.

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Savage Swiller wrote:Dear God! This is a better fantasy than the one about the inside-out fur coat and the bloody steak!
Even better than the one I have about this guy doing my dishes and opening my beer cans!

StoliGirl
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by StoliGirl »

LuckyStrikes wrote:
Joe Twelvepack
That reminds me, we need to organize a Million Alcoholics March in Washington. Get some of these silly laws changed. Last year they came up with no open container law here. If I am a passenger, I'm not driving, what difference does it make if I'm swigging.
I can see it now, a million drunks drinking their way down the mall to the Lincoln Memorial. What time is the bus leaving?

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

StoliGirl wrote:
LuckyStrikes wrote:
Joe Twelvepack
I can see it now, a million drunks drinking their way down the mall to the Lincoln Memorial. What time is the bus leaving?
That would be one wet bus ride! A million drunks, in big buses drinking their way to Washington. I can see the signs and banners now, "Hell No, We Won't Blow" and "Last Call 4 Last Call".

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

LuckyStrikes wrote:
Joe Twelvepack
Thats a great idea! You guys can crash at my house on the floor/lawn/roof. It would be great if a worth while march could take place here for once (sick of hippies interrupting traffic)! I am poor though, so I am afraid it would have to be byob. :cry:
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Haven't you guy ever been to a Bacchus parade at Mardi Gras!? :P

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Chelsea40ozBondage! wrote:Haven't you guy ever been to a Bacchus parade at Mardi Gras!? :P
No, but it is one of my goals!! Sounds like a road trip Chelsea!