Ahhh Fall

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Sully73
Souse
Souse

Ahhh Fall

Post by Sully73 »

My favorite season is soon approaching. Mind you growing up by the Jersey Shore you'd think I would love Summer, however, after years of hotter weather, less public beaches to go to, and annoying vacationers; I find myself waiting all summer for fall.

Now this is a great season, the air is crisper and more comfortable, and special brews come out in the name of Octoberfest.

Now that I live pretty close to the Pennsy border, I find myself looking forward to going to these Octoberfests. Lots of folks, music, food, and especially beer.

Now the point of this post is not all about Octoberfest (thats for another time) my other fall fun combines sports and drinking and that is tailgating at football games.

Tailgating is a sport...No doubt about that, I have already started my preseason workout at last weekends Giants-Jets preseason game drinking my ass off in the Meadowlands Parking lot. My offseason was pretty good, so that days tailgating was a good showing.

I wanted to ask you folks where was the best or is the best place to tailgate, baseball too.

So far the best places I have tailgated at was Giants Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan for Wolverines Games, Columbus Ohio, for Buckeye Games, and believe it or not, Piscataway, NJ for Rutgers Scarlet Knights Games. The team is so bad that everyone just watches the game on tv from the tailgating fields.

Im sure you all have great stories, love to hear.
What Whiskey and Butter cannot cure,
there is no cure for.

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by bella »

I totally agree with you on fall being the best time of the year.. The crisp air and cool nights..Nothing better. Me being from Pennsylvania and all there are many different Octoberfests that I will visit in the coming season..

But there is nothing like a cold beer and a nice class of bourbon on a chilly fall evening..
me loves the voddie

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Hail to the Victors!! The Yellow and Blue!
Hail! Hail! To MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat., Sep. 13 Notre Dame at Ann Arbor=LuckyStrikes will be there!

Ann Arbor Rocks!!
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Sully,

After reading your touching tribute to tailgating, the RU game Saturday sounds cool, weather permitting.

And I want to go to a Ocbtoberfest too!

And let's not forget my favorite:

FEBTOBER!

Ha ha ha, the day is mine, Trebek....
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

nah, man, give me a HOT humid summer day over any other. Beer and vodka on ice with my sweet alcoholic sweat dripping off the tip of my nose. The undrunk complain about how hard it is to sleep in such weather, but it's quite easy to sleep when you pass out to do it. I lament--LAMENT, I tell you--the passing of the summer, although I've always dug the quintessential passing of summer song, Boys of Summer, of which there has been a recent remake.
AHLL BE BOCK

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Spring? Summer? Autumn? Winter? Fuck 'em! It's always my favourite season in the pub.
The dank and smokey atmosphere with that erotic smell of stale beer, vomit and disinfectant...Watching the drunks change colour and fall from their barstools...Warming my hands before a roaring cigarette...The crispness of the air after an ice-cold vodka...The smell of bonfires from my trews...MY TREWS. OH SHITFUCK! I DROPPED MY CIGARETTE!!! AAARGHHH...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

I actually look forward to winter since my pub makes hot spiced Mead. Mmm, yummy.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

UnkleLemmy wrote:I actually look forward to winter since my pub makes hot spiced Mead. Mmm, yummy.
Umm...sounds like a ROAD TRIP!
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Fall and drunk are two words I don't like to use together. Although sometimes it can't be helped.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

LuckyStrikes wrote:Hail to the Victors!! The Yellow and Blue!

Ann Arbor Rocks!!
Make sure to hit Zinngerman's Deli! It's close to campus and makes the best corned beef sandwiches I've ever had.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Shit! Tailgating season has sneaked upon me once again. Georgia vs. Clemson at Death Valley. Don't know if I'll bother buying a ticket, might just hang around and enjoy all the free beer.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
LuckyStrikes wrote:Hail to the Victors!! The Yellow and Blue!

Ann Arbor Rocks!!
Make sure to hit Zinngerman's Deli! It's close to campus and makes the best corned beef sandwiches I've ever had.
Zingerman's. I order stuff from them. Great cheese, breads, desserts. Really good food. You can order off the internet, or at least take a look at their menu. But if you are ever in Ann Arbor, stop by and try their sandwiches, yummmy

http://www.zingermans.com/deli/menu.pasp
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

There's nothing like Fall for me. I can't wait for the Temple-Villanova football game so I can go see the Eagles' new home, Lincoln Financial Field. Plus, my roommate's a Giants fan, so we have a built-in rivalry. We're getting kegs for Eagles-Giants games and doing keg stands for each point scored by the other team.

And of course, Halloween is my favorite holiday of all time. Its on a Friday this year. This way I won't have to miss my Spanish exam and have to withdraw from the class.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Palinka wrote:Spring? Summer? Autumn? Winter? Fuck 'em! It's always my favourite season in the pub.
The dank and smokey atmosphere with that erotic smell of stale beer, vomit and disinfectant...Watching the drunks change colour and fall from their barstools...Warming my hands before a roaring cigarette...The crispness of the air after an ice-cold vodka...The smell of bonfires from my trews...MY TREWS. OH SHITFUCK! I DROPPED MY CIGARETTE!!! AAARGHHH...
Palinka your new avatar throws me off anyhow, but I was concentrating on the posts with my signature bangs covering the left eye, and was totally moved by your words. It's poetry, I tell you. You pass the blind test.

"And would you be surprised to learn the most eloquent and witty post is manufactured by none other than Palinka, the resident genius?" "Well, no. It wouldn't surprise me."

I am glad to see the end of this summer. Don't get me wrong I'll savor every moment of the fall cos our winters are brutal. But for fuck's sake, I thought when I moved up here, 10 years ago September 16th, that I was leaving the humidity and mosquitos behind! Give a girl a break. :roll:

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Sully73
Souse
Souse

Post by Sully73 »

My friend has season tickets to Michigan. I may be able to go to the Homecoming game. Always wanted to go to a rivalry game. You folks in Philly have a nice new stadium, and once they tear the Vet down you'll have more parking to tailgate.

Oh, BTW for all our European Friends, check this weekends Wall Street Journal Europe Article on Absinthe, I just edited it...not bad.
What Whiskey and Butter cannot cure,
there is no cure for.