BLACKOUT

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

BLACKOUT

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

Wow, you fuckers up north got hit hard. When I heard about the blackout I thought "Oh shit, I hope they don't pre-empt my nightly three re-runs of the Simpsons with some stupid news coverage."

*APATHY*

At least you don't need power to drink. My advice - get hammered and show those fuckers what a blackout really looks like!
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

You've no idea how close I came to a mass-murdering rampage tonight. Newark airport was shut down, and that's where I leave from tomorrow.

Happily, the fuckers got power back already and I will be off to Hawaii as planned.

If something happens, look for a blurb about me getting locked up.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Oggar's Revenge
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Oggar's Revenge »

Not at all what I expected from this board. I propose a contest for those in effected areas. See if you can have a blackout that lasts longer than the power outages.

Blackout related Drunk vocab-
Brownout- You forgot what happened but recover the memory with a reminder. i.e., "What the hell happened last night?... Oh that's right we got drunk."

Rolling Blackout- There is a missing period of time between memories. ie You don't remember going to the third bar but you do remember being there.

Blackout- You don't remember the night after a certain point. ie "Then I did those tequilla shot and after that it's blank."

Power Blackout- You don't remember the night after the point at which you began drinking alcohol. ie "Good morning...officer"
Really I'm just Oggar

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

I hope they will supply electricity for the breweries and bars over there.
This should be primary priority.

I hope the situation is not very serious, though. Do you know by the way what the problem was? News get here with an enormous delay. If any.

One for the Frog

Oggar's Revenge wrote:Not at all what I expected from this board.
I think some of the users will not notice it anyway.

What is your revenge for?

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Well OFTF for some reason for the past couple of months I was unable to post from my Oggar account or to start a new one. The Revenge account was created moments ago and now the Oggar account seems to have begun working again.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

One for the Frog

So your revenge was successful, then.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

It would appear so... for now. :x
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

[quote="fdoosey"]You've no idea how close I came to a mass-murdering rampage tonight. Newark airport was shut down, and that's where I leave from tomorrow.

Honeymoon time? If so, have a great one!

(sob whine...I never had one meself)
like tears in rain

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

One for the frog wrote:I hope they will supply electricity for the breweries and bars over there.
This should be primary priority.
No shit! Last night the liquor store only had the dunkle Warsteiner, which fortunately they let me exchange for some Pilsner Urquel. The lager was supposed to come in today, only now I'm getting a little concerned.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

checking in from cleveland, we drank on the porch, used candles some bars were open but not many, this town was a fuckin ghost town. people were out but just dark as hell.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Blackout New York drinks up
Fri 15 August, 2003 03:19 BST

By Jed Seltzer and Tom Johnson

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Talk about a good excuse to drink.

When a major power outage left even Times Square eerily dark on Thursday evening, New York City's faithful headed out of their hot apartments and stuffy office cubicles and did what came naturally.

They headed to their local bars and grabbed a few cold ones -- while they were still cold.

"People were stuck and couldn't get home so they thought, 'why not gather at the local watering hole?'" said Joey Murphy, bartender at Ned Kelly's, on Manhattan's West Side. "It's the best place to go when there's no transportation."

Like hundreds of New York bars, Kelly's was packed, hot, sticky, and lighted by candlelight. The crowd spilled onto the sidewalk, resigned to make the best of an otherwise miserable situation.

"I was gonna go to a sauna anyway, but I got one in here," said Jimmy McBride, a resident of the Upper West Side. "It's a happy place to go during a time like this."

At the Village Ma Bar and Grill in the West Village, customers packed side by side sat in dim candlelight, trying to stay cool by rolling up their sleeves and unbuttoning their shirts.

"Most people are very happy and not too worried about anything," said Ryan Good, a bartender at the Village Ma.

"Of course, we'll see how it is in a few hours," he said. "The ice is melting, and the refrigerator is getting warmer, so I hope the power comes back soon."

Still, despite the laid-back atmosphere in most bars, a haunting undertone remained in most people's minds about the last time New Yorkers were forced out onto the streets.

"We've had a tough time here," said Sean Connolly, owner of the Eatery Restaurant and Bar at 53rd and 9th. "It was reminiscent of 9/11 with everyone pouring out in the streets."

Patrons at a bar downtown had similar thoughts. Mimi Banks said she decided to leave work after building management first told employees to evacuate and then told them to stay, bringing back nervous memories of the World Trade Centre attacks nearly two years ago.

"We went home first, but then we just started walking, looking for a bar because there is nothing else to do," Banks said, sitting with her roommate, Lisa Coor, at Lemon's just north of Union Square.

"This the best thing to do right now," she said, presenting a cold beer still dripping with perspiration.

With people unsure when the lights would come back on, many seemed resigned to participating in the impromptu Manhattan block party as long as possible.

"I want to keep the place open as long as I can," said Connolly, presiding over a dozen neighbours and regulars outside his restaurant and entertaining them with music through the open window of his Ford Expedition, parked at a curb nearby.

"I can't keep it open all night but want to keep it open as long as I can," he said.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

wonderful at least this country is right
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

sorry folks. after downing that 40 i really really had to piss, and had no idea there was a transformer below the tracks
AHLL BE BOCK

One for the Frog

No worries. As we can read above, you just firmed the bonds between people. Drunkards Unite!